A simple graphical interface for Gamecube to "point and click" for loading your favorite emulators or homebrew.
MegaLoader will automatically search SD slot A, B, then ISO9660 Disc.
Drag and drop your favorite emulator or homebrew into your device of choice, select your emulator or homebrew and allow MegaLoader to search for you.
updated versions can be found here
download GC homebrew starter pack here
Search will be performed in the following locations of each detected device:
Code: Select all
sda:/ sda:/emus sda:/megaloader sdb:/ sdb:/emus sdb:/megaloader dvd:/ dvd:/emus dvd:/megaloader
Code: Select all
FCE Ultra GX = fceugx-gc.dol Snes9x GX = snes9xgx-gc.dol Cube64 = cube64.dol VBA GX = vbagx_gc.dol Genesis Plus = genplus_cube.dol Hugo GX = hugo_cube.dol NeoGeo CD = neocdredux.dol NeoGeo Pocket = neopopgc.dol CubeSX = cubeSX.dol VectrexGC = vecxgc.dol Colecovision = collisionGC.dol ScummVM = scummvm-gc.dol Chip8 = chip8.dol Pong = pong.dol Quake = quake.dol Fruit Remover = fruitremover.dol Tetris = tetris.dol Ascii Fighter = af.dol Breakout = breakout.dol Snowlords = snowlords.dol Super Methane Brothers = methane.dol
Additional features include:
1. Z Button - quick button to search and boot swiss
2. R Trigger - menu swap
3. gamecube icon - search disc drive for GCM and (re)boot to allow IPL to load if present. ( cheesy implementation )
4. simple to understand graphical feedback for any errors detected. ( i hope )
5. autodetect video mode
1. Functionality tested only with XenoGC. Please provide feedback for other modchips if installed to flash as initial boot.
2. Not tested with WKF / Wode drive replacements. Please report behavior (especially the behavior when Gamecube icon is selected).
DONE!! WKF confirmed to run MegaLoader and boot selected homebrew title from SD Slots. With WKF installed selecting the "GC" icon will show invalid disc message indicating the program sees the WKF as a drive with no ISO9660 disc type as expected...at least this means it doesnt crash
does not detect files located on WKF SD reader...ill look into that and try to add in support if possible
will now detect WKF but does not search...only added in minimal support to prevent freezing
also awaiting for wode to arrive to verify overall behavior
3. Not tested with Swiss autoboot using boot.dol detection on SD. Please report behavior.
DONE!! Swiss will autoboot boot.dol as expected to allow MegaLoader to become a frontend GUI for easy homebrew loading....and pressing Z button will load Swiss as expected. << im surprised how great this functionality worked (thought i was gonna need to fix something here)
NOTE: only seems to work from WKF firmware. I am having detectability issues for autoboot if Swiss is flashed to WKF
4. My component cable is still packed away in a box so i have not had the opportunity to test video auto detection mode. Please report any video bugs.
DONE!! video auto detection mode works. 480i / 480p / 576i / 576p confirmed
5. Please provide feedback of any other bugs encountered.