Wii64 2012

All Wii64 related discussions here
JPnintendo

Re: Wii64 2012

Post by JPnintendo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:39 am

Hello! Some news on emulatemii would not be so bad :) Thanks, emukidid for the work. Hope you post something here! :)
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:22 pm

No updates since September of 2011. That worries me for some reason; even a snippet of information would be appreciated. Emulators don't deserve to die ignominious deaths.
"Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."

Homer Simpson
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:13 am

freakin damn....

emu_kidid, can you repackage the release and change the font or something and post it as an update???
maybe it will shut some of these people up....
hmmmm.....placebo effect, they might even see some improvements and give many thanks for the update....

hmmm...
those who can, code
those who cant, bitch and moan
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:39 am

It uses the IPL ROM font.
infact

Post by infact » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:17 pm

@megalomaniac: just bump the version number and add "small improvements" to the changelog might also work. xD
infact
Image Image
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm glad someone else said it, much nicer than I would have too.
Cubelover

Post by Cubelover » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:03 pm

JPnintendo wrote:Hello! Some news on emulatemii would not be so bad :) Thanks, emukidid for the work. Hope you post something here! :)
the_randomizer wrote:No updates since September of 2011. That worries me for some reason; even a snippet of information would be appreciated. Emulators don't deserve to die ignominious deaths.
megalomaniac wrote:hmmm...
those who can, code
those who cant, bitch and moan
I don't see any bitching and moaning. For the future, ignoring those posts would be the best one can do for this thread.
reversalmushroom

Post by reversalmushroom » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:31 am

I don't have any problems with Wii64 taking so long, but I take issue with the way that they worded their latest update. It says that the custom texture packs feature was almost complete, and then it says to expect a release after that part was finished. I don't know about you, but after reading those 2 parts, I got the impression that Wii64 was almost finished. Now there's something I feel I have to say because some people took my other post the wrong way (I'm talking about you, Ashen): They have lives. It's their project. They can take however long they want to take. As much as I'm excited about Wii64, I'm not so excited that I'm ungrateful I don't have it. I'm not entitled to Wii64. I don't think that they're a bunch of lazy deadbeats. They can work on Wii64 when they want to work on Wii64. I appreciate the work they do, and I'm not criticizing them because it's been over 2 years since the last one, and even though an update would be nice, I don't feel like I deserve one. I have a life and I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch every day I look at emulatemii.com and it still says "Long overdue progress update and… a 1up on bigN!". WII64 WILL GET DONE WHEN IT GETS DONE. I want to be very clear on all of that. This being said, I'm annoyed because sepp256 led me to believe that Wii64 was almost finished, and it's been 6 months. 6 months is not "nearing completion", "nearing completion" means that it's nearly complete. Honestly, I wouldn't have been annoyed at all if one or both of those statements had never been put in, or if instead the article said something along the lines of "We've come a long way, but we've still got a very long road ahead of us", or even if the article had said that they were abandoning Wii64 and putting their focus on WiiU64, instead of saying "Expect a release after this feature is complete and it's almost complete". But I could be wrong. There's always the chance that they thought it was almost done and then something set them back, or that the final steps are just taking longer than they had originally anticipated, or that they just couldn't find the time. I really hope I'm not coming off as rude, here. That is not my intent.

PS - Don't be like this person: http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/member ... file&u=372
Last edited by reversalmushroom on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Who would win in a fight between you and yo mama?
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:57 pm

ar15mex

Post by ar15mex » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Hahahhahaahahaha... Well you are not rude, but you go to the point. :D
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Ashen wrote:I'm glad someone else said it, much nicer than I would have too.
oh shit, THIS! i always have to force myself out of this/these thread(s)
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:06 am

I don't believe we've worded anything incorrectly on the website apart from perhaps not putting out definition of "soon" up there in the article. I try to stress where I can that "soon" is not a fixed period of time when it comes to homebrew development. In our view, soon means, when we get enough work done in our limited free time, we'll look at the issue. Most of the time we merely find enough free time to discuss what we'll do to fix an issue, then find an issue in the solution and have to go back to discussing/etc. It's very rarely that we'll actually put "pen to paper" (code to file), and thus, progress is sparse, especially on big things like newly ported graphics plugins or core rewrites.
reversalmushroom

Post by reversalmushroom » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:10 am

I have an issue with emulatemii.com, too. It won't post my comments. I enter my comment and then it tells me that my comment is "awaiting moderation", but it never actually gets posted. Does "awaiting moderation" mean that someone actually has to read it and put it onto the site? Who's job is it to do this? And is emulatemii your website, or does someone else own the server? The articles have been known to fill up with spam from time to time, so why is that person reading the spam and then inputting it underneath the articles? WAAH! WAAH! Why won't it WAAH!? Why is it that they'd rather go through the tedium of posting other people's spam into their own website than post one of my comments, for no other reason than that I wrote it? I say the same things as everyone else so why are my comments worse than the spam?! Do you have any idea how hurtful that is? Or is it because I'm not a member of emulatemii? I tried to join emulatemii so I could post comments, but I can't find a link to register. Where is it? I see the "login" link, but I don't see the "register" link.

PS - Speaking of emulatemii.com, computerboy had this to say:
"The team has split.

Other than Emulator Kid, no one comes on IRC anymore.

Its all over, guys. Like Nintendo Wii64 AM DOOMED."
Is that part about you splitting up true? Or is computerboy a liar?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:26 am

emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:29 am

Yes, we own emulatemii.com (collectively, sepp256, tehpola and I). We moderate the comments from first time posters (I guess we haven't moderated any of yours yet as there's about 15,000 pending (99% is spam)). The reason we turned moderating on was for the spam to be caught and most of it seems to be. It's very time consuming to keep the site clean so we let it go then clean it up every few months - especially given that users would rather see a new release for the emulator rather than a clean site.

And yes, as Extrems showed, we're all on IRC except me, I'm in #gc-forever and occasionally in #WiiN64. I chat with tehpola and sepp256 daily so I don't see how we've "disbanded"....
reversalmushroom

Post by reversalmushroom » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:11 am

Well, if it'll be an inconvenience, then I don't want you to add my comments. I guess for the rest of my life I'll just type my comments in and delude myself into thinking that I'm really interacting with other people until the unsuccessful attempts at denial promote an unhealthy dichotomy within me that drives me to suicide... :mrgreen: But in all seriousness, it's fine. You don't have to do it.
Cubelover

Post by Cubelover » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Well, no wonder why emulatemii suffers from spam. There is no reCAPTCHA or any other CAPTCHA at all.
Also you can try this: http://akismet.com/
ar15mex

Post by ar15mex » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi all,

First of all, I do not post often, but I visit every now and then this website. After tehskeen was ended my best places to obtain wii hombrew news is this place and and wiibrew. Now into the main response to some of you,

I believe that emukidd, tehpola, and sepp have been too kind with all of you. This emulator that they are working is totally FREE OF CHARGE, and has non-profitable purposes. Unlike his other products like IDE-EXI that you PAY FOR IT; we can actually complain due to the fact that some of you PAY for it. Its like when you buy a TV and it comes defective you can send it back. Here is totally differen business guys. If you want this product (the emulator) that is FREE not to mention OPEN SOURCE you can DO IT ON YOUR OWN, and stop bitching about it. Secondly, If you keep complaning you MAY discourge the developers. I know its been a pain for the waiting but you should never put your hopes on homebrew developers. Sure... you may deposit contributions to the cause, but that does not guarantee the project.

Just get a N64. Pawn shops have them a 29.00 or less. Thats what I did, I have a few games from ebay, and I'm totally happy with it. I am waiting for the emulator but not with the same hype.

As a last point its sad to see what it became of this topic. I was hoping to see more discussion on the emulator side, than bitching about the development. THankfully Not64 is out there, and I've been playing it lately.

Cheers
APE992

Post by APE992 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:12 am

But self-righteous self-entitlement is the God given right of everyone unable to code their way out of a paper bag!

Or was I misinformed?
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:57 am

APE992 wrote:But self-righteous self-entitlement is the God given right of everyone unable to code their way out of a paper bag!

Or was I misinformed?
i think you may have eaten too many of those funky looking chickens
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:03 am

ar15mex wrote:Hi all,

First of all, I do not post often, but I visit every now and then this website. After tehskeen was ended my best places to obtain wii hombrew news is this place and and wiibrew. Now into the main response to some of you,

I believe that emukidd, tehpola, and sepp have been too kind with all of you. This emulator that they are working is totally FREE OF CHARGE, and has non-profitable purposes. Unlike his other products like IDE-EXI that you PAY FOR IT; we can actually complain due to the fact that some of you PAY for it. Its like when you buy a TV and it comes defective you can send it back. Here is totally differen business guys. If you want this product (the emulator) that is FREE not to mention OPEN SOURCE you can DO IT ON YOUR OWN, and stop bitching about it. Secondly, If you keep complaning you MAY discourge the developers. I know its been a pain for the waiting but you should never put your hopes on homebrew developers. Sure... you may deposit contributions to the cause, but that does not guarantee the project.

Just get a N64. Pawn shops have them a 29.00 or less. Thats what I did, I have a few games from ebay, and I'm totally happy with it. I am waiting for the emulator but not with the same hype.

As a last point its sad to see what it became of this topic. I was hoping to see more discussion on the emulator side, than bitching about the development. THankfully Not64 is out there, and I've been playing it lately.

Cheers
thank you
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
adt1340

Post by adt1340 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:39 pm

See I agree with ar15mex, as the developers owe us nothing for they have already released awesome things in the past. However, I can also understand why ppl get frustrated. I personally don't believe it's do to lack of the coding updates, but rather that there has (basically) been no official message update to the community (some of which have donated to the project) in ~6 months!

Also I totally agree with ar15mex, as I'm sad to see what this topic has become.
reversalmushroom

Post by reversalmushroom » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:22 am

emu_kidid did give us an update. He said that it would be done "soon", but that "soon" means that if they were to actually work on it nonstop, but since they don't have too much time to work on it progress will be slow. I for one would say that the longer it takes to come out, the better. Think of it this way: if it still can't play you're favorite games properly you're gonna have to wait so long for the next update. And the work for that version won't even begin until they get done with the next version of WiiSX (they like to take turns). The wait might be excruciating but it'll increase the chances that they get it right this time. If Wii64 lags AT ALL I'm not gonna use it; I only play with emulators that run flawlessly.
Last edited by reversalmushroom on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:14 am

Dude, seriously... What kind of reply is that. Its people who make stupid comments like this that DEMOTIVATE authors of fine software such as this.

Bottom line is wiisx/wii64 team or any other author of any emulator out there, dont OWE you jack shit. They release the stuff they create out of the goodness to share what they've done with others.

Seriously, I want to punch you in the face.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 am

Ashen wrote: Seriously, I want to punch you in the face.
haha well said :)