Wii boot with Wiikey fusion

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
csange

Wii boot with Wiikey fusion

Post by csange » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:20 am

Hi all,

I have a Wii 4.3e with a Wiikey fusion. When I turn the Wii on, it boots from its nand flash memory.

Is there any way to boot directly from the SD card of the Wiikey fusion?

I ask this question, because I have a banner brick on my Wii and I try to solve it by booting HBC from the SD card, but I did not succeed yet
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Wii boot with Wiikey fusion

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:30 am

No you cannot boot a wii application direct from the Wiikey Fusion. At best you could boot a ISO of a game from it if the ISO header starts with a 0x00 byte, but you can't boot unsigned code this way since the Trucha bug was fixed in some 3.x version.

Also as there is no system update past 4.3 you can't fix it by inserting a disc/iso of a game that contains a newer version.

Do you have Bootmii installed? that might be your only hope.

SaveMii could've helped you if you were running the correct FW: http://savemii.net/troubleshooting.html
csange

Re: Wii boot with Wiikey fusion

Post by csange » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:42 pm

Thank you for your answer.

I really don't know if Bootmii is already installed. I followed a tutorial to install the HBC with letterbomb and I remember that there was Bootmii installation, but now I am not sure if it is stalled or not.

Tell me what I can try, to use Bootmii, to solve the problem.

By the way, information about SaveMii is very interesting but, what do you mean with correct FW?? Correct firmware? Firmaware of Wiikey Fusion??