leave wii cpu clock on gc mode

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
Naxil

leave wii cpu clock on gc mode

Post by Naxil » Thu May 12, 2022 6:12 am

hello i know wii is a gamecube 1.5 and when mios is loaded wii lock some memory for match with gamecube and downclock the cpu. its possible leave the normal wii cpu/gpu clock for enhance fps? and use alll memory for enable some feature like savestate?
Naxil

Re: leave wii cpu clock on gc mode

Post by Naxil » Sat May 14, 2022 4:49 am

bump?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun May 15, 2022 9:15 am

It may not be as simple as just setting the clock to nominal value, there may be hardware interlocks that are linked to that speed limit (memory space adressing…).

GC games probably are not programmed as PC games, as they are hardware-dedicated, using full blown Wii's GPU may not result in higher FPS.
There already are some timing issues when modifiing output methods on the GC…

I'd say, if you want the real hardware enhanced experience, run SWISS on the real hardware, if you want enhancements beyond hardware limits, just run Dolphin on a beefy PC.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
carnage

Post by carnage » Sat May 21, 2022 7:52 am

Naxil wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 6:12 am
hello i know wii is a gamecube 1.5 and when mios is loaded wii lock some memory for match with gamecube and downclock the cpu. its possible leave the normal wii cpu/gpu clock for enhance fps? and use alll memory for enable some feature like savestate?
nintendont already does this on wii, you play all gc games with wii clock speed and gpu, and some games have a much higher fps than on real hardware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPrejZ0J-2c

just use nintendont ...