Wii64 2012

All Wii64 related discussions here
reversalmushroom

Re: Wii64 2012

Post by reversalmushroom » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:52 am

:o Whoa, what post were you reading? If that was supposed to be a joke it wasn't funny. I was talking about why it's better to have patience and yeah, I was pointing out how long it's been because I'm really excited about it, but not once was I like "why don't they go faster so I can play it?" I can see how that joke I made about fans dying before Wii64 comes out could be taken the wrong way since you don't know me or my sense of humor, which is why it's not there anymore. Sometimes I do things without realizing how stupid they are, and then when it hits me for the rest of my life I have to live with the knowledge that I actually did those things and I actually used to think that they made sense. I know Wii64 doesn't belong to me. I know that they can work on it when they want to work on it. And I don't think that they're being lazy either. I believe that they're doing the best they can, and even if they weren't, I still wouldn't have any grounds to complain because like you so eloquently put it, they don't owe us anything, it belongs to them and them alone, and they're working on it out of the kindness of their hearts. What they're doing is a form of art that they selflessly create solely for our enjoyment. I thought I spelled that out for you last time. When I was remarking about the time it's taking to complete, I was saying it not out of selfishness, but as a statement of fact. Me complaining about them personally would be like if I said "emu_kidid needs to get off his @$$ and finish Wii64", which I wasn't doing at all. It is a fact that it has been over 2 years. Simply acknowledging this or pointing it out does not mean that I'm complaining about it, or even that I think badly of emu_kidid, sepp256, and tehpola. I was predicting that since Wii64 will have taken 2+ years to make, and WiiSX has a similar amount of work to be done, it will also take 2+ years to make. So logically the next Wii64 would come out roughly 6 years from now. It's like saying that since the NES came out in 1983, the SNES came out in 1990, the N64 came out in 1996, the Gamecube came out in 2001, the Wii came out in 2006, and the WiiU will come out in 2012, that logically the console after the WiiU will come out in 2018. Or does that prediction offend you? I think 6 years is a good reason to hope that the games play correctly in this version. And yeah, I wish Wii64 would be finished, but who doesn't? Lots of people do. I think even the developers wish it was done, and there is nothing wrong with me wishing for Wii64. That's all I was doing. That is not the same thing as calling the Wii64 team lazy and being ungrateful, which evidently you think I did. Plenty of other people have expressed their excitement in these threads and you didn't say anything to them. Was there actually a reason that you decided to pick on just me and no one else? Or that you decided that it's okay for other people to want Wii64 but it's not okay for me, reversalmushroom, to want Wii64? Based on your reaction I seriously think that maybe you're illiterate and you had to have someone read my comment to you and then type a response for you. You need to stick with what you're good at which is building portable Gamecubes because it's clearly not your critical thinking skills. Or Your manners.

PS - I hate laggy emulators. It's nothing against emu_kidid, sepp256, and tehpola. It's just that I can't stand lagging gameplay. It doesn't mean that I think they did a bad job, or that I'm angry with them because it's not the emulator that I wish it was; it's a personal choice. I know there isn't anything wrong with Wii64 not yet being finished, and I will gladly wait until it is.

PPS - And shame on you for encouraging his behavior, emukidid. :x
Who would win in a fight between you and yo mama?
KirovAir

Post by KirovAir » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:51 am

The points you are getting at don't make any sense. It's a big story of nonsense. I'd happily believe you are very young (or, retarded) but the correct English vocabulary is keeping me in doubt.
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."
Metroid

Post by Metroid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:07 pm

reversalmushroom wrote::o Whoa, what post were you reading? If that was supposed to be a joke it wasn't funny. I was talking about why it's better to have patience and yeah, I was pointing out how long it's been because I'm really excited about it, but not once was I like "why don't they go faster so I can play it?" I can see how that joke I made about fans dying before Wii64 comes out could be taken the wrong way since you don't know me or my sense of humor, which is why it's not there anymore. Sometimes I do things without realizing how stupid they are, and then when it hits me for the rest of my life I have to live with the knowledge that I actually did those things and I actually used to think that they made sense. I know Wii64 doesn't belong to me. I know that they can work on it when they want to work on it. And I don't think that they're being lazy either. I believe that they're doing the best they can, and even if they weren't, I still wouldn't have any grounds to complain because like you so eloquently put it, they don't owe us anything, it belongs to them and them alone, and they're working on it out of the kindness of their hearts. What they're doing is a form of art that they selflessly create solely for our enjoyment. I thought I spelled that out for you last time. When I was remarking about the time it's taking to complete, I was saying it not out of selfishness, but as a statement of fact. Me complaining about them personally would be like if I said "emu_kidid needs to get off his @$$ and finish Wii64", which I wasn't doing at all. It is a fact that it has been over 2 years. Simply acknowledging this or pointing it out does not mean that I'm complaining about it, or even that I think badly of emu_kidid, sepp256, and tehpola. I was predicting that since Wii64 will have taken 2+ years to make, and WiiSX has a similar amount of work to be done, it will also take 2+ years to make. So logically the next Wii64 would come out roughly 6 years from now. It's like saying that since the NES came out in 1983, the SNES came out in 1990, the N64 came out in 1996, the Gamecube came out in 2001, the Wii came out in 2006, and the WiiU will come out in 2012, that logically the console after the WiiU will come out in 2018. Or does that prediction offend you? I think 6 years is a good reason to hope that the games play correctly in this version. And yeah, I wish Wii64 would be finished, but who doesn't? Lots of people do. I think even the developers wish it was done, and there is nothing wrong with me wishing for Wii64. That's all I was doing. That is not the same thing as calling the Wii64 team lazy and being ungrateful, which evidently you think I did. Plenty of other people have expressed their excitement in these threads and you didn't say anything to them. Was there actually a reason that you decided to pick on just me and no one else? Or that you decided that it's okay for other people to want Wii64 but it's not okay for me, reversalmushroom, to want Wii64? Based on your reaction I seriously think that maybe you're illiterate and you had to have someone read my comment to you and then type a response for you. You need to stick with what you're good at which is building portable Gamecubes because it's clearly not your critical thinking skills. Or Your manners.

PS - I hate laggy emulators. It's nothing against emu_kidid, sepp256, and tehpola. It's just that I can't stand lagging gameplay. It doesn't mean that I think they did a bad job, or that I'm angry with them because it's not the emulator that I wish it was; it's a personal choice. I know there isn't anything wrong with Wii64 not yet being finished, and I will gladly wait until it is.

PPS - And shame on you for encouraging his behavior, emukidid. :x
Just take it easy. The emulator have to take its time to get finished. emu_kidid and the gang don't prioritize the emulator because they got their lifes to take care of.

If you can't wait, then I suggest you to make your own emulator, and see how easy it is to make one and living your life (if you got one that is).

Take care!
pr0ton

Post by pr0ton » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:52 pm

Just maybe Ashen was referring to adt1340 :roll:. Only reversalmushroom has given his vision on how he perceives open source development, maybe an alternate vision, but not a demanding vision, to me at least..

"If Wii64 lags AT ALL I'm not gonna use it; I only play with emulators that run flawlessly.": that sounded a little irritated perhaps :lol:.
DOL-001&DOL-101 <- PAL
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Ah, no. No mistake, I was definately reffering to reversalheads OP BEFORE he edited it to make it sound only slightly less demanding/annoying.

Honestly this thread has gone from already terrible to way worse and its got nowhere to go but down further. So yea, gonna lock this up. If anyone want to continue the pissing match it can be done in PM form.

Move along, move along.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks for locking this, i would've done the same, but i was on vacation. You guy need to seriously shut the hell up and nobody fucking cares if you will use the emulator or not.
I can definetly see how Ashen lost his temper, i'm close to that reading those shitty comments all the time.

Bottom line.

-----------------
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm