Wii64 discussion?

All Wii64 related discussions here
nakata

Re: Wii64 discussion?

Post by nakata » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:07 pm

Have faith and patience. Conker sure would be nice, but maybe it is too tall an order for Wii. Personally, i love, LOVE Not64 - for the games it works good - against playing the same games in any other N64 emu, due to controls and display (Wii on a CRT), so any new working game (besides those already working) is a plus.

So, on a related note... Should we expect Turok 2,3 and The World is not Enough to be playable with either of the new cores? Lastly, do the corona lights in Perfect Dark show with either of the new cores?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:38 pm

nakata, sadly all those new things you mentioned haven't been fixed yet but are high on my list (apart from PD Corona lights as much as I'd want that ;))
chuck

Post by chuck » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:36 am

emu_kidid wrote:nakata, sadly all those new things you mentioned haven't been fixed yet but are high on my list (apart from PD Corona lights as much as I'd want that ;))
Really? hum! Bad news. If possible to play all games by RARE I will be here waiting for a long time. But I waana see this next release on Christmas. I'm counting with you Emu Kid...
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:33 am

Friendly reminder:

Keep it clean here. No begging for releases/dates and/or any other silly shit that you may feel entitled to. This is a HOMEBREW project. Which means the author codes in his spare time, mostly for free, and shares it with all of the rest of us out of the kindness of his heart.

We've kept this thread clean for 5 whole pages, which is longer than I thought it would last. Lets not head down the same old path.

Thanks,
The Staff.
nakata

Post by nakata » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:56 pm

emu_kidid wrote:nakata, sadly all those new things you mentioned haven't been fixed yet but are high on my list (apart from PD Corona lights as much as I'd want that ;))
Cool, hopefully it comes through :)
At the very least, we already have had GoldenEye, Turok and Perfect Dark (sans corona lights ;P, but no big deal) up and running (and with awesome IR controls), so having those running faster with the next revisions would be a big improvement in itself.
chuck wrote:
Really? hum! Bad news. If possible to play all games by RARE I will be here waiting for a long time.
Blast Corps, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong Racing (water levels excluded), Mickey's Speedway USA & Jet Force Gemini are already playable on Not64. They dip in framerate sometimes, but they are completable.

DK & Killer Instinct are halfway there. Conker is not supported atm.
manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:00 pm

For what it is worth Toy Story 2 works. Once booted to black/white screen,
repeatedly press A to skip the Company logos, 30sec later you hear the music Press START
Star Wars Racer is squeezed to half screen and DK64 has that Camera glitch
because of no 8MB Expak perhaps a file will be added to Wii NAND in next version.

Also maybe they will Merge Changes from Mupen 64 Plus 2.0 "4th July"...
who knows, time will tell, but for now we must wait for the exciting new release
nakata

Post by nakata » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Wow Toy Story 2 indeed boots, it is laggy though. Nice, this one had eluded me. Thanks manic.blood!

BTW try setting the rez to hi on Star Wars Racer.
manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Yes I was really excited when I could hear the music despite the black screen.
This is because unlike SM64, this was the first game that made me sit up and take notice of the new
3D genre. Damn I'm getting old... ;)
Anyway, you cannot load your progress after completing a level. Alternatively you can.......
once you get to the Level Select Screen, enter a cheat code go to ANY LEVEL XD
===I will try changing the res options on SW Racer has anyone had any success??? :/
nakata

Post by nakata » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:50 am

manic.blood wrote:===I will try changing the res options on SW Racer has anyone had any success??? :/
Yes, of course, i have had success, that's why i mentioned it. This trick also works in Turok Rage Wars. When in Hi-rez mode, it is full screen on Not64, otherwise it is half screen.

Btw to avoid glitches in SW racer, keep your podracer as far from the other racers as possible and use the third person camera when they are close by

Also, the 30 second delay for Toy Story can be sidestepped (after the first time) by making a savestate when the game begins to play. And yes it is indeed a damn fine 3d platformer... N64 version also looks much cleaner and sharper than the PSX one i play on WiiSX, only it is missing fmv's and the soundtrack is not as good. BTW if you like this game and have the time and means, check out Mushroom Men on Wii, it scratches that ''32/64 bit era 3d platforming'' itch, if you get my drift. :)
manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:03 pm

Haha well done on discovering how to run SW Racer!! ;) Could you be more specific as to how to navigate to the "Hi res" option
May be because I'm using a very old version of Not64 which lacks it, must upgrade XD
Perhaps you mean "Aspect 4.3/16:9 etc"

Will defo try that ""Mushroom man" game looks good, cheeers for the heads up
Sorry for late reply been playing that "Wiimms Mario Kart Fun" 2013 with 128 tracks, check that one out son
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:50 am

Not sure if it's been asked before but, will this emulator support GameShark codes in the future? It's not a request I was just wondering, I know there are some trolls on here who are very pushy and demanding.

Also, I have question related to the save states: Could someone tell me where the N64 memory range starts? I am interested in hacking the save states, I have been able to hack one save before by using hex patterns. I already know that the state files are zipped up too.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:00 am

I can't say we'll be implementing them. The closest we've done is I've implemented something to inject PJ64 game specific hacks into the core to fix things like the Zelda subscreen delay and other things.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:30 am

emu_kidid wrote:I can't say we'll be implementing them. The closest we've done is I've implemented something to inject PJ64 game specific hacks into the core to fix things like the Zelda subscreen delay and other things.
Ah okay I see.

Well, could you still tell me where the N64's RAM starts at in the save states?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:53 am

0x80000000.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:08 am

emu_kidid wrote:0x80000000.
Checked that address in the decompressed save state and it's blank (no hex values), I meant like when the save state is decompressed where does the N64 RAM start at? I'm not sure.

My decompressed save state is named "SUPER MARIO 64(U)" and it's size is 10.01 MB, I can't not sure on how to go about finding it.

Hmm... Think I found the difference, add and go up by 190 to get the right address.

Example below:

N64 Address: 33B170
Add 190
And that comes out to Wii64/Mupen64 decompressed save-state address 33B300.

And both address contain the same value, only difference is one byte-swapped while the other is not. Not sure if this will work on all games or just SM64.

Just loaded my SM64 save state and now I have invisible metal Mario outside of the castle, I know the codes won't stay frozen but at least it works.
nakata

Post by nakata » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:32 pm

manic.blood wrote:Haha well done on discovering how to run SW Racer!! ;) Could you be more specific as to how to navigate to the "Hi res" option
May be because I'm using a very old version of Not64 which lacks it, must upgrade XD
Perhaps you mean "Aspect 4.3/16:9 etc"
No man, i am not referring to an option within Not64 , but to IN game options for each title. For example in SW Ep.1: Racer it is in the options menu which is located in the screen shown after selecting a race.

This will cause the game to run on N64's hi-rez (480i) mode intead of 240i, and will appear full screen on Not64. If played at normal rez, only half screen will be filled, since Not64 runs at 480i/480p by default ;)
manic.blood wrote:Will defo try that ""Mushroom man" game looks good, cheeers for the heads up
Sorry for late reply been playing that "Wiimms Mario Kart Fun" 2013 with 128 tracks, check that one out son
Yeah i have seen that Mario Kart mod and along with Newer SMBWii and SMG 2.5 it breathes new life to Wii classics.
However, i don't wanna bother with Riivolution.
I wasn't able to find a patched iso for WMK013 so far, unlike Newer SMBW... Any help (via pm) would be more than welcome ;)

BTW guys, i see talk about saves above... For anyone interested, there is a tool called wii64saveSwap which allows for save conversion of PJ64 saves to Wii64/Not64 ones. It works for .sra and .fla save files from many games. Try it out: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii64SaveSwap
manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:40 pm

nakata wrote:No man, i am not referring to an option within Not64 , but to IN game options for each title. For example in SW Ep.1: Racer it is in the options menu which is located in the screen shown after selecting a race.
Thank you for the quick response, I always thought it was an Expansion Pak issue.
Great this is my Dad's fav racer on N64 kudos.

I cannot actually provide Download info to Mario Kart 2013, but I can give you info in PM.
For anyone else google is your friend ;)
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:50 pm

"For anyone interested, there is a tool called wii64saveSwap which allows for save conversion of PJ64 saves to Wii64/Not64 ones. It works for .sra and .fla save files from many games."

It's just a byte-swapping tool, this can also be done on a hex editor.

Select operations>Byte Swap.
Operand type - Double words.

One thing I hate is most N64 emulators use the little endian format and Wii64/Not64 uses big endian which is better IMO.

BTW the reason I said hex editor Neo is because hex workshop freezes when trying to swap files over 1-2 MB in size. Hex editor Neo is also much faster than hex workshop.
Last edited by 47iscool on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
nakata

Post by nakata » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:50 pm

47iscool wrote:"For anyone interested, there is a tool called wii64saveSwap which allows for save conversion of PJ64 saves to Wii64/Not64 ones. It works for .sra and .fla save files from many games."

It's just a byte-swapping tool, this can also be done on hex editor Neo.

One thing I hate is most N64 emulators use the little endian format and Wii64/Not64 uses big endian which is better IMO.

BTW the reason I said hex editor Neo is because hex workshop freezes when trying to swap files over 1-2 MB in size. Hex editor Neo is also much faster than hex workshop.
Νice! Does that method that you mention, also support .eep or.mpk files too?

manic.blood wrote:
nakata wrote:No man, i am not referring to an option within Not64 , but to IN game options for each title. For example in SW Ep.1: Racer it is in the options menu which is located in the screen shown after selecting a race.
Thank you for the quick response, I always thought it was an Expansion Pak issue.
Great this is my Dad's fav racer on N64 kudos.

I cannot actually provide Download info to Mario Kart 2013, but I can give you info in PM.
For anyone else google is your friend ;)
Thanks man! I just tested it out, great variety of stages (even has tracks from SF Rush hehe), though lack of championship mode hurts a bit.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:58 pm

You don't need to swap .eep or .sra as they are written byte at a time vs .fla being written in 32bit words.

Oh, the start of the wii64 save state? it's stored after a few structs, you'll need to work out the size of these first:
http://code.google.com/p/mupen64gc/sour ... s_gc.c#116
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:44 am

nakata wrote:
47iscool wrote:"For anyone interested, there is a tool called wii64saveSwap which allows for save conversion of PJ64 saves to Wii64/Not64 ones. It works for .sra and .fla save files from many games."

It's just a byte-swapping tool, this can also be done on hex editor Neo.

Νice! Does that method that you mention, also support .eep or.mpk files too?
Just as emu_kidid mentioned in the above post about the eep files, also as far as I know the mpk files are just the same on all N64 emulators

emu_kidid wrote:Oh, the start of the wii64 save state? it's stored after a few structs, you'll need to work out the size of these first:
http://code.google.com/p/mupen64gc/sour ... s_gc.c#116
I found it, the decompressed N64 RAM address in the file starts at 0x190.
nakata

Post by nakata » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:40 pm

i had forgotten about .mpk files lol, i even use ome of them myself from pj64 to not64.
From what you guys mentioned in the tech talk, you have not figured out a way to convert .eep files, right?
KrisRevi

Post by KrisRevi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:44 pm

have 3 questions here:

1. Has there been any updates lately?
2. What is the current "build"?
3. Where do these updates get posted? :)
KrisRevi

Post by KrisRevi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:19 pm

another thing i dont understand is why the emulator can run "Banjoo Kazooie" 100% smooth but not "Bannjo Tooie" :S its exactly the same game, same map and everything :S but there is so much error like laggy sound, missing texture and lagg in general :S
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:43 am

KrisRevi wrote:have 3 questions here:

1. Has there been any updates lately?
2. What is the current "build"?
3. Where do these updates get posted? :)
Best thing to do if you haven't heard already is get the Not64 version as it's a bit faster and builds a NAND page file if the games are bigger than 16 MB, that way it loads a bit faster than having to read the SD or USB every time it loads up more data. Speaking of a page file, I think it would be cool if they decided to do another MAME port to Wii and add maybe about 150 MB's or more page file as more games would be playable.