Wii Softmod- Original N64 VC games and other question

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
dman777

Wii Softmod- Original N64 VC games and other question

Post by dman777 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:06 am

I was thinking about soft modding my Wii. I want to be able to navigate with my controller instead of remote and I want to load game saves(so I don't have to open stages). I was wondering, please:

1) N64 accurate emulation is important to me. I own N64 Smash bro mellee, N64 Mario Tennis, and N64 Golf in VC. If I softmod my wii and inject these games, will they play accurately as they did in the virtual console before it was softmoded?

2) I have Smash Bro Melee gamecube disc. With my soft moded Wii, could I load a game save with all the characters/stages open and still play the game off the disc?
sindrik

Re: Wii Softmod- Original N64 VC games and other question

Post by sindrik » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:15 am

1) Why would you lose accuracy in the Virtual Console emulator because of any software mod? :D

2) You can download a savegame and inject it to your GCN memory card, but i don't undertand your question about "still" being able to play the game off the disc.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Wii Softmod- Original N64 VC games and other question

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:01 pm

I think what he's saying is if he runs the actual intended VC WAD vs injecting a ROM into another emulator container WAD. I'm not sure if each N64 emulator WAD is applying different hacks per game but you never know.