HOW TO install Not64?

All Wii64 related discussions here
jakecrawford

HOW TO install Not64?

Post by jakecrawford » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:40 am

I bought a Wii which had Wii64 installed on it with a whole bunch of games in it. I've been trying to play Banjo Kazooie on it and I can't get through the second world without the game completely freezing, forcing me to restart the Wii. I've been researching online and saw this Not64 I was wondering how I can go about installing this on the Wii.

I'm also having an issue with the Wii64 where it won't save anything, i dont know what to do about that?
nakata

Re: HOW TO install Not64?

Post by nakata » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:58 pm

Put the files boot.dol, meta.xml and icon.png in /apps/WII64/ folder.
Put the N64 roms in /Not64/roms/ folder. Saves go in the /Not64/saves/ folder.

If your games do not save, then either your SD card is write protected (check here) or your roms have the : character on their name.

Banjo Kazooie works perfect here (save for a few white "missing" textures on Banjo's eyes or some items).
jakecrawford

Post by jakecrawford » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:27 am

nakata wrote:Put the files boot.dol, meta.xml and icon.png in /apps/WII64/ folder.
Put the N64 roms in /Not64/roms/ folder. Saves go in the /Not64/saves/ folder.

If your games do not save, then either your SD card is write protected (check here) or your roms have the : character on their name.

Banjo Kazooie works perfect here (save for a few white "missing" textures on Banjo's eyes or some items).

This might be a stupid question, but where do I find any of those folders or roms? The Wii I bought came with all the stuff installed.

Banjo runs laggy sometimes and it'll freeze to the point where I have to reset the system
nakata

Post by nakata » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Do you have an SD card reader? Take the SD card out of the Wii's front slot and put in on the reader. Then connect the reader to your PC. You can now see what files the SD card contains.

Latest Not64 (Feb. 2015) version runs fine speed-wise on BK, download that and you' ll be fine
That_OneDude

Post by That_OneDude » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:43 am

Hey, new guy here, just now tinkering with all this stuff; I have Wii64 on my vWii on my Wii U. I have the Homebrew channel installed on the vWii and just recently (like 2 hours ago) installed Wii64 in hopes of playing Super Mario Star Road. I got the game running fine (I think) but I can't use the GameCube adapter I use for Nintendont and Smash Wii U. Will Not64 let me use the Adapter? Moreover, if one of you young whippersnappers would be able to give me a somewhat more detailed instruction as to how to install Not64, I'd be very grateful.