sd-boot action replay

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
insane

sd-boot action replay

Post by insane » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:37 am

Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to modify an action replay disk to use the hook that sd boot rc4 uses, because MGS: the twin snakes works with the action replay embedded in rc4.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: sd-boot action replay

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 am

Nope, it's not possible. Next version of sd-boot will allow discs to boot with cheats too.
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:57 pm

How will you do that? With action replay or with the Gecko OS code handler integrated? Currently i have the Gecko OS code handler integrated on my loader, but only on retail discs. I could enable it for backups as well, but i would need to use memory i don't want to use and it would probalbly mess up all codes.
insane

Post by insane » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:36 pm

emu_kidid wrote:Nope, it's not possible. Next version of sd-boot will allow discs to boot with cheats too.
Yeah, that's what I was guessing at but I just had to make sure. btw thanks for making sd boot.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:42 am

@ WiiPower, no, it's not using GeckoOS code engine, it's using the one from GCARS by Fuzziqer Software. (Given to me quite some time ago).

Also, to run GC backups from disc, I don't need anything in memory because on a Gamecube the DVD Drive can simply be "unlocked" and code uploaded to it.