wii drive chip collection

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
1nick9

wii drive chip collection

Post by 1nick9 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:04 am

hey guys,
uploaded this to archive. collection of drive mod stuff, limited with updates n config discs. main draw is the hex and sources of some commercial chips. hex only ones appear to be ripped by others, sources appear to be released by dev as few have gnu license in them. did cad a wiikey v1 clone and has been tested working 100% using the 1.9g pack then update disc to 1.99beta. the 1.99beta dump was me when playing with dip atmega8 in socket so dumped once flashed upgrade.

pcb cad been tested with atmega8l and atmega8a but all atmega8 should work like xenogc as sure by same people just wii version.

https://archive.org/details/wiidrivemodssources.7z

all this stuff just have come across over the years online shared and saved copy local. noticed the sources seem to be hard to find for commercial chips had so figure upload to archive to preserve and spread. cad just did for bit of fun.

edited to update url after av flag on extra added.
Last edited by 1nick9 on Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: wii drive chip collection

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:06 pm

Nice work, there were so many configuration discs and the like when updates came out back then, I kinda miss those days.
1nick9

Post by 1nick9 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:07 am

yeah was interesting times, softmods are for sure the way to go with wii now days. even more so if d3 or d4 drive which never got a chip. though i do enjoy wiikey v1 paired with 4.1 softmod, softmod does the region free lot better than the chip and always nice to be able to play backups off disc if want. left one wii mod free so if dump is clean no patched data from modchip.
had just been messing round recently with pcb cadding to learn, when saw i had the wiikey v1 dumps i figure make a cad of it as simple circuit but good to get head round how to do odd shaped cut pcbs. plan to do a xenogc clone, which are already many, but clone the pcb close to original, just for another project to get more practice. did program atmega8a with iscp avrdude and pi3 originally as was waiting on tl866ii tqf32 adapter for them, then the atemega8l with that. the pi is handy with avrdude for iscp, doesn't even need any components just direct links to gpio, might be worth adding that to the xenogc info you host. I actually stripped a xenogc for components to test as got pcbs in before the bits for them.
also if remember right, xenogc, wiikeyv1, d2ckey, d2pro, wiikey v2 all was same dev. unfortunately don't have the wiikey v2 source or even more so the wiikey fusion, be great if they was released. just figure upload it as way to preserve as seems few of those packs disappeared from ages. feel free to host them on your site if wish, archive was just easiest to upload to and share link round. i assume dev that sources there have np with it, long out of fab and clearly released it themselves at one point. but none is my work besides the pcb cad, so can't speak for them.
1nick9

Post by 1nick9 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:50 am

remembered one of the opensource i forgot. openwii. had google for it and found posted on github. made zip of it and added to archive upload. best multi places posted heh.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090417022 ... enWii_Wiki

last capture of the site, no downloads but the 2.4 was on this github
https://github.com/rhcp011235/openwii
added and linked to the github too.
1nick9

Post by 1nick9 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:24 am

got bored so went through sks what was captured and some bits missing. namily wiifree2.51 and 2.51b. some of the other missing already in what uploaded to archive originally. went digging round for wiifree after 2.45 which had. found 2.50 which added. 2.51 2.51b didn't find. seems main different 2.45>2.50 is adding lcd screen, which only one pic added too and static logo displayed.

then 2.50-2.51/b as sks lists
2.51 - 2.51b : Updated installation schematic. All binaries/sources remain the same. 16F628A confirmed to work.

2.50 - 2.51 : Added bunch of features for the LCD screen: -Shows chipset (D2A,D2B) -Shows region (JAP,USA,EUR,OFF,N/A) -Shows drivespeed (2x,4x,6x) -Shows chip activity -Setting region @ first succesful boot -Checking original/backup -Patching backups -Idle -Bad connection (soldering job) check... hehehe Also updated schematics, now using USB 5v point, and LCD support for 16F628A (compiles, unable to test, should be ok, let us know). We used a 2x16 LCD as basis for the lcd messages, as it's the most common size. More and longer lines are easily implemented, so give a shout on the forums if you'd be interested in that. Also we don't have every LCD in the world so give us your input if something is up, should work though, first make sure you didnt fuck up yourself. 12F6xx code remains the same.

nothing major lost really from looks just lcd addon

dam triggered av scan on archive

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a62 ... /detection

will reupload with that removed from pack. have make new url due to deleted malware hit. tested the 2.45 pack had n hits same (just on virustotal alone) so sure false as my long kept pack matches the 2.45 off sksapps capture checksum exact. so just put it all inside the 7z as obiviously has trouble scanning different archives inside different types.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:55 pm

I haven't looked at what you've uploaded yet but I had quite a few back in the day, one called Wii Boss that came with a serial programmer, Wiinja, CycloWiz etc. I should round them up and take a photo
1nick9

Post by 1nick9 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:38 am

yeah i was installer. mostly used yaosm for dms-d2b. then d2ckey for short period was only. then d2sun lites as worked dms-d2e (softmods was taking over at bout this point so drive install requests was low for little. never used d2pro as by time needed to was d2sunlite lot cheaper), was cheap and worked well. still used yaosm for early rev. do have a d2sun still, the higher end version as got it for a d2e for myself and chips was long dead by then but found d2sun still on ic2005 (dunno if still up). ended up coming across some dms-d2b boards so swapped for wiikey that mate sent me 2x. installed one then noticed i had the dumps of it so tested actually worked with dip atmega8 as local electronics shop stocked that, was unsure work off the 3.3v point so just put it on 5v. as datasheet showed its range not as low as L or newer A for supply. worked np so stripped the wiikey for easier tracing n did my clone of it.

oh do have flatmii in one wii too. didn't bother adding to upload shit from there site as all captured in website captures on archive, can if people wish me to add it.

heres some pics seeing said was going to take some of what got.
Attachments
wiikeyscan_top.jpg
(16.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wiikeyscan_bottom.jpg
(10.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wiikeycloneinstalled.jpg
(162.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
d2sun.jpg
(131.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet