Wii64 Beta 1.2 fork by Fix94

All Wii64 related discussions here
TheThief

Wii64 Beta 1.2 fork by Fix94

Post by TheThief » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm not seeing anything about this on this forum so I thought I'd post about it. Fix94 released a fork of mupen64GC. A couple or revisions were released. The release from Nov 20th 2017 uses the RICE GFX video plug-in. I know I had been patiently waiting for it for sometime.

Currently playing goldeneye with a working skybox and no discernible slowdown that wasn't already present on the original hardware.

https://github.com/FIX94/Wii64/releases

Enjoy, discuss, rejoice.
NewFang

Re: Wii64 Beta 1.2 fork by Fix94

Post by NewFang » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Is this an updated Wii64 release with hires textures available? Been looking for a way to play Goldeneye64 running decent with textures for some time now. Latest updates here have come a long way but just doesn't seem to support that type of functionality.

That being said, I just recently moved on to PJ64 and 1964 emus on PC. Got OoT and Mario64 running with hires textures on PJ64. With Goldeneye Editor it looks like you can patch custom levels/textures into the rom. I'm pretty noobish when it comes to this kind of stuff, so it's taking a bit to figure out. Looks amazing though and runs at 60fps. GoldeneyeVault.com has nescessary files available.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:51 am

Here's something experimental to play with I guess: https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/releases
Ploggy

Post by Ploggy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:58 pm

I just gave this a go with a SM64 Texpack and works fine, I'm playing on WiiU with the CPU unlock enabled :)
Your not using Fix94's WiiU Gamepad patch though?

emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Ploggy wrote:I just gave this a go with a SM64 Texpack and works fine, I'm playing on WiiU with the CPU unlock enabled :)

Not yet. I'll work on it a bit today
NewFang

Post by NewFang » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Wow, awesome. Thank you for this.
I think I am missing something with the texture pack feature. Used the Texture packer app. Created a Texture pak file and put it in SD:wii64/hires folder and also on usb. Is it supposed to load textures on start automatically? I don't see any difference in textures when playing OoT. Using Djipi's 2015 pack for Rice.
Ploggy

Post by Ploggy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:17 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Ploggy wrote:I just gave this a go with a SM64 Texpack and works fine, I'm playing on WiiU with the CPU unlock enabled :)

Not yet. I'll work on it a bit today
Thanks, I've got a Banjo Kazooie Pack to work too ;) I found a couple Texture packs that are in .DAT format. Are they compatible or is this just for PNG based Texture Packs?
Ploggy

Post by Ploggy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:20 pm

NewFang wrote:Wow, awesome. Thank you for this.
I think I am missing something with the texture pack feature. Used the Texture packer app. Created a Texture pak file and put it in SD:wii64/hires folder and also on usb. Is it supposed to load textures on start automatically? I don't see any difference in textures when playing OoT. Using Djipi's 2015 pack for Rice.
Same for me too. Looks the same as the original rom? I got it to work with Banjo Kazooie and Mario 64 though :)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:47 pm

Ploggy wrote:
NewFang wrote:Wow, awesome. Thank you for this.
Same for me too. Looks the same as the original rom? I got it to work with Banjo Kazooie and Mario 64 though :)
Right now it has to be a single texture pack and it has to be the right one for your ROM (possibly region too if textures changed). I've run into some memory issues with the texture packs that I'm working out and also adding in some sort of auto loader I guess based on naming.
TheThief

Post by TheThief » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Oh awesome emu_kidid, thanks for texture pack support. I'll have to track down some goldeneye texture packs to try. Pretty sure I have a sm64 one buried in one of my folders on my PC. I'll be trying it out as soon as I can.
carnage

Post by carnage » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:17 pm

any chance when we can on official wii64 get wiiu gamepad support and cpu clock divider like not64 for vwii overclock?
CORE316

Post by CORE316 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:26 am

I 2nd that it the only thing missing from WiiU, What exactly does the Clock Divider do is the overclock sign c2w patcher not the same thing? I have tryed both how far is Wii64 from being almost perfect such as every game being atleast playable no fancy hd etc just plain old n64 playable atleast and at decent speeds. Is Angrylion possible? I would love to see this emulator get better hell perfect.
The amount of work that has went into this over the years is awesome please keep it up. I have Retroarch or Project64 on PC but it more legit playing on WiiU Counting Numbers with Elmo on my GamePad :lol:
chchris25

Post by chchris25 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:15 pm

Is there any new update for Wii64?
saulfabreg

Post by saulfabreg » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:45 pm

i saw latest version of Wii64 by @emu_kidid is 1.2 r19-11-2020. But it lacks all the fixes, optimizations, settings, features and posibility of using Wii64 as a Wiiflow plugin, all of them made by @FIX94 in 2017. Can anyone do these fixes and enable posibility of using Wii64 r19-11-2020 version on Wiiflow as a plugin?
Greetings
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:43 pm

saulfabreg wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:45 pm
i saw latest version of Wii64 by @emu_kidid is 1.2 r19-11-2020. But it lacks all the fixes, optimizations, settings, features and posibility of using Wii64 as a Wiiflow plugin, all of them made by @FIX94 in 2017. Can anyone do these fixes and enable posibility of using Wii64 r19-11-2020 version on Wiiflow as a plugin?
Greetings
Yeah, I'm putting something together to release, just gathering all of FIX94's changes as some don't appear to be in his github.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:54 am

I don't suppose the Wiiflow plugin compatibility will function just like Not64's via the rompath argument in the meta.xml and settings.cfg, thereby allowing it to also work through the homebrew channel directly?
saulfabreg

Post by saulfabreg » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:18 am

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:54 am
I don't suppose the Wiiflow plugin compatibility will function just like Not64's via the rompath argument in the meta.xml and settings.cfg, thereby allowing it to also work through the homebrew channel directly?
Wiiflow uses ini files for configure the arguments, which these arguments are entirely based in the code for HBC's arguments.
I tested with a few Wiiflow-compatible emus and they work.

Now i'm waiting for @emu_kidid for add all of FIX94's fixes and Wiiflow compatibility (use as a Wiiflow plugin) for the latest version of Wii64 1.2 (r19-11-2020) for both glide (glN64) and Rice GFX versions. (@emu_kidid, when we can see that new update with these fixes and posibility to autoboot N64 ROMs?)

@Nintendo Maniac 64 also posted that issue with load game directly from HBC here: https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/issues/45
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:51 am

saulfabreg wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:18 am
Wiiflow uses ini files for configure the arguments, which these arguments are entirely based in the code for HBC's arguments.
But... I don't like using Wiiflow. :(

(I dislike how it separates games into per-console/per-emulator partitions which is very impractical for someone like myself that's trying get six different Bust-A-Move games on their Wii with gameplay and controls that are identical despite being from 5 different consoles).

saulfabreg wrote:
@Nintendo Maniac 64 also posted that issue with load game directly from HBC here: https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/issues/45
I posted that yesterday though, before emu_kidid had made their most recent post. :P
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
saulfabreg

Post by saulfabreg » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:03 am

Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:51 am
saulfabreg wrote:
But... I don't like using Wiiflow. :(

(I dislike how it separates games into a per-console/per-emulator partitions which is very impractical for someone like myself that's trying get six different Bust-A-Move games on their Wii with gameplay and controls that are identical despite being from 5 different consoles).

saulfabreg wrote:
I posted that yesterday though, before emu_kidid had made their most recent post. :P
I agree with that. I don't like very much using Wiiflow for make emulators autoboot ROMs so I use HBC apps' meta.xml arguments instead.

@emu_kidid But when we can see a newly compiled release of the fixed Wii64 1.2 r19-11-2020 with all the fixes, settings, configs, optimizations, Advanced view, Wiiflow compatibility (all of these from FIX94), and autoboot ROM arguments?

@saulfabreg
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:11 am

saulfabreg wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:03 am
I use HBC apps' meta.xml arguments instead.
Do you happen to know of any other emulators that include this function? I know WiiSX RX v2.5 for example has Wiiflow autoboot support, but there's nothing mentioned in it's meta.xml file and I've been unable to figure if it can work from the HBC directly...

Also, technically it's my impression that the meta.xml argument just temporarily applies the given value to the settings.cfg file as you can actually manually input a given rompath into Not64's settings.cfg and it'll work in the very same way... except permanently for that single game. :P (this also means that it'll work with custom channel forwarders if you're into that - more info)
saulfabreg

Post by saulfabreg » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:24 am

Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:11 am
saulfabreg wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:03 am
I use HBC apps' meta.xml arguments instead.
Do you happen to know of any other emulators that include this function? I know WiiSX RX v2.5 for example has Wiiflow autoboot support, but there's nothing mentioned in it's meta.xml file and I've been unable to figure if it can work from the HBC directly...

Also, technically it's my impression that the meta.xml argument just temporarily applies the given value to the settings.cfg file as you can actually manually input a given rompath into Not64's settings.cfg and it'll work in the very same way... except permanently for that single game. :P (this also means that it'll work with custom channel forwarders if you're into that - more info)
For WiiSX RX 2.5, I've made a SIngle ROM Loader for that and other more emulators (including FIX94's Wii64 and Not64 SE), look for it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-collecti ... rs.591509/
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:54 am

So it turns out that the game-autoboot functionality already exists in Wii64, it's just completely undocumented. Therefore I've edited the existing github issue to instead be about documenting how to use the according function. Unfortunately though, it seems to purely rely on the meta.xml arguments, so if I want to make a custom forwarder then it looks like I'll have to figure out how to use ModMii as "Simple Forwarder Channel Creator" doesn't see the meta.xml file.

In the process of that, I did however realize that, when using a nunchuck or when using a Wii remote by itself, you can't set the "Home" button as the option for going back to the emulator menu. Considering that the "Home" button is an option to go back to the emulator menu when using a classic controller, so perhaps this was simply an oversight? For reference, these are things that Not64 allows.

Also, confession time - the primary reason I want to be able to default to using the 'Advanced' view is so that "Resume Game" is highlighted by default whenever you return to the emulator menu while a game is running. I mention this in hopes that the discrepancy in behavior exhibited by WiiSX RX isn't replicated by Wii64 whereby, if you use autoboot and then return to the emulator menu, WiiSX RX will be highlighting "Load ISO" by default; this is a discrepancy because, if you load a game in WiiSX RX without using autoboot, run the game, and then return to the emulator menu, WiiSX RX be highlighting "Resume Game" by default instead (which is the behavior I would think makes more sense).
saulfabreg

Post by saulfabreg » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:17 pm

Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:54 am
So it turns out that the game-autoboot functionality already exists in Wii64, it's just completely undocumented. Therefore I've edited the existing github issue to instead be about documenting how to use the according function. Unfortunately though, it seems to purely rely on the meta.xml arguments, so if I want to make a custom forwarder then it looks like I'll have to figure out how to use ModMii as "Simple Forwarder Channel Creator" doesn't see the meta.xml file.

In the process of that, I did however realize that, when using a nunchuck or when using a Wii remote by itself, you can't set the "Home" button as the option for going back to the emulator menu. Considering that the "Home" button is an option to go back to the emulator menu when using a classic controller, so perhaps this was simply an oversight? For reference, these are things that Not64 allows.

Also, confession time - the primary reason I want to be able to default to using the 'Advanced' view is so that "Resume Game" is highlighted by default whenever you return to the emulator menu while a game is running. I mention this in hopes that the discrepancy in behavior exhibited by WiiSX RX isn't replicated by Wii64 whereby, if you use autoboot and then return to the emulator menu, WiiSX RX will be highlighting "Load ISO" by default; this is a discrepancy because, if you load a game in WiiSX RX without using autoboot, run the game, and then return to the emulator menu, WiiSX RX be highlighting "Resume Game" by default instead (which is the behavior I would think makes more sense).
ModMii actually can make DOL forwarders which can read meta.xml files, these dol forwarders made with ModMii are based in FIX94's work.

With Wii64 autoboot ROM arguments, the unique Wii64 that it had arguments for autoboot games (as far as i know) it's FIX94's mod in 2017. So I am hoping if @emu_kidid is going to add for us a proper autoboot ROM feature to the Wii64 1.2 r19-11-2020 version and release it with the new fixes and changes in the next version, because Wii64 autoboot ROM argumens are still so undocumented.

I also want @emu_kidid and @Extrems to see and fix that color issue with S.C.A.R.S. 64 which the game works fine but the colors of the track are red instead of its correct colors.

For exit from a game in Wii64/Not64, (because we can't use the HOME button on them for exit the game), in Wiimote we have to press (1)+(2) buttons, in Classic/GameCube controller we have to press (X)+(Y) buttons.

EDIT: In FIX94's Wii64 1.2 Rice when loading automatically a ROM from USB it doesn't show any image but the audio plays. What can be happening?
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:48 pm

So I'm a bit of a derp - it's been pointed out to me that it's actually Fix94's fork of Wii64 that includes the autoboot functionality, not emukidid's. I mixed up the two because I was using the Rice GFX version and, on the github page, Fix94's version doesn't mention Rice video anywhere (not including files in the source named "rice") unless you actually download the release ZIP.

saulfabreg wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:17 pm
For exit from a game in Wii64/Not64, (because we can't use the HOME button on them for exit the game), in Wiimote we have to press (1)+(2) buttons, in Classic/GameCube controller we have to press (X)+(Y) buttons.
That's just the default configuration, I'm talking about the other configurations that the user can set it to - one can set it to instead be Plus+Minus for example.

In Not64, you can set any controller/attachment combination (well, except for the GameCube controller obviously) to use the "Home" button to return to the emulator menu. In Wii64 you can similarly set it to use "Home" to return to the emulator menu, but only for the classic controller.

saulfabreg wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:17 pm
EDIT: In FIX94's Wii64 1.2 Rice when loading automatically a ROM from USB it doesn't show any image but the audio plays. What can be happening?
I've only tried auto-loading from the SD card, so I can't say.
saulfabreg

Post by saulfabreg » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:08 pm

emu_kidid have released Wii64 1.3

https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/relea ... 3-20212212

Even when it fixes a couple of errors (such USB trouble with ROMs in Rice and incorrect handle of ini) there are still two issues remaining on Wii64 that should be fixed ASAP.

@emu_kidid for when the fixes of these issues?

- Your RiceVideoLinux.ini causes issues, but not FIX94's one, so the old RiceVideoLinux.ini from yours needs to be replaced with FIX94's one: https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/issues/74
- WiiFlow compatibility (for autoload ROMs on startup) still not implemented, and it's important for me since Wii64 has support for WiiU GamePad and the only N64 for Wii which uses Rice GFX but i can't use on WiiFlow as plugin nor use forwarders for autostart Wii64 with a rom since there's no support for autoload roms with arguments: https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/issues/73 ; https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/pull/71

If these issues can be fixed i will consider Wii64 1.3 as a great new release ;)