USB Problem

All Wii64 related discussions here
PDXDrifter

USB Problem

Post by PDXDrifter » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:14 am

So i downloaded Wii64 off HBB and it seems to install fine. Made sure to set my rom directory USB:/wii64/roms but whenever i select load from USB it gives me an error stating

"error opening directory "ubs:/wii64/roms""

im going to try loading from SD to verify the program is working correctly and not having compatibility issues with my wii. I am still new to modding a wii and am learning in leaps and bounds.

is there other issues i should be troubleshooting that could cause this malfunction?
PDXDrifter

Re: USB Problem

Post by PDXDrifter » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Thanks EMU_KID for filling me in that Wii64 does not use USB2.0 with IOS58

Does this mean i should look into a cIOS to make it work?
Tonten

Post by Tonten » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:06 am

I searched around on the internet for the Wii64 mod that adds USB2 support via IOS58 and I managed to grab a copy of it. If the Wii64 team is alright with me uploading it, I can attach it to this post.
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Can you just upload to megaupload or something and PM me a link?
Tonten

Post by Tonten » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:05 am

Here is the Wii64 mod with USB2 support. Any potential incompatibilities regarding USB devices have nothing to do with the official Wii64 team so don't contact them to report bugs.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PGQJJCSM
PDXDrifter

Post by PDXDrifter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:35 pm

I tried using the megaupload boot.dol with my wii64. (Replaced the file in my apps/wii64 directory) Still couldnt get my HotDrive to work. So i tried a 4Gb Kingston thumbdrive. Left the SD card alone, and put ONE .Z64 file in the thumbdrive and still couldnt get it to work. :(
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:12 pm

May as well throw my own build out there.
Attachments
boot.zip
(529.41 KiB) Downloaded 612 times
Tonten

Post by Tonten » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:41 pm

I downloaded my megaupload link and I tried the file from Extrems and I was able to load a rom from USB with both executables.

-Make sure IOS58 is installed.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer
Then you have to reinstall the homebrew channel
http://bootmii.org/download/
Note: You are allowed to launch the hackmii installer through the homebrew channel when reinstalling the homebrew channel.
-Put your roms in USB:/Wii64/ROMS
-Is your USB device found here?: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/USB_Mass_Storage_Devices
Note: My USB device is not on that list but it still works.
-Is your USB device formatted properly? Plug it into your PC, go to "my computer", right click on the device and go to properties. Look at File System. Make sure it is either Fat16 or Fat32. I'd recommend Fat32.
PDXDrifter

Post by PDXDrifter » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:52 pm

WOW!

ok so i would like to say thank you to Tonten for working closely with me to troubleshoot this problem. Today i loaded the boot file from Extremz and just like magic everything works now! Im still going to thuroughly test it and will let you know of future problems. but im now able to use my 80Gb external HDD with Wii64.

all i did was swap my boot file with the one Extremz uploaded. Tonten's copy did not work for me for some reason.

I AM using IOS58
I DID doublecheck my directory
I started using a 4Gb Kingston DataTraveler (its on the list) but now am using a 80Gb External USB HDD
IT IS FAT32 formatted

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU