My Wiimote Shuts Off When I Load The Homebrew Channel

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
User avatar
reversalmushroom
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:20 am

Re: My Wiimote Shuts Off When I Load The Homebrew Channel

Post by reversalmushroom » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:19 pm

When they say "Unfortunately, although HBC itself will work, there’s no way it can make existing homebrew work with it too", do they mean that those apps won't work with the new wiimotes, or that apps won't work in the new Homebrew Channel? I don't want to install it only to find out that every single app ever made doesn't work anymore. I mean, why even have that channel if the apps don't work? That's like buying a bricked Wii. Either way, it sucks to be the Wii64 team right now!
Who would win in a fight between you and yo mama?
User avatar
Ashen
Posts: 994
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: My Wiimote Shuts Off When I Load The Homebrew Channel

Post by Ashen » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:25 pm

reversalmushroom wrote:I mean, why even have that channel if the apps don't work? That's like buying a bricked Wii. Either way, it sucks to be the Wii64 team right now!
This is a pretty retarded statement all in all.

Homebrew/emulator authors/teams will have to update their apps to work with the new wiimotes just like the HBC guys did. Its like saying because Microsoft is planning to release Windows 8 soon and because [X] company hasn't updated their software to work with it yet that its Microsoft's fault it doesn't work. Have a little patience.
User avatar
reversalmushroom
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:20 am

Re: My Wiimote Shuts Off When I Load The Homebrew Channel

Post by reversalmushroom » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:23 pm

I wasn't saying it's their fault the apps don't work. I wasn't sure if they meant that the apps don't work with the new wiimotes or if the apps don't work in the new Homebrew Channel, and I was just remarking that if it was the latter, that I wouldn't want to switch out my old Homebrew Channel with all of my beloved apps for a newer Homebrew Channel that has no apps. I would think that that's something people who use the Homebrew Channel would like to know, beforehand.
Who would win in a fight between you and yo mama?
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4628
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: My Wiimote Shuts Off When I Load The Homebrew Channel

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:42 pm

reversalmushroom, we do know beforehand about these issues, most major people working on homebrew find out one way or another that there is a new hbc in development (when it is), because after all, we're the ones writing software that will boot USING the homebrew channel, and in many cases, we're the ones testing out the beta versions of the hbc.

We know we have to re-release Wii64/WiiSX to support the new Wiimotes now that libOGC has support, but we're still busy/in the middle of other things and will get to it eventually.
Image
User avatar
reversalmushroom
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:20 am

Re: My Wiimote Shuts Off When I Load The Homebrew Channel

Post by reversalmushroom » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Is this a big set back? I'm just curious. I'm not in so much of a hurry to have it that I want to be ungrateful. You take as much time as you need.

PS - Someone ported Super Bomberman 2 to the N64, but it's crashed on every single emulator I've ever tried to play it with. Hopefully Wii64's next incarnation will be different.
Who would win in a fight between you and yo mama?
User avatar
liquitt
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 am
Location: neverland
Contact:

Re: My Wiimote Shuts Off When I Load The Homebrew Channel

Post by liquitt » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:53 am

Ashen wrote:
reversalmushroom wrote:I mean, why even have that channel if the apps don't work? That's like buying a bricked Wii. Either way, it sucks to be the Wii64 team right now!
This is a pretty retarded statement all in all.

Homebrew/emulator authors/teams will have to update their apps to work with the new wiimotes just like the HBC guys did. Its like saying because Microsoft is planning to release Windows 8 soon and because [X] company hasn't updated their software to work with it yet that its Microsoft's fault it doesn't work. Have a little patience.
this.
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
User avatar
reversalmushroom
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:20 am

Re: My Wiimote Shuts Off When I Load The Homebrew Channel

Post by reversalmushroom » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:50 am

liquitt wrote:
Ashen wrote:
reversalmushroom wrote:
I mean, why even have that channel if the apps don't work? That's like buying a bricked Wii. Either way, it sucks to be the Wii64 team right now!
This is a pretty retarded statement all in all.

Homebrew/emulator authors/teams will have to update their apps to work with the new wiimotes just like the HBC guys did. Its like saying because Microsoft is planning to release Windows 8 soon and because [X] company hasn't updated their software to work with it yet that its Microsoft's fault it doesn't work. Have a little patience.
this.
Yes.
Who would win in a fight between you and yo mama?
User avatar
Jaecus
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:54 am
Location: England

Re: My Wiimote Shuts Off When I Load The Homebrew Channel

Post by Jaecus » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:13 pm

reversalmushroom wrote: PS - Someone ported Super Bomberman 2 to the N64, but it's crashed on every single emulator I've ever tried to play it with. Hopefully Wii64's next incarnation will be different.
This is not necessary as Super Bomberman 2 can be played already with snes9x emulator..
User avatar
Cubelover
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:22 am

Re: My Wiimote Shuts Off When I Load The Homebrew Channel

Post by Cubelover » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:23 pm

All you have to do is to recompile existing homebrew with latest libogc. No code modification needed if I'm not mistaken.
Post Reply