Really, what is/was the best Paper Mario game?

Talk about games you've played, new games coming out, console hardware, etc..
mikog

Really, what is/was the best Paper Mario game?

Post by mikog » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:08 am

Well imo, :evil: super paper mario was the worst, ( Mainly because the turn-based battle system was removed...) but :P I'm not really sure between the gc's/n64's one. I'm still wondering what the new one (3DS one) will be like.... since it has the turn-based battle system coming back, I'm assuming it will be a good one. :D
~mikog.[/code]
sm4rty

Re: Really, what is/was the best Paper Mario game?

Post by sm4rty » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:38 am

Paper Mario 64 !
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:33 pm

paper mario 64. thousand year door is a damn good game too
Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 pm

I only played The thousandyear door, but I can say I love that game.
opiun

Post by opiun » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:31 am

If you ever see a copy of Super Paper Mario, kill it with fire. I know a lot of people think it's alright, some think it's poor--personally, I think it's an insult to the rest of the games in the franchise. One of its touted gameplay mechanics of switching to 3D has a refilling gauge timeout that seems to take forever to recharge when you're a paranoid motherfucker like me that doesn't want to miss any secrets.

Paper Mario 64 is the best all round game, TTYD got a little bogged down in paper-shape gimmicks and constantly had you healing your party members, as they each had their own health. Still a good game, but the 64 version is where it is AT! (My brother's playing it on his laptop due to a lack of controller for other games, and he doesn't even like RPGs. But he's cool with this one).