Are things going more or less smoothly with Wii64/WiiSX?

All Wii64 related discussions here
JPnintendo

Re: Are things going more or less smoothly with Wii64/WiiSX?

Post by JPnintendo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:53 am

the_randomizer wrote:
JPnintendo wrote:
the_randomizer wrote:If it's better than the old one, what's the point of making it switchable? Heck, maybe they even got the pixel dissolve effects in Mario 64.
It asked because I have problems in PJ64 (Jabo´s Plguin "the best" doestn´t work as fine as Rice daedalus for Mario Party 3) some times, an "old" or version is more efective in some games. =P
The best, up-to-date one is Glide64 WX; it's the only known plugin that properly emulates the pixel dissolve effects in some N64 games (Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mystical Ninja 64). Rice Daedalus doesn't even run DirectX properly (certain games end up with massive gfx glitches, missing audio), and is severely outdated. Now Glide64 is a plugin that I'd like to see get ported, but, that probably ain't gonna happen.
Yes yes! I agree with you, but that isn´t my point. I just said than I got Mario Party 3 runin at 99% with out sound or graphical glitches and put that "experiencie as an example of why I think Wii64 could have a Plugin selector. xD
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:06 am

A plugin selector is quite hard in our case because every tiny ounce of memory counts. We're working on porting a new plugin at the moment anyway which will have great compatibility, but at the same time, we'll be releasing two builds (one for each gfx plugin).
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:53 pm

emu_kidid wrote:A plugin selector is quite hard in our case because every tiny ounce of memory counts. We're working on porting a new plugin at the moment anyway which will have great compatibility, but at the same time, we'll be releasing two builds (one for each gfx plugin).

Nice. I wonder if we'll ever see a video preview of these plugins in action....just wishful thinking is all. :mrgreen:
"Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."

Homer Simpson
JPnintendo

Post by JPnintendo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:36 pm

emu_kidid wrote:A plugin selector is quite hard in our case because every tiny ounce of memory counts. We're working on porting a new plugin at the moment anyway which will have great compatibility, but at the same time, we'll be releasing two builds (one for each gfx plugin).
So, it will be like a plugin selector, but in two emulators. I was´t so wrong... :P Thanks for the info emukidid!!
Aressi

Post by Aressi » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:39 pm

I have a question, is the same compatibiity in cube64 like wii64? because in the preview video I saw jet force gemini working fine, but when I try on cube64 i get random colors on the screen even when I get back to menu
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:40 am

Project64 also has problems showing Resident Evil 2 properly at the menu screens, I can't remember what plugin was best for that, one had the above and another didn't but in gameplay the screen output was befuddled and fmv didn't show up.
Matron

Post by Matron » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Let's see if I get it. The next Wii64 release:

- Will be (maybe) before march.
- Perfect Dark will be fully playable and Conker works.
- Two releases. One with glN64 and the other one with Rice.
[sarcasm]- Emu_Kidid announces he/they working on NullDC Wii with Arikado[/sarcasm] :mrgreen:

:?:

I love Wii64/WiiSX. You three are awesome!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Matron, you're partially right :) (Except that nullDC crap :p)
Ploggy

Post by Ploggy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:21 am

I reckon the new Emu is either something Arcadie possibly something to do with CPS1/2/3??
Or, maybe something to do with (although a lot less likely) Desmumewii.

My reasoning behind this is because the developers Desmumewii SVN seem to have gone silent since the announcement of a secret Emu project, so maybe your working with them to get Desmumewii up to a more playable standard :)
ar15mex

Post by ar15mex » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:45 am

I will love to see the DC emulated. Imagine all the awesome games: Shenmue, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Capcom Fighters (these alone are worthy), SNK Fighters, House of the dead, Virtua Cop, Typing the dead, Crazy tAXI, and so on.
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 am

I'm hoping that this effect will be emulated with one of the plugins (more specifically, the one on the left).
Only two plugins can emulate this fully, but, I could be mistaken. Just wishful thinking. :D
Attachments
glide_jabo.jpg
(63.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."

Homer Simpson
wilidy

Post by wilidy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:36 am

Hey emu_kidid, can you post what do you need to do to release a new update? I mean like what still left to realease it and stuff. Any chances we'll see something in this february?
Oh, and you're doing this emulator all by yourself? Or do you have a team or something?

Thanks a lot. You're doing a great job :D
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:55 am

We are a team - www.emulatemii.com - there's 3 of us. tehpola, sepp256 and I.

ETA is unknown, but things are definitely progressing!
JPnintendo

Post by JPnintendo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:10 am

emu_kidid wrote:We are a team - http://www.emulatemii.com - there's 3 of us. tehpola, sepp256 and I.

ETA is unknown, but things are definitely progressing!
That is Ok. Just some quests (I know... I am persistent (?) )
If Perfect Dark will work at 100% that is a clue... you have progresed a lot in RAM management and video performance rigth?
If Conker`s BFD will work.... The new emu will be more compatible with a lot of other games rigth? Cause this game... as I know... is "special" doesn´t boot on a "simple" emulator.
And, do you think that Banjo Tooei will be playable? (with the new features than permit the other 2 games work)
Thanks!!!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:54 am

to answer in short - we don't know yet. The dynarec is being re-written and a new video plugin is being ported - of course if both go great, it might mean all you asked up there is true.
mikog

Post by mikog » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:46 pm

:?: :| Is there any way gameshark support can be added and possibly a gameshark button of some sort? :P
~mikog.[/code]
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:51 am

emu_kidid wrote:to answer in short - we don't know yet. The dynarec is being re-written and a new video plugin is being ported - of course if both go great, it might mean all you asked up there is true.
If you'd be so kind, could you tell us what the new GPU plugin is based off of? I'm kinda curious to know. Heck, even a progress video would be nice. If not, that's okay. :mrgreen:

Homer Simpson
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:16 am

It's a port of Rice - which means a lot of cool things ;)
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:47 am

emu_kidid wrote:It's a port of Rice - which means a lot of cool things ;)

Nice. Is the pixel/dissolve effect involved in any way? Nintendo didn't emulate it in the Virtual Console it seems. If not, that's okay, but either way, can't wait to see progress! Just curious as to what some of the emulated goodies are. :mrgreen:

Homer Simpson
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:34 pm

We gonna see hardware rendering instead of slow software rendering?
wilidy

Post by wilidy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks for answering, emu_kidid :D Good to know that I'm probably gonna play Banjo-Tooie once again ;D

This just ocurred me: is there any way you can do something like a "Virtual Transfer Pak", where you could load a gbc (Gameboycolor) save file, for playing it on Pokémon Stadium, for example? Is it possible? õ_o
Just wanna know if it's possible and if you plan to do something like that in a future release?
Net_Bastard

Post by Net_Bastard » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:17 pm

For some reason I can't get Glide64 to work. It just says "glide3x.dll not found" when it's clearly there.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:01 am

kevstah2004 wrote:We gonna see hardware rendering instead of slow software rendering?
It's always been hardware rendering!
xGRUMPYx

Post by xGRUMPYx » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:32 am

when do you think this new be release? like before what month? im just curious..
There's Heroes And There's Legends, Heroes Get Remember But Legends Never Die..
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:34 am

WiiSX? I thought it used P.E.Op.s. software render.