Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes

Talk about games you've played, new games coming out, console hardware, etc..
Ashen

Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes

Post by Ashen » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:22 pm

Dunno if anyone else here on the forums knew of this game. It is a fan made sequel to the original Chrono Trigger in which development/release was halted due to a cease and desist order served by square-enix. Anyway it was psyched up quite a bit on the internet a few months back only to seemingly never see the light of day. Here is an old excerpt from a news site:

Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes was a fan project modification of the Chrono Trigger ROM begun in late 2004. Development continued thanks to a dedicated group of fans through 2009. By May 2009, the game featured ~35 hours of game play, 10 multiple endings, and 23 chapters, much like the original Chrono Trigger; it was around 98% complete. The plot featured the original cast as they struggled against a new villain risen from the legacy of Zeal.

Fortunately for people like me who really looked forward to playing this... its been leaked ;) hope i'm not breaking any rules by posting a link if so plz remove:

http://www.emuparadise.org/News/comments.php?id=979
KirovAir

Re: Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes

Post by KirovAir » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:43 am

Personally, I'm not really very familiar with Chrono Trigger. But my uncle is, and he's very excited about this project. Thanks from him. :)
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."
Burbruee

Post by Burbruee » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Is this the one where you start out as Magus in a snowy area? If it is I have played the older release, but could never beat the first boss about ~5 minutes in, even though I tried like a hundred times. :P
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Burbruee wrote:Is this the one where you start out as Magus in a snowy area? If it is I have played the older release, but could never beat the first boss about ~5 minutes in, even though I tried like a hundred times. :P
No, The one where you play as Magus is another romhack from the same team I believe (which ties the story's together). I think it was called Chrono Trigger: Prophet's Guile. Crimson Echoes is a continuation of the story from the first game. It has been reported that you should use the most recent version of zsnes or bsnes to play these games.