All Wii64 related discussions here
Extrems

Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

Post by Extrems » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:15 pm

New options from Wii64:
  • SkipMenu
    Skips menu when loading a ROM file.
  • ScalePitch
    Changes audio pitch according to emulation speed.
  • VideoFormat
    0: NTSC - 1: PAL - 2: PAL-M
  • VideoMode
    0: Auto - 1: 480i60 - 2: 480sf30 - 3: 240p60 - 4: 480p60 - 5: 576i50 - 6: 576sf25 - 7: 288p50 - 8: 576p50
  • VideoWidth
    0: 640 - 1: 704 - 2: 720 - 3: 1280 - 4: 1408 - 5: 1440
  • PixelClock
    0: Auto - 1: 13.5 MHz - 2: 27 MHz
  • TrapFilter
    Affects composite video, similar to the GameCube's output.
    Recommended for lower-end CRT TVs.
  • CountPerOp
    Sets clock cycles per instruction.
  • PollRate
  • smbusername, smbpassword, smbsharename, smbipaddr
  • rompath
    Automatically load a ROM file on startup.
Recommended settings:
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day
    Video > FB Textures: Yes
    Audio > Speed Limit: DL (prevents hanging)
Download:
https://files.extremscorner.org/wii/apps/mupen64/latest

Source:
https://github.com/Extrems/Not64

See also: ImageImage
Last edited by Extrems on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ShadowOne333

Re: Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

Post by ShadowOne333 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Thank you so much for this great update! :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:11 pm

damnit, he's climbing that ladder too fast!
Aressi

Post by Aressi » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:41 am

gamecube version runs pretty good, thank you very much!
Hakaisha

Post by Hakaisha » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Too awesome, Extrems! Thank you!!

I'm loving your work on Not64. I'll be loading this one up tonight for sure.

Do you plan to do anything with WiiSX in the future?
manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:32 pm

Wow! This is incredible I thought this had been long forgotten
Extrems I can't thank you enough for spending time porting over rest of Mupen64.
I have enjoyed reliving this old classics with the family
like Mario Party, Pacman, Banjo, Gex and Disney.

Can't wait to try it on 007 Twine, Tarzan and Hydro Thunder
see if the AudioHLE plugin works :))

==EDIT===========================================
Wooooo all the Turok 2 and 3 work really well :D
All these games Upscale great too
kathy

Post by kathy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:34 am

Is there a list of game that got significantly buffed with this update? I still get a lot of white textures in Kazooie.
manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:23 pm

A compatibility list similar to the wiki on the Nintendont GC project would be a great idea... Not64 Compatibility list perhaps Nakuku could lead this ;) Personally im always stuck at work these days....
jales

Post by jales » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:42 pm

Thank you so much! What are the improvements of the wii version? Someone tested this games? Banjo Kaooie, tooie, Donkey kong 64, Blast corps, Goldeneye, Killer instinct gold and mario party? this are my favorite games. Awesome!
Turok 2 and 3 now works. What about perfect dark? Mortal kombat 4 still no energy bar.
jales

Post by jales » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:46 pm

The emulator is improving gradually.
Thansk a lot.
nakata

Post by nakata » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:58 am

Hi all. I'll repost some feedback for latest Not64 for any user asking what works:

Playable games:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/not64-update ... st-5301365
Settings used:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/not64-update ... st-5305610
Some Not64 saves and savegames:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/not64-update ... st-5238331
Link_of_Hyrule

Post by Link_of_Hyrule » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:50 am

I really love this emulator works great for a lot of games but I wish it worked better for DK64 so I could do multiplayer on it hopefully that can get fixed soon. Also really want Monstertruck Madness, kirby 64, and PKMN Stadium 2 to get the bugs worked out. Anyways keep up the great work. Hopefully in the future we can be able to change out the video plugin to use glide or some of the others that worked better with these games.

Quick question what is the difference between the dol outside of the apps folder and the one inside of the apps folder?
sabandellos

Post by sabandellos » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:34 am

:lol: Thanks a lot EXTREMS!!! :lol:
jales

Post by jales » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:58 am

Conkers bad fur day now works? I'm gonna test when I get home. Thanks again EXTREMS!
Hunter26

Post by Hunter26 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Thank you for your hard work.
panmusic

Post by panmusic » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Thanks Extrems! Playable Conker is a dream come true for me. But please, can anyone tell me how to save in Conker? I played for almost 1 hour without saving my progress...
carnage

Post by carnage » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:28 pm

thanks extrems i been testing the latest rev and adding everything i could find to the compat list here hope it helps even if a tiny bit http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List

i will probably go trough every game eventualy im thinking on doing 2 letters a day or something lol, just a question i know there is a wiisx mod with libwupc added so ppl can use the wiiupro controller is this something you could add in the future im using the wiiu and i dont really like the classic controller its abit to tiny for me lol.

another questions when we put show fps ON i noticed theres too things
VI and DL what are they exactly? i noticed some games where VI says its (1x speed) but they lag because their DL are very low or on some cases in other games like quake where DL goes crazy high and exceeds 200 and glitches the entire screen with textures everywhere is this a setting to do with graphics management?
RetroFan

Post by RetroFan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:55 pm

First of all thank you for the great work. it's awesome to play games like Conker / nearly all Rare games on a Wii.

Unfortunately I've got a problem with Banjo Tooie.

First I have to say, that it's definitly playable in my opinion. It has some slowdowns, some soundbugs and even some freezings, which is annoying, but because of it's auto-save function it's playable.
I did nearly anything in world 1 and 2 but in world 3 (Witchyland) I've got a problem. Everytime I enter the area "The Inferno" I got a "Exception (DSI) occured" error and the game / Not64 quit to the HBC.
But that's not all, it's getting even stranger.
Before I went to the area for the first time, I collected 2 jiggies in minigames and 1 or 2 other things. The error occured and the last auto-save was before I got that stuff. I wanted to test if the error occurs regulary, so I decided to get the stuff and then save and quit (go to the title screen) before I re-enter the area. I did so, entered the area, the error occured, I wanted to load my savegame again to see, if I can find a ingame conclusion for the problem, and what happened? My savegame got reseted to the point BEFORE I entered the area for the first - so the stuff got deleted again. I thought I made a mistake and didn't save so I decided to save and quit 2 times before I enter the area again. The first time I saved and quitted after I got the jiggies and the 2nd time after I opened the door to the area and collected the other stuff. So I loaded my savegame, entered the area, the error occurs - and it resets to the old savegame again. I tested it now for 5 times, it's everytime the same even when I change the order of collecting the things, saving, etc.

The problem happens everytime in the same area, sometimes 2 seconds after entering, sometimes 5 seconds.

Now I'm wondering, if that's a bug of the ROM which just happens for me or if it's a compatibility problem with Not64 that happens for everyone. I'm even wondering, how it can be possible that the error resets my savegame everytime again to a point before the error occured for the first time, when I save ingame and go back to the title screen. That moment should got overwritten even 2 times, how can the game jump back to it?

Now I'm asking if someone maybe has a conclusion for the problem or if someone has at least a idea if it's a ROM problem or a Not64 problem.
At least it would be nice if someone could test if the error occurs for him, too, or if it just is a problem for me.

The game region is US but I'm playing on a PAL Wii (could that be a problem?).

Thank you for your answers. :)

Sorry for mistakes in grammar, etc. I'm not a native English speaker. ^^

By the way, Star wars Ep. 1 Racer (PAL) is absolutley playable (I finished it) since the first version of Not64, you just have to change your view (when playing with a GC Controller 3 times C-Stick UP). In that view it has some graphical glitches but nothing which harms the gameplay at all. Someone could add this to the compatibility list.

I've even got another compatility question, could it be possible that we will be able in the future to play the Star Wars games with Not64/Wii64?
JCT400THz

Post by JCT400THz » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:44 pm

Does SM64 multiplayer 1.2 not work on Not64 1.2 usually? cuz i patched the rom and stuff and it didnt work. neither did SM Star Road. that sucks. is it my fault or do i need extra settings? CBFD won't work either for me... do i have to wait a really long time or something? i used DL speed limit and FB Textures but it didn't load... and i waited like five minutes then it went like 23.0x faster or something according to "Show FPS"...

Hey, the blue guy's name is Dolphin Dash. hue
JCT400THz

Post by JCT400THz » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:35 pm

i used SM Star Road Final Edition (SM64) and SM64 Multiplayer 1.2 (SM64) and i used Conker's Bad Fur Day (USA).z64 and DL Speed and FB textures for CBFD.. i don't get it. i think i need help. although on the bright side: SM64 can run 4.0x faster than it should if i use No Limit.

carnage

Post by carnage » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:08 pm

JCT400THz wrote:i used SM Star Road Final Edition (SM64) and SM64 Multiplayer 1.2 (SM64) and i used Conker's Bad Fur Day (USA).z64 and DL Speed and FB textures for CBFD.. i don't get it. i think i need help. although on the bright side: SM64 can run 4.0x faster than it should if i use No Limit.
i use sm64 multiplayer 1.3 with no issues,just some very minor slowdows here and there and star road works too, you need fb textures off atleast mine are off and audio is set to VI.
JCT400THz

Post by JCT400THz » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 pm

i must have patched wrong, cuz when i tried again SMSR worked just fine. and yea SM64MP 1.3 worked for me too. but i still want to play CBFD at an enjoyable speed without using P.I. (Pure Interpeter) cuz it sucks using PI. any help? SM64 The Missing Stars (hack) that i patched once works, but won't save. it "Failed to save".... GE X is working normally, as I've pointed out before.

vicmarto

Post by vicmarto » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:21 pm

Hello.

I got a problem compiling Not64 20150205 (make -f Makefile.menu2_wii). This is the error I get:

Code: Select all

main/main_gc-menu2.cpp: In function 'void Initialise()':
main/main_gc-menu2.cpp:666:29: error: 'CAST_SetGQR2' was not declared in this scope
main/main_gc-menu2.cpp:667:31: error: 'CAST_SetGQR3' was not declared in this scope
main/main_gc-menu2.cpp: At global scope:
main/main_gc-menu2.cpp:194:13: warning: 'void dummy_func()' defined but not used
 [-Wunused-function]
make: *** [main/main_gc-menu2.o] Error 1
I've tried with different devkitPPC versions, from r23 to r27, and with different libogc versions too, from 1.8.6 to 1.8.12.

Any ideas?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:20 pm

Can I ask why you're trying to compile your own? You'll need a custom version of libOGC and DevkitPPC to do it - even if you get it to compile as-is it will fail due to R2/R13 usage.
JCT400THz

Post by JCT400THz » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:08 am

I like the newest build the way it is- it definitely has some noticeable changes. But still, how the hell exactly do I CBFD to play semi-correctly without using the Interpreter? DL mode works with some games, it is said to work with CBFD but it isn't working!... I'm frustrated but still happy that so many games work better. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to get Conker's Bad Fur Day to function on Not64? Perfect Dark works fine enough for me. :|