emu_kidid , CPS1 CPS2 Saturn emulator questions

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
s8n187

emu_kidid , CPS1 CPS2 Saturn emulator questions

Post by s8n187 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:14 pm

howdy emu_kidid , i really want a CPS1 / CPS2 emulator or Saturn emu to run the Capcom fighters

Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter
Marvel Vs Capcom
Street Fighter Alpha 1 2 3
Super Street Fighter 2
Xmen Vs Street Fighter

etc.......

is the WII capable of running a CPS1 / CPS2 emulator or Saturn emu ?

I know Yabause is out i have tested it but it runs Street Fighter Alpha 1 at about 15fps , is the WII capable of running Full Speed ?

Also one of the SDLMAMEs apparently can run CPS1 2 roms but it takes ages to load the rom.

Whats your opinion on this ? ......will there ever be a CPS1 2 emulator that can achieve decent load times and fps ?

and with the Yabause Team's Saturn emulator do you think it will improve fps to Full Speed ?

btw ive tested your WiiSX emulator and am hoping for more releases in the future , it looks quite promising

chat soon

s8n
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: emu_kidid , CPS1 CPS2 Saturn emulator questions

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:27 pm

CPS1/CPS2 is something we've looked into in the past. It's 100% possible. Time is the only constraint on our team!

Saturn, I wouldn't bother really :(
s8n187

Post by s8n187 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:45 am

hiya , thanks for that insight and reply ......at least now i know what i can hope for in the future. Ill keep waiting and checking around for news about a CPS emulator , with Yabause i would be quite surprised if it turns into something good i dont like their choices as a team.

btw have you checked out GxGeo ?......... Blizzo still needs to iron out a few bugs one being a synchronization issue.......but yeah hes done a top job. Maybe it can be added to the Emulators section of this site it deserves some attention.

http://www.blizzo.co.uk/gxgeo

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GxGeo

s8n
ar15mex

Post by ar15mex » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:49 am

Back on topic must say that the best emulator to be ported should be winkawaks!!!