RVL-039 vs Panasonic eneloop

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
q8v08
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:23 pm

RVL-039 vs Panasonic eneloop

Postby q8v08 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:58 am

It seems japan got a official recharger for the wiiremote in japan under the wii u motionplus name instead.

www.play-asia.com/wii-remote-control-qu ... en-70-6oaf.
www.play-asia.com/wii-remote-control-qu ... -6oa9.html

The battery itself RVL-039 is rated
2.4v
2.8Wh
1150mah

The mah is the real shock most 3rd party chargers come with 2600-3800mah battery 3.7v battery although I don't how that is possible given rechargable AA batterys are only 1.2v x2 and non recharchables are 1.5 x2

Anyway I was looking to buy the best rechargable batteries for the wii remote and came accross the
Panasonic 1.2v BK-3MCCE 1900mah 4th gen eneloop, is this the best battery you can get?

I saw that the leds alone draw 2.66vdc and the weakass motor draws 3.3vdc, I'm guessing it gets this by a delayed capaciter charge from the supplied 3v or 2.4v?

dilav
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:54 am
Location: USA

Re: RVL-039 vs Panasonic eneloop

Postby dilav » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:05 pm

q8v08 wrote:It seems japan got a official recharger for the wiiremote in japan under the wii u motionplus name instead.


I've noticed that the US Nintendo shop has these wiimote battery/recharger as well, not sure if they are easily found in stores as I don't pay attention to them.
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=3&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod130007&categoryId=cat10020
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=3&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod130005&categoryId=cat10020

q8v08 wrote:The mah is the real shock most 3rd party chargers come with 2600-3800mah battery 3.7v battery although I don't how that is possible given rechargable AA batterys are only 1.2v x2 and non recharchables are 1.5 x2


The mAh rating of 3rd party batteries may be a lie especially if they are not a reputable brand. The battery voltage is possible as they are of a different chemistry. The NiCad/NiHM cells nominal voltage is at 1.2v, while lithium ion is 3.6/3.7v.

q8v08 wrote:Anyway I was looking to buy the best rechargable batteries for the wii remote and came accross the
Panasonic 1.2v BK-3MCCE 1900mah 4th gen eneloop, is this the best battery you can get?


Personally I use eneloop since I don't use my wiimote very much and like these batteries as AA can be used in other things and they are one of the best rated LSD batteries. If you use your controllers frequently you may want a wiimote battery/dock for convenience sake. There are some higher capacity eneloop with lower less charge cycles and you still may be able to find some higher capacity non LSD NiMH. You can't really go wrong with any good quality batteries though.

q8v08
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: RVL-039 vs Panasonic eneloop

Postby q8v08 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:43 pm

Thanks atm i'm lucky to get 3 hours out of my old Jessops x2 AA 1500mah Ni-MH, fully charged they only report as 66% in powercheck.


Return to “Wii”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest