Loading Gamecube backups on Wii

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
wilidy

Loading Gamecube backups on Wii

Post by wilidy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm having some trouble loading some GC (backups) games on my Wii. I can load (almost) any GC game from Gamecube Backup Loader 0.2, as well as NeoGamma R9 and the Disc Channel. The thing is that there are some games (Pokémon XD, for exemple) that needs the "Press B to use patched MIOS" option on the GC Backup Loader in order to play it.
But only the GC Backup Loader have that option. Neogamma don't have it, neither Disc Channel. That means the only loader where I can play this "Press B" game is GC Backup.

Is there any way I can patch or do something with the GC game that needs that option? I know I could just play the game in GC Backup Loader, but I end up getting some color problem while I play the game. And I cant load this game in NeoGamma (I want to apply Ocarina codes to some GC games)...

Anything?
Hells Guardian

Re: Loading Gamecube backups on Wii

Post by Hells Guardian » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Change the settings of the Neogama to load from patched MiosIt's got much higher compatability than the standard backup loader. though I'd still install Wiigator's 0.2 cMIOS
wilidy

Post by wilidy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:04 am

I'm pretty sure I tested all options on NeoGamma... Where's that Load from patched MIOS option?

The WiiGator 0.2 cMIOS has more compatibility? Can I loose something If I install it?
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:24 am

No the only down side is that you have the backup loader appear every time you load a game retail or backup but It doesn't cause any issue eexcept with Eternal Darkness and that can be fixed by loading your games through Neogamma R9 Beta 47 Found here.

http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

It also has the GC options menu that lets you choose to load from the patched mios ect. Install Wiigator's cMIOS v0.2 with MIOSv4 as the base and then setup Neogamma to load the the internal mios and set everything else that looks relavent and you are ready to play.
wilidy

Post by wilidy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:15 am

I've just instaled the MIOSv10 (any deference from v4?) and it's loading perfectly now from Neogamma! Pokémon XD with nice colors now ;D

Thanks guys!
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:30 am

Well I'm not sure if the Wiigator MIOS has a patch to support the Action Replay for GC. I know MIOSv4 was the last MIOS to actually support the device however thats the only reason I would reccomend v4 as v10 doesn't really add any functionality over v4. None the less glad you got your stuff working.
WiiPower

Post by WiiPower » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:01 pm

My cMIOS contains a patch that allows Action Replay again. Hmm, the patched MIOS option in NeoGamma might only work with MIOS v10, at least it's only tested with that.
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:34 pm

I can confirm it works with v4 using Wiigator's cMIOS. Thats what I use. Though If using a loader only I
d say your MIOS is the best option.