Not64 - an experimental modification

All Wii64 related discussions here
Nintendo Maniac 64

Re: Not64 - an experimental modification

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:13 pm

magic_sam wrote:There's no music in-game, only engine sounds...
With 3 & 4 players this is as intended - it even happens on a real N64. The reason is that the N64 did not have a dedicated audio processor so it had to use the main CPU, and so MK64 disabled music in order to free up CPU resources.

Theoretically someone could make a cheat code to force music to play in 3 & 4 players, but AFAIK nobody has ever done this sadly...
nakata

Post by nakata » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:28 am

Does that mean that turning sound off in Not64 menu would give a speed boost in gameplay? I gotta try that later.
BTW, speaking of sound, i've noticed that turning ScalePitch ON makes the game in general to run (much) smoother but sound is really distorted :(
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:59 pm

nakata wrote:Does that mean that turning sound off in Not64 menu would give a speed boost in gameplay? I gotta try that later.
The N64 didn't have a dedicated audio processor so all sounds and music had to be done by the main CPU.
nakata wrote:BTW, speaking of sound, i've noticed that turning ScalePitch ON makes the game in general to run (much) smoother but sound is really distorted :(
...really? It's smoother? I never noticed that in testing, but I hardly did any testing with ScalePitch on due to said distortion.
duros

Post by duros » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:10 am

BlastCorps Playable?

I love you forever. Thank You.
Love,
Me
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Please can you add the Jabo Direct3D8 plugin? Cruis'n Exotica don't work with the single available plugin, and also other games can benefit from that plugin, is possible I think, this emulator is based from Mupen and Mupen can use that plugin if you put it into the plugins drive.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Direct3D is not an option on Wii.
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:25 am

emu_kidid wrote:Direct3D is not an option on Wii.
Is a sin... :( Then not is possible emulate Cruis'n Exotica? :( Isn't possible implement the compatibility?

P.S. Cruis'n World work fine, but is a bit slow, expecially with the textures filter. Is possible optimize the emulation speed?
manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:54 am

While we're talking about porting plugins... Extrems wrote "Rewrite RSP using Paired Singles". Will this mean more ucodes thus more games and working sound on the "Eurocom 5". 007TWINE Hydro Thunder, Gauntlet, Tarzan, Rugrats.

I only ask because there may be a much easier way. Porting the Azimer HLE Audio Plugin 0.56 WIP2 which is just 20kb. Surely from its small size this would be MUCH easier to implement, right?
Sintendo

Post by Sintendo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:53 pm

manic.blood wrote:While we're talking about porting plugins... Extrems wrote "Rewrite RSP using Paired Singles". Will this mean more ucodes thus more games and working sound on the "Eurocom 5". 007TWINE Hydro Thunder, Gauntlet, Tarzan, Rugrats.

I only ask because there may be a much easier way. Porting the Azimer HLE Audio Plugin 0.56 WIP2 which is just 20kb. Surely from its small size this would be MUCH easier to implement, right?
All that particular line means is faster emulation. Shouldn't affect compatibility.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:01 pm

manic.blood wrote:While we're talking about porting plugins... Extrems wrote "Rewrite RSP using Paired Singles". Will this mean more ucodes thus more games and working sound on the "Eurocom 5". 007TWINE Hydro Thunder, Gauntlet, Tarzan, Rugrats.
I have no intent to reverse-engineer the MusyX microcode.
manic.blood wrote:I only ask because there may be a much easier way. Porting the Azimer HLE Audio Plugin 0.56 WIP2 which is just 20kb. Surely from its small size this would be MUCH easier to implement, right?
Mupen64's HLE is based off Azimer's.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Extrems wrote:I have no intent to reverse-engineer the MusyX microcode.
So like I theorized earlier, our best bet for improved compatibility would be via the documentation that comes out of the CEN64 emulator project?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Your best bet for RSP HLE is Bobby Smiles.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:00 pm

Uh... you could have just said that you're not going to invest any time into improving compatibility... Like I said, it was merely a theory, which actually is a misnomer since it was technically a hypothesis.
dragonking725

Post by dragonking725 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:12 pm

For good documentation on the RSP, FatCat has a lot of documentation

http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=3739&page=44
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:16 pm

...and it's no surprise that the creator of CEN64 is extremely active in that topic as well.
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:26 pm

I still ask support for Cruis'n Exotica... :(
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Butterhands wrote:I still ask support for Cruis'n Exotica... :(
The problem is that, unlike the NES or SNES, the N64 isn't exactly a "solved" system. In other words, there currently is no single emulator or plugin that can accurately run every single N64 game, and therefore there is no reference implementation for maximum N64 compatibility - especially when those with high compatibility are completely closed source (Jabo's Direct3D comes to mind).

And that's without factoring in developer disinterest.
Butterhands

Post by Butterhands » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:44 pm

Sigh, I want also Exotica because in the WII the TV OUT of the Nintendo 64 games is of 480i, VS the 240p of the original Nintendo 64 TV OUT. I can see the difference also in a CRT, because the traffic cars are much harder to see with the 240p TV OUT and the graphic is worse. I prefer the 480i, I can enjoy the graphic of the old N64 games also with an HD LCD.
manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Damn. I assumed (wrongly) that from your vast work in the Audio side on ScalePitch and Limit FPS that fixed the crackly, croaky audio on most games. I thought MusyX seemed a natural progression to make. Although myself I have no idea how hard it would be to implement. I was just reading about such MusyX patches at code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/wiki/ReleasePage and thought that seemed the easiest way to add support for those 5 or so games. Sorry if I downplayed the hard work you have done.
ShadowOne333

Post by ShadowOne333 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:56 am

What happened?
Emulatemii site does not allow any more comments, and there has been no news whatsoever about an official release of Wii64 or an update for Not64.
It's odd to think about it but I think most of the scene for the Wii has died in it's majority.
dragonking725

Post by dragonking725 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:06 pm

ShadowOne333 wrote:What happened?
Emulatemii site does not allow any more comments, and there has been no news whatsoever about an official release of Wii64 or an update for Not64.
It's odd to think about it but I think most of the scene for the Wii has died in it's majority.

Just be careful asking those questions around here :mrgreen: Emulatemii Blog's host is having some server issues or some crap like that. I wouldn't count on it ever being updated.
NewFang

Post by NewFang » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:36 pm

What is the point of these threads, if anytime someone asks a question it is in danger of getting locked? I understand the devs have done us a nice favor by releasing any emulators at all and I am thrilled with what is released, I am NOT complaining. Fans are just anxious to hear of any progress or plans for future updates. I personally, do not expect it to go any further, just me. Anyway, it just seems ridiculous to shut down a thread anytime there is a progress related question. Emulatemii is dead silent, where else is there to go for information except here?

Also.... jokes about PMS are not funny. Period.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:12 pm

The point of this thread is to discuss Not64.

"These threads" are not automatically locked when someone makes an inquiry, as you say. They are only locked or cleaned up when things get out of hand, people start making demands, or feel entitled that they should have had updates yesterday, when really they/you/me are entitled to nothing.

Keep it clean and don't be annoyingly overbearing when asking about things and everything will be just peachy.

That all being said, this subject had been beaten to a bloody pulp. The original authors of these homebrew's have repeatedly stated that they are busy IRL, have little free time and have other higher priorities. So, while these projects are not "dead", don't expect updates anytime soon either.

In the meantime, Extrems has made this nice modification that address's some issues and adds some new features to Wii64. Please enjoy it, and don't forget to thank him and the original authors for the time they have devoted and hard work put into these emu's so we can all enjoy them.
univa

Post by univa » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:47 am

It would be good to ask the support team of Dolphin Emulator to improve both the Wii64 as Not64. :roll:
Nintendero of heart until death i snatched from them.

Shujaz

Post by Shujaz » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Is there any Classic Controller Pro support enabled version? I have been looking for days, and I really just want to be able to play on my vWii. I've tried the official Wii64, I've tried the latest version of Not64, I've even tried matguitarman's 3rd party classic controller mod to no avail, if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I have noticed that WiiSX does have support for the Classic Controller Pro, maybe this can be taken from that and implemented into Not64?