Any Updates sometime ?

All Wii64 related discussions here
TerryHomes

Any Updates sometime ?

Post by TerryHomes » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:37 am

Will there ever be again an update for Wiisx and Wii64 ?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Any Updates sometime ?

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:04 am

Soon. Thanks for the reminder as this constantly becomes a back burner thing for us. (not being sarcastic)
BoFoSho

Post by BoFoSho » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:26 am

Yeah, hurry up!
<3
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:11 am

Not "hurry up". Take your time to carefully bake the update. Nothing's urgent. Ever. If you hurry you may release sloppy work.
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:14 am

emu_kidid wrote:Soon.
*gasp*
the game
chuck

Post by chuck » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:17 pm

emu_kidid wrote:Soon. Thanks for the reminder as this constantly becomes a back burner thing for us. (not being sarcastic)
Many years ago I had a Nintendo 64. So I had to sell it. Unfortunately it was the biggest regret of my life because I grew up playing those wonderful games. Every day I come here on the site to see if there is a new update. but I see many people complaining about the delay. I do not know what to say. To come tomorrow or in a month? Only you can tell us. I just wanted to thank you for what you have brought us. Actually I wanted to know how I can contribute to the next update. I do not know how to donate. Thanks for all! :P 8-) ;)
scott0bloke

Post by scott0bloke » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:26 pm

leave him be the gc forever 4th anniversary is coming up let him just do what he does he has said soon and soon it will be so i guess trust him
V E G E M I T E
NewFang

Post by NewFang » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:44 pm

emu_kidid wrote:Soon. Thanks for the reminder as this constantly becomes a back burner thing for us. (not being sarcastic)
Looking forward to it emu_kidid. You are the only one continuing development of Wii64 and it is greatly appreciated. Goldeneye 64 FTW! :D
XICO2KX

Post by XICO2KX » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:21 am

An updated Wii64 would be awesome! 8-)
Will it feature some paired singles instructions speed optimizations? ;)
And any updates to Not64 from Extrems soon too? :P
The "official" thread got closed down... :(
novenary

Post by novenary » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:25 am

The "official"thread got closed down because of people whining for an update. -_-'
XICO2KX

Post by XICO2KX » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:44 pm

Streetwalker wrote:The "official"thread got closed down because of people whining for an update. -_-'
The irony! lol :lol:
But they were asking for an update for Wii64, not for Not64, so it was unfairly closed, imo... :roll:
NewFang

Post by NewFang » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:20 am

Any plans to open up emulatemii.com again? Or is it pointless since everyone probably comes here now anyway?
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:35 am

XICO2KX wrote:
Streetwalker wrote:The "official"thread got closed down because of people whining for an update. -_-'
The irony! lol :lol:
But they were asking for an update for Wii64, not for Not64, so it was unfairly closed, imo... :roll:
No irony and it was perfectly fair. Harassing a dev for updates is bad. A reminder from time to time is OK and can be good though, in the case you don't see any status update. ;)
eeltrebor

Post by eeltrebor » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Glad and shocked to see that emukid is an aussie . You've done some great work and I expected you were from America or something. Eagerly waiting for an update to the 64 emulator on wii but I'm in no hurry. Just glad to see you haven't forgotten about it. Again im happy your Australian :-)
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Thanks for making a badass emulator that has always been there for when the Old N64 was boxed away. I have a request though for a game, one of my absolute favorite games of the N64 would have to be Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine but this was also one of the most constricting games made for the N64. The reason why I'm specially requesting this is because of what it would take to get it working (For Context - The Project 64 on a really good computer can't run it) So if you could fit my request in with your busy life and dev schedule that would be over the top!
Thanks for taking the time to read this post ans good luck!

-Chr0n0Tr!gg3r
"I am invincible!"

ShadowOne333

Post by ShadowOne333 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Chr0n0Tr!gg3r wrote:Thanks for making a badass emulator that has always been there for when the Old N64 was boxed away. I have a request though for a game, one of my absolute favorite games of the N64 would have to be Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine but this was also one of the most constricting games made for the N64. The reason why I'm specially requesting this is because of what it would take to get it working (For Context - The Project 64 on a really good computer can't run it) So if you could fit my request in with your busy life and dev schedule that would be over the top!
Thanks for taking the time to read this post ans good luck!

-Chr0n0Tr!gg3r
The same for RE 2 on N64.
Only mupen64 does a decent job at emulating it, and that is with some flaws still. :/
My hope is that Wii64 might someday be able to run RE2

EDIT: Oh and don't forget Turok 2 and Star Wars Rogue Squadron :P
ShadowOne333

Post by ShadowOne333 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:17 am

Isaiah 40:31

"But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:17 am

eeltrebor wrote:Glad and shocked to see that emukid is an aussie . You've done some great work and I expected you were from America or something. Eagerly waiting for an update to the 64 emulator on wii but I'm in no hurry. Just glad to see you haven't forgotten about it. Again im happy your Australian :-)
Datel, the only people ever to get an unofficial disc to boot on the GameCube are from the U.K. Datel deserves credit for the stuff they did even though now sadly, they like to rip off the homebrew community. Also we in the USA wouldn't have a lot of the advanced technology that we do if not for the Germans, but I'm not going to go too deep into that subject.

I'm American but I'll admit, a lot of great stuff comes from Europe. Music especially, about all you'll hear on TV over here in America is that degenerate rap crap instead of actual music like they have in Europe.
novenary

Post by novenary » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:25 am

LOL don't think we still make real music in Europe. It sucks nowadays. :P
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:55 am

47iscool wrote:Datel, the only people ever to get an unofficial disc to boot on the GameCube are from the U.K.
*cough*
MockyLock

Post by MockyLock » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Streetwalker wrote:LOL don't think we still make real music in Europe. It sucks nowadays. :P
There are some good ones indeed.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:55 pm

tueidj wrote:
47iscool wrote:Datel, the only people ever to get an unofficial disc to boot on the GameCube are from the U.K.
*cough*
You know that I mean manufactured right? Not a DVD-R as I know about that, I've used swiss to run them before. I prefer not to use DVD-R though as I've noticed my GC has been having more problems reading certain retail discs and they're not even damaged that badly.
Streetwalker wrote:LOL don't think we still make real music in Europe. It sucks nowadays. :P
Trust me it sucks way more over here in the USA. We don't have awesome bands over here like Nightwish or Dragonforce. Where I live the main stuff you hear is rap or country, which I hate both of them.
ShadowOne333

Post by ShadowOne333 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:54 pm

Is there a tentative or approximate percentage of how the new beta is coming?
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:05 am

47iscool wrote:You know that I mean manufactured right? Not a DVD-R as I know about that, I've used swiss to run them before. I prefer not to use DVD-R though as I've noticed my GC has been having more problems reading certain retail discs and they're not even damaged that badly.
You said "get an unofficial disc to boot" and that's exactly what tmbinc achieved; a self-made disc that was recognized as an official disc by an unmodified console.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:31 am

tueidj wrote:
47iscool wrote:You know that I mean manufactured right? Not a DVD-R as I know about that, I've used swiss to run them before. I prefer not to use DVD-R though as I've noticed my GC has been having more problems reading certain retail discs and they're not even damaged that badly.
You said "get an unofficial disc to boot" and that's exactly what tmbinc achieved; a self-made disc that was recognized as an official disc by an unmodified console.
I didn't know that, does this mean Datel stole his idea?