Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

All Wii64 related discussions here
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Not64 Second Edition - an Hybrid Heaven emulator

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:56 am

Sheepdisease wrote:Hello there,

I have been playing Banjo Tooie using this wonderful emulator but unfortunately I can't keep playing because to my dismay a particular part of the game causes the emulation to crash.

When in Witchyworld, once the jaws have opened to enter the Inferno, the moment Banjo steps through the entrance it crashes. This happens every time.

Exception (BSI) occurred!

Can someone please help me? How can I get passed this section of the game?

Cheers.

Provide your save file (not save state) with instructions on how to get to the crash point. You can try switching the core to Interpreter instead of Dynarec but it'll be very slow - it may let you pass that point.
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:43 am

Please can you also tell me how is stored the checksum match for Cruis'n World? Don't save with my hacked rom 'cause don't set the correct savetype, do it only with the clean rom that have a different checksum, please can you tell me how change the checksum check in Not64?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:59 am

Butterhands wrote:Please can you also tell me how is stored the checksum match for Cruis'n World? Don't save with my hacked rom 'cause don't set the correct savetype, do it only with the clean rom that have a different checksum, please can you tell me how change the checksum check in Not64?
It's these:
{ 0x83F3931E, 0xCB72223D}, //Cruis'n World (E) [!]
{ 0xDFE61153, 0xD76118E6}, //Cruis'n World (U) [!]
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:15 am

emu_kidid wrote:
Butterhands wrote:Please can you also tell me how is stored the checksum match for Cruis'n World? Don't save with my hacked rom 'cause don't set the correct savetype, do it only with the clean rom that have a different checksum, please can you tell me how change the checksum check in Not64?
It's these:
{ 0x83F3931E, 0xCB72223D}, //Cruis'n World (E) [!]
{ 0xDFE61153, 0xD76118E6}, //Cruis'n World (U) [!]
Sorry, wrong question, WHERE is stored in Not64. XD If the DOL file is compressed how I can uncompress it or otherwise how I can open it to check and overwrite Cruis'n World checksum?

Here:
https://github.com/Extrems/Not64/blob/m ... upen64.ini
I found that the savetype is set in the mupen64.ini file, but is stored in the DOL I think, how I can extract the file and reinsert after the editing?
Sheepdisease

Post by Sheepdisease » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:44 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried Pure Interp and whilst it allowed me to get further into the particular area which is problematic, the end result was the same.

I have attached the save as requested. When you load it up, go through the portal and choose Pine Grove. Then go straight ahead into WItchy World. From there, go straight passed the ticket kiosk and go around the circus tent until you see an area which is red (through some black iron gates) which you can enter and look for the entrance to the Inferno which is a moving mouth. Once in, see how far you can get before the game crashes.

Cheers.
Attachments
BANJO TOOIE(E).zip
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 1037 times
Justadoo444

Banjo-Tooie on Not64 - Analysis

Post by Justadoo444 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:09 am

Hello. Sorry for the sudden intrusion and the prospect of being new here, but I have just played through Banjo-Tooie to near-completion (as-in, defeated Gruntilda with eight Jiggies to go) in this fantastic emulator. I have kept a mental note on several times the emulator bugged out, including the WitchyWorld crash, and I will now share my findings (with a copy of my EEPROM data, for easy access).

Because several points of Cauldron Keep are inaccessable at this point, I will share this: No glitches of any kind were encountered any of Cauldron Keep's cutscenes, or at any point after the Tower of Tragedy quiz. The HAG-1 fight and Gun Chamber sections were both completely playable. Also, zero difference whatsoever showed when changing the rom type from Byteswapped (.n64) to Big Endian (.z64), proving that Not64 is the fault for all of these.

Revision of Not64 - Dec. 9, 2016
System: Wii (v4.3U)
Video / Audio Settings:
Dynamic Recompiler
CPU Framebuffer: Off
2xSal Textures: Off
FB Textures: On
Audio Mute: Off
Audio Speed Limit: VI
Scale Pitch: Off

Since my full analysis of every glitch that I have encountered in-game is somewhat expansive, I shall post it in the below Pastebin link:

http://pastebin.com/8pVmPsgR

Side Notes:

1. Not64 is really good at emulating the slowdown caused real Nintendo 64 consoles - For reference later, the starting areas of WitchyWorld (Near the ticket booth and Mrs. Boggy, if you want to see it on your own save) and Glitter Gulch Mine (Near the large purple jewel mounds), the opening pan of the Tower of Tragedy set, any scenic view of much of Spiral Mountain (Go to Banjo's house and go around the mountain), Jinjo Village (Going up the hill to King Jingaling's palace), Mayahem Temple (Just walk around), Terrydactyland (Try looking at the mountain from the ground), Grunty Industries (Flying around the outside the factory, mainly), Hailfire Peaks (The opening straight walk to the first Warp Pad) and Cloud Cuckooland (Again, flying around the mountain) are all good places to get some slowdown. (In terms of maybe unreachable cutscenes, Gruntilda flying out of the T.O.T. set after the final round is another grand moment of framerate dipping.) A reachable cutscene moment is in the intro, when Mumbo is running back to Banjo's house, Gruntilda trailing behind.

2. Not so much related to the above, but are Gameshark cheats anywhere on the horizon? It would be interesting to see Bottles' Revenge and this fantastic multi-game lag-reducing code (tested in Project64 to great result) work in Not64.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this, and - if working on Not64 itself - possibly looking into my examinations. I bid you all a good day/night (depending on time zone and sleep schedule).
Attachments
BANJO TOOIE(U).eep.zip
Completed 2.0kb EEPROM File for the U.S. edition of Banjo-Tooie, compressed to...
(640 Bytes) Downloaded 987 times
Last edited by Justadoo444 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sheepdisease

Post by Sheepdisease » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:02 am

Very detailed explanation. I managed to get through two out of three rounds of kickball but the last round is impossible as characters seem to disappear much worse.

With Witchy World, it sounds like you have managed to get much further than I have each time I tried. It crashes almost instantly when I attempt to enter the Inferno.
Justadoo444

Post by Justadoo444 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Sheepdisease wrote:Very detailed explanation.
Thank you. It took around two hours to type it out, on a sleepy-yet-determined mindset.
Sheepdisease wrote:I managed to get through two out of three rounds of kickball but the last round is impossible as characters seem to disappear much worse.
Same here. I managed to beat the M.T. kickball Quarter- and Semi-finals without much trouble, but the finals themselves proved too tough, taxing and troublesome to even think about beating. I didn't even bother with the H.P. Colosseum Jiggy because of it.
Sheepdisease wrote:With Witchy World, it sounds like you have managed to get much further than I have each time I tried. It crashes almost instantly when I attempt to enter the Inferno.
A savestate, determination and exploring is all it took. Try it yourself!
Also, seeing as we still have this "Inferno/Train Station" insistence, the different national versions of Tooie may need to be addressed - I'm just using the U.S. rom, while you seem to be using the European version based on your savestate, and we're reporting different areas crashing.

[Gripes Below]
Also, two troubles I encountered because of the crash: Because I did not go to the Not64 menu to autosave much on my first run of the game, all of my progress from Glitter Gulch Mine to there was wiped. This led to me quitting Tooie for a couple of days, until I returned to beat G.G.M. in my lowest time for any world - one hour and thirty-three minutes to absolute completion. I also had the worst luck for the "Mrs. Boggy's Kids" jiggy, as - of all scenarios - the kid you have to use the Taxi Pack on ended up there. It's not the most time-efficient one, but it's the one I was looking forward to the most.
Sheepdisease

Post by Sheepdisease » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:30 am

I had noticed you were using a different version and did wonder if that had anything to do with the difference in how far we can progress on the same map. Still impossible for me to make any progress at this stage.
Sheepdisease

Post by Sheepdisease » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Any ideas?
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:07 am

Please, a way to update Cruis'n World checksum in the emulator for allow the emulator to save and keep the save?
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:18 am

Or otherwise the ability to set manually the savetype for every game?
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Tue May 02, 2017 7:12 am

What's going on with this, it's been awhile since we've had any sizeable update and even longer since we've increased ROM compatibility/speed.
"I am invincible!"

Extrems

Post by Extrems » Tue May 02, 2017 3:40 pm

Maybe you missed the writing on the wall, but it turns out the Game Boy Player is more interesting and valuable.

There was an update in the works, I don't know when I'll finish it.
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Fri May 05, 2017 1:53 am

What kind of update are we talking about here?
"I am invincible!"

Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Fri May 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Now I can save pad configuration, as exampe d-pad instead of analog stick. I miss always a way to set the savetype for an hacked Cruis'n World rom.
Justadoo444

Post by Justadoo444 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:02 am

Very, very sorry, completely forgot to post. A short while back, I have looked into my save in Project64, and...

...I think I have found the cause of the Banjo-Tooie "WitchyWorld Crash" issue.

Through deduction, I recall that, for the Mrs. Boggy jiggy, the three bears' locations are randomized throughout WitchyWorld. I could send back the girl and the stubborn one without trouble, but the one left (the fat one) was nowhere to be seen. Loading the save in Project64, it turns out he was in the train station all along. After Taxi-Packing him back to the entrance, watching Mrs. Boggy whap him with her purse for lying, retrieving the Jiggy in return, and depositing the save back into Not64, I could access the train station and ride the rails crash-free. Weird...

My Deduction:
Not64 crashes upon loading the fat bear cub, not any room.

You're welcome, all this matters for.
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:04 pm

This emulator works very fine with Cruis'n World, but with my hacked rom I can't save normally.

This happen 'cause the checksum change from DFE61153D76118E6 to 230C024062A638F9 and then the emulator don't set the savetype in 16 kbit eeprom.

Please, can you tell me how I can edit the checksum in this emulator? Don't have an INI file to edit it in an easy mode. And please, tell me how change it myself, 'cause my hacked rom is a work in progress, I'll have to update again the checksum.
türme

Post by türme » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:44 pm

Erase
Last edited by türme on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
y0da89

Post by y0da89 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:38 am

Thank you.
Bomberman 64 arcade edition was tranlated to english and works decently with this emulator.
Ploggy

Post by Ploggy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:19 am

Extrems, Will you update Not64 to support Fix94's new WiiU Gamepad patch?
It would allow us to control Not64 With the Wii's Gamepad buttons :)

https://github.com/FIX94/libwiidrc
This is only usable with a sepcial patched fw.img and homebrew injected into a wiiu vc title, details on the patches are below.
The usage is quite simple, call WiiDRC_Init on boot and after that call WiiDRC_ScanPads every time you update your pad inputs.
See the "demo" folder for an example on how to use it in a bit more detail.
Both compiled Library and Demo can be grabbed from the Releases tab.
I'm asking around trying to get as many Wii Devs to update their Apps to support it :P
With this patch it basically makes it a portable Wii/GC (kind of) :P
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Yes, but I need more information on the counter and sync button.
Ploggy

Post by Ploggy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:51 pm

If you need a more technical information you'll have to talk with fix94 himself. :) He's a member here iirc?

Oh I forgot to say GC games are now playable WITH Gamepad Controls :)
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:00 pm

I already asked him on IRC, but he doesn't know since other people is testing this stuff for him.
Ploggy

Post by Ploggy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:03 pm

I don't know if I can help, What do you mean by counter and sync button?