Post by emu_kidid » Thu May 06, 2010 6:52 am

GeckoOS V1.06d beta
GeckoCard - Backup and manage memory cards
GeckoLoad - Load DOL/ELF files to your Gamecube via USBGecko
GeckoMusic - Load MP3 or MOD files to play
wiird0.9.1 - Debug/Disassemble retail games, take screenshots
GOS16d.zip
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 1370 times
To use any of the above tools you will need a USBGecko, and a way to load gecko106d.dol

VHDL / PCB Schematic for USB Gecko SE
GeckoSESource-VHDL-PCB.zip
(412.05 KiB) Downloaded 915 times
EEPROM file USB Gecko SE (use FTDI's FTProg to write it)
Gecko-EEPROM-UseFTProg.rar
(741 Bytes) Downloaded 830 times
Gecko OS 1.9.31 Source
GeckoOS-1.9.31-src.zip
(462.21 KiB) Downloaded 782 times
Gecko OS 1.9.31 Binary
GeckoOS-1.9.31-bin.zip
(836.45 KiB) Downloaded 838 times
WiiPower

Re: USBGecko & GeckoOS GC

Post by WiiPower » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:05 am

Gecko OS for GC ... for Wii

http://www.mediafire.com/?zttjeii189dtpsu

This is just some side effect of another program i developed, but i thought it could be useful. I have no intention on improving this, like adding an icon, .xml or readme.

Basically this is just a GC homebrew booter with the Gecko OS for GC 1.06d fixed .dol integrated. The most interesting change is that it unlocks the dvd drive(tell the arm to finish its stuff) before it actually loads the .dol.

Unlocked drive == Gecko OS can reset the drive and will work unlike with other methods.
Reclaimer Shawn

Re: USBGecko & GeckoOS GC

Post by Reclaimer Shawn » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:59 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Thu May 06, 2010 6:52 am
GeckoOS V1.06d beta
WiiPower wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:05 am
Gecko OS for GC ... for Wii
Sorry for necro'ing this long-dead thread, but I wanted to ask a question. Did you guys or anyone else ever bring Gecko OS 1.07b (or at least Gecko OS 1.06f or Gecko OS Mod) to the Gamecube? I've been wanting to debug Pokemon XD and Colosseum on a Gamecube and in order to do that, I need to load the master code for the game to not immediately crash on loading.

This would require Ocarina. I've also tried poking the same addresses the master codes do via the WiiRD command line, but that just has Gecko OS 1.06d say "Extracting game" and the game never starts up.

If you all or anyone else has done this or there's a way to get Gecko OS 1.06d to work with Pokemon XD/Colosseum, please let me know. Or if there's another way to debug these games without gc106d.dol on the Gamecube, that'd also be great.

I know I can properly debug these games on the Wii, as I have before, but I'd still like to do it on the Gamecube too. Honestly, this is just for the sake of nostalgia and nothing else.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: USB Gecko & USB Gecko SE

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:25 am

I believe I'd done it on a GameCube with wiiRD 0.9.1 (the one attached here). It's been so long I forget what the prerequisites are for even launching GeckoOS were.
Reclaimer Shawn

Re: USB Gecko & USB Gecko SE

Post by Reclaimer Shawn » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:11 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:25 am
I believe I'd done it on a GameCube with wiiRD 0.9.1 (the one attached here). It's been so long I forget what the prerequisites are for even launching GeckoOS were.
Thanks for commenting! For most games, all you need to do to debug them with GC106d.dol is to launch the DOL with a USB Gecko in Slot B, then connect WiiRD/GeckodNET and you're done. Launch the game.

For Pokemon XD and Colosseum this doesn't work for two reasons. One, the hook needs to branch towards 0x800018A8 instead of the typical hook. Secondly, 6-7 values on the game's main.dol need to be NOP'd before the game starts, as otherwise, Pokemon XD and Colosseum wipe the memory region that GeckoOS is stored in to prevent debugging.

My problem was I have no way as far as I can tell on a Gamecube to set the hook and NOP what needs to be NOP'd before the game launches (and then hangs) without using ocarina, which gc106d.dol doesn't have. I've also tried to use the WiiRD console to do this myself, but to no avail. It just gets locked into a loop and says "Extracting game" and never loads if I attempt to poke to memory.