Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

All Wii64 related discussions here
Extrems

Re: Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

Post by Extrems » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:36 am

NewFang wrote:Sorry. What is the latest version of Not64 and where to dl? Been away for some time. Hoping to play some full speed Goldeneye.... :)
The download link on the first page literally says latest.
NewFang

Post by NewFang » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:46 am

Extrems wrote:
NewFang wrote:Sorry. What is the latest version of Not64 and where to dl? Been away for some time. Hoping to play some full speed Goldeneye.... :)
The download link on the first page literally says latest.
Well... thanks for that!
PLZinsertgame

Post by PLZinsertgame » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Extrems wrote:As a side note, you can press the reset button to exit out a game at any time.
Hi Extrems, about that
the Wii U has no reset button. Which means in the event of a non-DSI Exception crash or when the HOME button to go back to the menu wont respond, the whole console must be rebooted to get back into Not64. So I was wondering, can you make it so that another button on the Wii U can do what the reset button on the regular Wii does, such as either the Eject or Sync button? it would be quite helpful, thanks.
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:02 pm

I'm pretty sure he implemented that a while ago.
AlxinhoIX

Post by AlxinhoIX » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:02 pm

I also got the "Exception DSI Occurred" error everytime I try to enter the area "The Inferno" in Banjo-Tooie. My game's region is PAL and I'm playing on an NTSC Wii, my SD card is of 8GB and I tried a USB and got the same error, any help?
PLZinsertgame

Post by PLZinsertgame » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:02 am

AlxinhoIX wrote:I also got the "Exception DSI Occurred" error everytime I try to enter the area "The Inferno" in Banjo-Tooie. My game's region is PAL and I'm playing on an NTSC Wii, my SD card is of 8GB and I tried a USB and got the same error, any help?
It's because of the fat bear being in there, the emulator doesn't like him.
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:29 am

"I am invincible!"

Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:18 pm

I ask... Something could be done to add Cruis'n Exotica compatibility? As example a way to set manually another video plugin?
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:54 am

Butterhands wrote:I ask... Something could be done to add Cruis'n Exotica compatibility? As example a way to set manually another video plugin?
its dead jim
"I am invincible!"

Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:36 am

When you say a project is dead, what you're really saying is you wish it were dead.
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Extrems wrote:When you say a project is dead, what you're really saying is you wish it were dead.
Every response I could think of to what you said sounded edgy so I'll leave it at that.
"I am invincible!"

novenary

Post by novenary » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:40 pm

If you have nothing interesting to say, how about you refrain from posting bullshit? The source code is available, if you want to see progress then make it happen.
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:22 pm

LOL... I hope isn't true, this emulator on the WII is very fine, not at the beginning but was very improved since the first release, the problem is only that now have to be more compatible with more N64 games and again I don't know how set manually the savegame type to use with a Cruis'n World hacked rom with a different checksum to keep the savegame without erase it, the problem is that if don't recognize the checksum don't set a correct savegame size and then when have to reload in a new rom boot erase it (this happen also with the Project 64, but that emulator allow to set manually the savetype and obviously save the savetype configuration into an INI file), and is important, this game need to reload the savegame, the savestate is useful, but not is enough for Cruis'n World. Is the only rom that I know have this bug/antipiracy function.
buttbaby

Post by buttbaby » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:09 pm

Is there anyway to use this on the Dolphin emulator? Thanks for any help.
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:47 pm

buttbaby wrote:Is there anyway to use this on the Dolphin emulator? Thanks for any help.
Sorry if I intrude on your question, but why are you trying to use with Dolphin? Dolphin isn't a PC emulator? Then not isn't better use directly Project 64 on the PC?
buttbaby

Post by buttbaby » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 am

Butterhands wrote:
buttbaby wrote:Is there anyway to use this on the Dolphin emulator? Thanks for any help.
Sorry if I intrude on your question, but why are you trying to use with Dolphin? Dolphin isn't a PC emulator? Then not isn't better use directly Project 64 on the PC?
No problem at all. I should have clarified. The Dolphin emulator has a really solid 3+ player Netplay feature that has very little lag. Some of my friends and I like to use it to play MP games together.
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:50 am

Oh, I see. :)
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:09 am

Streetwalker wrote:If you have nothing interesting to say, how about you refrain from posting bullshit? The source code is available, if you want to see progress then make it happen.
Angry there, champ?
"I am invincible!"

Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:18 am

Maybe can you tell me how patch it to set the right savetype for Cruis'n World? :D
DizzyBoyDizzy

Post by DizzyBoyDizzy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:58 am

Extrems wrote:When you say a project is dead, what you're really saying is you wish it were dead.
I just registered here to say. I have been rooting for this project (and the original Wii64) for a LONG time, lol.

I always considered a stable 64 emulator to be the missing link for wii hacking, the key that would give us the ultimate box for playing flawlessly all the games we grew up with over the years in a single Nintendo unit.

If not for having perpetually put off my commitment to finally learn to code, I would've not hesitated to make this one of my first projects. Goes without saying: I was consistent in that (non) endeavor.

That being said, it makes me really happy, in both a nostalgic and a long yearned for gift/utility receiving type of way, to see you making recent commits and improvements to this.

Go get em tiger.
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Fri May 25, 2018 12:30 am

Hello @Extrems, I don't know if your project is dead, I know only that someone release Wii64 1.2 that add a partial support to Cruis'n Exotica, partial 'cause used Rice like a video plugin instead of gl64:

https://www.gamesandconsoles.org/2017/1 ... -20171121/

But however Rice isn't the best plugin to play that game.

They released 2 different apps to use the WII64 with the old plugin and another one to use with Rice.

However is lower by your Not64, 'cause is always slower and don't allow to map the analog stick with the D-pad, instead you did this.

But then, if they switched to another video plugin then you could do the same with Not64?

The best video plugin to play Cruis'n games is Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6 and works with Mupen on the PC, then could works also with Not64 right? Please can you release another Not64 app with the Jabo 3D8 1.6 plugin?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri May 25, 2018 11:46 am

Butterhands wrote:
Hello @Extrems, I don't know if your project is dead, I know only that someone release Wii64 1.2 that add a partial support to Cruis'n Exotica, partial 'cause used Rice like a video plugin instead of gl64:

https://www.gamesandconsoles.org/2017/1 ... -20171121/

But however Rice isn't the best plugin to play that game.

They released 2 different apps to use the WII64 with the old plugin and another one to use with Rice.

However is lower by your Not64, 'cause is always slower and don't allow to map the analog stick with the D-pad, instead you did this.

But then, if they switched to another video plugin then you could do the same with Not64?

The best video plugin to play Cruis'n games is Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6 and works with Mupen on the PC, then could works also with Not64 right? Please can you release another Not64 app with the Jabo 3D8 1.6 plugin?
Like I mentioned in the PM, it'd be ideal to port a OpenGL based plugin instead of a DirectX plugin due to the way the GameCube GX stuff is written.

Don't use unofficial Wii64 builds, they're not compiled properly and that's why you'd get the slowdown - there will be a more official Wii64 coming at some point soon on the wii64 github page.
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:42 am

Well that's definitely good to hear, though I've moved past this project it's still nice to see it given some life every now and then.
"I am invincible!"

Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:41 am

Currently it's however the best Cruis'n World WII emulator... Can't allow to update the checksum with my work in progress rom, but however is the best, for now.
Zathu

Post by Zathu » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:01 am

Hey dumb question, I'm looking for the added options in the OP like video mode. The only video settings I see are Show FPS, Screen Mode, CPU Framebuffer, 2xSal Textures, and FB Textures. Where are the "added" Not64 options found?