Not 64 Anniversary Celebration

All Wii64 related discussions here
manic.blood

Not 64 Anniversary Celebration

Post by manic.blood » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:21 pm

Gotta drop by just to say that its been over a year of Not64!
Recently my lil bros and sis have started playing a lot of the old N64 on Wii.
Thanks to all the community here in providing a great place to share setups and help out.
Currently I just rename whatever game they play the most with an A suffix e.g. ATiggerHoneyHunt.
Jump straight in by just loading the Channel then tap A a few times to load and they re in.

AutoNativeSaves has been a great addition. No more navigating menus to save slots and
accidental overwrites doh! Now they can simply load game up "Found Game Save" Pops up.
Even "Auto Save " on power off.

Yesterday we played a lot of Mario Kart
If anyone wishes to share they re recent experiences please do...
nakata

Re: Not 64 Anniversary Celebration

Post by nakata » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:14 pm

Lots and lots of GoldenEye and Perfect Dark playthroughs (wiimote IR controls ftfw). Many GE hacks as well, like GE-X and various custom campaign missions (thanks shootersforever.com). Finished Turoks 1,2 and 3 on hard all the way through.
Mario 64 hacks as well as rough gems like California Speed, Rally Championship 2000. Finally, Starfox 64 with IR=bliss.

Cheers Wii64/Not64 :)
TheThief

Post by TheThief » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:12 am

nakata wrote:Lots and lots of GoldenEye and Perfect Dark playthroughs (wiimote IR controls ftfw). Many GE hacks as well, like GE-X and various custom campaign missions (thanks shootersforever.com).
Yeah I've been playing some goldeneye, extreme G, and some Mario 64 mods. Goldeneye custom missions?! I'll have to try these, never heard of them before but I'm up for it. These pre patched roms or?? Guess I'll have to investigate.
nakata

Post by nakata » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:34 am

For starters, check here
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_m ... 1&start=30

GoldenEye X v5 patch will also have campaign missions, running on the PD engine!
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_m ... &start=210

Also, there is a "Goldeneye 007 N64 Rom Hacks" pack on isozone that has more than 50 GE romhacks with custom missions. Almost all run on Not64. Google it and have fun :)
TheThief

Post by TheThief » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:24 am

Cool, I was aware of glodeneye x but I hadn't noticed the single player missions. Tried one of the ones you linked from shootersforever, it's cool playing goldeneye with a twist. Thanks for the info.