Wii iso from Wii dol?

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
HomelandReloaded

Wii iso from Wii dol?

Post by HomelandReloaded » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:51 pm

Does anyone know of a way to build a bootable Wii iso from a Wii dol? I have searched for hours with Google (one search to rule them all and in the net to bind them). I really want to be able to load dols from Wiikey Fusion or the SD card without installing the HBC so I don't brick the Wii.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Wii iso from Wii dol?

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:58 pm

You can't for various reasons. Fake signing is required, and since I think FW v3.2 it's been stopped in all IOS. sure you could patch it back in but you're way better off just installing the hbc or using the bannerbomb exploit if your system is on an older FW.
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:47 am

HBC it is then. Thank you.
Paul.str

Post by Paul.str » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:59 am

You searched for hours?
It's crazy how fast this information gets lost.

You simply open a Wii iso in trucha signer and replace the 'main.dol' with your dol. You can delete all files in the other partitions to save space.

Or:
http://hackmii.com/2008/08/open-source- ... -template/

Download the 2nd link and put your dol and there.
I HIGHLY reccomend this option. The first way I described is messy.
steffen

Post by steffen » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:50 am

You could also use letterbomb to launch homebrew without installing anything if you're on 4.3. Otherwise, Bannerbomb will accomplish the same thing for (almost) any other firmware.

By the way, no one bricked their Wii by installing HBC yet :) So if you don't install any additional crap, you're fine.
wii_HD

Post by wii_HD » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:24 pm

@ HomelandReloaded

Home Brew Channel greatly enhances the wii and the Letterbomb install involves no outlay whatsoever - just need an SD card.

I thought everyone here at this forum with a wii would have HBC mandatory. Pretty surprised thats not the case.
Playing - Super Mario Sunshine - DariusBurst CS - Hotline Miami 2 - Rpi2 Lakka - X360 BurnOut Paradise City
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Thanks everyone for the follow-up; I'm afraid I didn't see it till now cos I ordered Indiana Jones (PAL) and then waited till it arrived before coming back to this thread. I followed the very clear procedure for installing HBC except I got a newer version of hackmii installer than the one in the guide. First attempt and the Wii froze (had to unplug it). Second attempt worked, but I've forgotten what I wanted it for now... Still, I'm sure I'm gonna need it so I'm really glad I've got it installed. @Paul.str I've only just seen your msg and I'm going to try that too (I would have tried it first if I'd seen it sooner). Thanks everyone - this has opened up a new world for me!
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:34 pm

steffen wrote:By the way, no one bricked their Wii by installing HBC yet
I didn't think HBC would brick my Wii - I thought Nintendo would if I ever connect it to the internet!
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Nope they don't.