[Not64][Hack] GoldenEye X 5d - Status 11/18/15

All Wii64 related discussions here
Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

[Not64][Hack] GoldenEye X 5d - Status 11/18/15

Post by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:51 am

So instead of writing my term paper I'm going to procrastinate and make a post entailing everything anyone needs to know about GoldenEye X Beta 5d, we really should be doing this for all roms and hacks. This is mainly for people to see how well the mod can be played using Not64 so they can either get it for themselves or wait for a less buggier version. (Saves people the time of testing it for themselves.)

Goldeneye X: Version 5d-BETA

General Settings:

CPU Core: Dynarec (Pure Interpreter brings the frames down to 10-15)

Video Settings:

Show FPS: Off
Screen Mode: 16:9
CPU Framebuffer: Off
2xSal Tex: Off
FB Textures: On

Audio Settings:

Disable Audio: Off
Speed Limit: DL
Scale Pitch: Yes

Bugs:
-Any Menu Screens not in use will flicker and remain on screen behind the current usable menu until either the player begins the game or exits the main menu
-Game freezes for a second when switching weapons or choosing their player character in the "Player Settings" menu
-Multiplayer laggy with simulants with more then one player (Train, Cradle, Labyrinth, Facility, Bunker, Facility Backzone) (Will test more levels over time)
-Second Player Screen glitchy with the "Horizontal" splitscreen setting (Flashing black spots all over the map, players gun clips through walls and doors, increased lag)
-Multiplayer unplayable with the "Vertical" splitscreen setting (Entire screen becomes a mass of glitchy lines and textures making the game almost impossible to navigate)
-Blood on the uniforms is white instead of blood red however the blood on the walls renders properly

Final Verdict
Currently Playable: Yes including Multiplayer albeit more laggy (Still Fun!)
Frames: 22-29 (Rarely ever stays on 30) (Sometimes drops below 20 for a brief time or worse depending on the number of players, simulants, and overall map size and detailing)

I will test this out more and include more information as I go updating the title date with the newest test date.
"I am invincible!"