Ocarina/Wiird on gamecube retail games

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
WiiPower

Ocarina/Wiird on gamecube retail games

Post by WiiPower » Sun May 23, 2010 6:07 pm

With the latest NeoGamma(R9 beta 13), it's possible run Ocarina and Wiird for retail gamecube games on a Wii. There's no additional hardware required for this(Action Replay, sd gecko or whatever), just a sd card for Ocarina or an usb gecko for Wiird. But it does require to have a cMIOS installed, this one for example:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hkozvnmq5f4

NeoGamma R9 beta 13 download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ogmmmnlrzyn

Actually i'm hoping this helps in the development of the SD Boot successor as it's a faster way to boot the debugger than the others i know.
Cubelover

Re: Ocarina/Wiird on gamecube retail games

Post by Cubelover » Mon May 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Nice work WiiPower, now I can easily debug my gamecube games :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue May 25, 2010 1:44 am

I prefer Wiird on a GC with USBGecko (This stuff is on the forums already), but if you've got a wii only and no modchip I guess this will have to do (sucks you have to modify MIOS).
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Tue May 25, 2010 9:05 am

Oh i missed the fact that you can just launch the Gecko OS .dol on a gamecube. If you run that on a wii(in gamecube mode), its menu shows up, but it can't read any (retail!) discs.

I guess we have different points of view regarding modding, i prefer software modification as it's 100% reversible, and that easily. I do have a gamecube as well, but it's not modded, and i don't think i have any disc i would need to softmod it, i don't have any Action Replay, media player or such for gamecube.
Adr990

Post by Adr990 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:13 pm

Oh wow great. :)
Of course, I like to use my USB Gecko too. But its still great to see this support.

Thanks WiiPower.