Super Metroid hacking.....

Talk about games you've played, new games coming out, console hardware, etc..
mikog

Super Metroid hacking.....

Post by mikog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:12 am

Ok so I have an idea for a super metroid hack and I need to know how to do ASM hacking... Because I know the Super Metroid Intergrated Level Editor (S.M.I.L.E.) just edits level/textures. I'm not sure where to put this so I put it here.( in general gaming )
~mikog.[/code]
mikog

Re: Super Metroid hacking.....

Post by mikog » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:20 pm

My super metroid hack's name: Metroid: the return of the sa-x!

Storyline: This game (obviously) takes place after metroid fusion. While samus was fighting the Omega Metroid, There was another sa-x that broke a window with a super missile and space-jumped out of the research station... This sa-x decided to fuse itself with phazon and became the dark sa-x! The research station was rebuilt and was attacked by the dark sa-x.(which was eviler and stronger than before) Samus receives a call from the station that they are being attacked by the x parasites again. While Samus is receiving this call The dark Sa-x brakes the window on her ship and attacks her... The dark sa-x creates a blackhole and jumps into it, Samus' ship crashes into the station. Can you survive as zss until you get your ability to switch between zss/power suit samus back?

ASM needed:
*1 suit upgrades: Nano suit.(varia + gravity suit)
* Once you regain your power suit you can switch power suit off. (when you turn power suit off, you turn back into Zero suit samus... which is needed for some puzzles.)
*New beams/items!(such as stun pistol while you are zss and spiderball)
*Power grip ability from metroid zero mission?
*Crawling ability as zss.(since you won't have your suit, you won't have morphball.)
*Dark Sa-x as the boss of the whole game.
*Text that appears on the map screen or some type of pop-up messages.
*A way to put spring ball into hi-jump.( So that spiderball can take over springball's slot in the weapon on/off menu )
* X Parasite bosses and X parasite enemies.
*Level lock doors or gates.
*Beginning cut scenes changed.
*Music from fusion.

Other stuff needed that's not ASM:
*Textures/Tiles from fusion.

Skills needed to play: One wall jumping, Bomb jumping, diagonal Bomb jumping.

Gameplay will be long since there will be lots of bosses.(I'm thinking of like 15 of them..)You take more damage as zss so you can die easily.
(I edited it to include storyline changes.)
Last edited by mikog on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 13 times in total.
~mikog.[/code]
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:42 am

storyline sounds great...but, just to add and maybe help refine the story...

we know samus can call her suit at will...
why would she be in her powersuit while on travel? its sexier to have her big boobs showing at the beginning...
and since this is a homebrew, have that metroid chick as the face of samus :) !!!

also, her ability to call her powersuit has been documented to be based on stress...
maybe the dark sa-x caused the crash while in midsts of receiving orders...being on the planet, not knowing the objective, not having transportation off the planet, no communication...
this would cause stress enough to prevent ability to call the powersuit...
hence, other (new) suit type will be found...quick thought..nano suit
offers ability against heat and cold while being a slim and trim sexxy addon.

also if the dark sa-x is stronger and more evil than the original sa-x, why have a weaker version???
the dark sa-x should be at full power upon first confrontation and samus is smart enough to blast a hole under the dark-sa-x to allow her the opportunity to escape.

???
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
mikog

Post by mikog » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:16 am

Finally a reply! well what I really meant by a weaker version is that it would leave the ship after being fought by samus. :D (like ridley at colony in the original game, but the dark sa-x making a black hole is a better idea.) Thanks for helping me with the story, your suggestion is better. :mrgreen: When I start making this, I will post pictures! :)
Last edited by mikog on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
~mikog.[/code]
mikog

Post by mikog » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:42 pm

I found this here: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/in ... 35.20.html
Soneone there made spazer and plasma combine without the game freezing.
It's a little buggy, but it'll have to do for now.
~mikog.[/code]
mikog

Post by mikog » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:03 pm

There will some areas in the game where you will be forced to use either spiderball or bomb jumping. (You can't substitute one for the other.) Also when you turn your power suit off, you turn back into zss. (zss has grappling beam and runs faster.)
Overall game difficulty: *Very hard.(although it won't require you to do mockballing, it's still very hard... mainly because the damage modifications as zss)
~mikog.[/code]
mikog

Post by mikog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:00 am

I don't actually know anything about super metroid hacking (except for smile), so does anyone here hack super metroid? because I would like to know the basics/coding limitations.....
~mikog.[/code]
Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm

please don't quadruple post, instead edit your old post ;)
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:23 pm

Dragoon wrote:please don't quadruple post, instead edit your old post ;)
what he said!
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
mikog

Post by mikog » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:32 am

*Update*
Why does the dark sa-x attack samus' ship? It's looking for more intelligence, so it kidnaps a etecoon (monkey-like creatures that teach samus wall jump in super metroid). The only ones left rest in her ship....

Zss switcher should be where grapple used to be, with a graphic of zss/ samus in suit's head. Samus' suit survived partially from the crash, so it is a broken gravity suit.(fusion's gravity suit)
~mikog.[/code]