Not64 - an experimental modification

All Wii64 related discussions here
LaidCUE

Re: Not64 - an experimental modification

Post by LaidCUE » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Patience is a virtue. Therefore, BE PATIENT!! I hope these little impatient brats don't ruin the chances of a wii64 update. Keep doing what you are doing emukidid.
nakata

Post by nakata » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:43 am

LaidCUE wrote:Patience is a virtue. Therefore, BE PATIENT!! I hope these little impatient brats don't ruin the chances of a wii64 update. Keep doing what you are doing emukidid.
+1
Its great to see that there is still work being done by the team.
To all the naysayers, well yeah i'd like it at a faster pace too, but just like IRL goods, i respect and am thankful for what we got already.

On another note, my playcount for Wii64 has just exceeded 1000 times, according to my USB loader GX.
That goes to show how much this emu is worth, at least to me. ;)
LaidCUE

Post by LaidCUE » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:51 am

nakata wrote:
LaidCUE wrote:Patience is a virtue. Therefore, BE PATIENT!! I hope these little impatient brats don't ruin the chances of a wii64 update. Keep doing what you are doing emukidid.
+1
Its great to see that there is still work being done by the team.
To all the naysayers, well yeah i'd like it at a faster pace too, but just like IRL goods, i respect and am thankful for what we got already.

On another note, my playcount for Wii64 has just exceeded 1000 times, according to my USB loader GX.
That goes to show how much this emu is worth, at least to me. ;)
Thats a big playcount!!!! how can you view your playcount?
nakata

Post by nakata » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Enable the playcount option from USB loader GX settings, that's all :)
Everytime you play a Wii/VC/GC game or a channel, GX will add to that game's playcount.
univa

Post by univa » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:47 pm

emu_kidid

It is a pity that this project is more than dead and it is holding the hope in users of Nintendo, if not they plan to work on this Emulator do not already know to expect anything.

Already van 8 years of waiting for Wii64 and nothing.

Thank you for your understanding.
Nintendero of heart until death i snatched from them.

tueidj

Post by tueidj » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:30 am

8 years? So not only did you have a wii in 2005, it was able to run homebrew code too?
bearteam

Post by bearteam » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:12 am

tueidj wrote:8 years? So not only did you have a wii in 2005, it was able to run homebrew code too?
Wii64 starts from a GameCube port.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:27 am

SVN starts at the end of 2007 and I strongly doubt the gamecube port was called "Wii64".
univa

Post by univa » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:39 am

Let us hope that emu_kidid tell us whether the project will continue Wii64 and if he would come out any version or not to continue waiting, that was already too much waiting does not believe?

baldjared

Post by baldjared » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:11 am

emu_kidid has said as recently as 6 days ago that he's still working on it, apparently him telling you whether he's still working on it or not won't stop you from calling it dead or whining about how long you've had to wait for free software, or did you just not see that post because complaining was easier than going back 1 page and reading what he said, or is it just that 6 days is way too long ago and you've been waiting a whole 6 days for him to update and in those 6 days it must have died? Feel free to believe it's dead if you want I'm pretty sure emu_kidid will lose exactly 0 hours worth of sleep over it.

But, no, seriously, I'm entirely sure your complaints will speed up development, they're totally helpful and an awesome motivator. :roll:

God damn I'm so glad I'm not a developer.
univa

Post by univa » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:47 am

baldjared wrote:emu_kidid has said as recently as 6 days ago that he's still working on it, apparently him telling you whether he's still working on it or not won't stop you from calling it dead or whining about how long you've had to wait for free software, or did you just not see that post because complaining was easier than going back 1 page and reading what he said, or is it just that 6 days is way too long ago and you've been waiting a whole 6 days for him to update and in those 6 days it must have died? Feel free to believe it's dead if you want I'm pretty sure emu_kidid will lose exactly 0 hours worth of sleep over it.

But, no, seriously, I'm entirely sure your complaints will speed up development, they're totally helpful and an awesome motivator. :roll:

God damn I'm so glad I'm not a developer.

Son i had to buy a Nintendo 64 real and i'm buying the Wii64 cartridges that cannot by that this seems to be a never-ending story. :roll:

baldjared

Post by baldjared » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:08 am

I'm sorry you had to buy stuff and contribute to the economy instead of getting it for free, it's a real drag isn't it? You're clearly a victim here.

...and with this I'm done sarcastically responding to someone who I'm fairly confident is just another "the_randomizer" account.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:03 am

i imagine this thread will close soon...
nothing mentioned in this thread over the last few pages has had anything to do with Not64, but rather a lot of crying and whining about wii64...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:54 pm

I've been using Not 64 for a long time and have noticed that with the improvements of "Limit FPS" in the Audio Settings, the croaky tinny audio now sounds great for many many games, all of the 30 or so I regularly play e.g. Rocket and Ms. Pacman. I must say that for me this is the best feature of Not 64 as without those games had lost their soul and just felt unplayable.

This makes me curious as to what improvements a new core would add. Many games run fine theres only a few ucodes unsupported and a lack of MusyXAudio. All i all I don't see the project being completed without having to pay for it. I would gladly pay £20 for a version with these features just as I did when PJ64 came out I think most people would, right???
univa

Post by univa » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:01 am

I won't pay anything for Wii64 ever, paid only by the Hardware oiginal. XD

baldjared

Post by baldjared » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:48 am

So you feel entitled to complain but you won't make a donation/pay for the software ever, that's awesome, that's not a ridiculous sense of entitlement at all. Use the original hardware you paid for and complain to nintendo if you have any problems, they were paid to care.
manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:07 am

I in no way meant to offend, as of today I've donated $20 to the effort. What I meant was that without financial reward there is no incentive for authors to work, it was only a recommendation of what the PJ64 team did.

I now realise what I said was confusing and was in no way meant to be offensive
Vague Rant

Post by Vague Rant » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:51 pm

I'd say PJ64 is really an example of how not to do things. A minimum "donation" exchanged for a product is just a sale. If people want to turn their hobbyist projects into a business, that's their decision, but considering how shitty people already are when Wii64 is free and the devs don't owe anybody anything, imagine how much worse it'd be if they'd paid for it.

Right now, the project is a labor of love which some people feel deserves the benefit of their donations, which is ideal. A donation should be a donation. If there's a price and the donor is getting something concrete in return (in this example, yes, a piece of software is "concrete", don't be a pedant), they're not making a donation, they're making a purchase.

Mixing these up is just trying to have your cake and eat it too. "We'll sell you this product, but we're not running a business so if it doesn't meet your expectations then too bad, this is a hobby project we do for fun." It's disingenuous, pick one. And if your lives outside of the project prevent you from adequately providing a paid service, then why invite the pressure of starting one?

Better to run a hobby project as a hobby project, on your own terms and your own schedule. Anyone who complains can be told to stow it and any donations are a matter of charity. The project will (or won't) be done whenever there's sufficient time and desire.
baldjared

Post by baldjared » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:01 pm

manic.blood wrote:I in no way meant to offend, as of today I've donated $20 to the effort. What I meant was that without financial reward there is no incentive for authors to work, it was only a recommendation of what the PJ64 team did.

I now realise what I said was confusing and was in no way meant to be offensive
Dude, not you, I guess I should have quoted, everything I said was directed at univa, sorry for the misunderstanding.
mackattack

Post by mackattack » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:08 am

Vague Rant wrote:I'd say PJ64 is really an example of how not to do things. A minimum "donation" exchanged for a product is just a sale. If people want to turn their hobbyist projects into a business, that's their decision, but considering how shitty people already are when Wii64 is free and the devs don't owe anybody anything, imagine how much worse it'd be if they'd paid for it.

Right now, the project is a labor of love which some people feel deserves the benefit of their donations, which is ideal. A donation should be a donation. If there's a price and the donor is getting something concrete in return (in this example, yes, a piece of software is "concrete", don't be a pedant), they're not making a donation, they're making a purchase.

Mixing these up is just trying to have your cake and eat it too. "We'll sell you this product, but we're not running a business so if it doesn't meet your expectations then too bad, this is a hobby project we do for fun." It's disingenuous, pick one. And if your lives outside of the project prevent you from adequately providing a paid service, then why invite the pressure of starting one?

Better to run a hobby project as a hobby project, on your own terms and your own schedule. Anyone who complains can be told to stow it and any donations are a matter of charity. The project will (or won't) be done whenever there's sufficient time and desire.

Funny you should mention PJ64, at least with the donations made for the PJ64 beta, it's making a fair amount of progress. Wii 64 on the other hand, is just like the alleged Zsnes 2.0 we've been hearing so much about; they talk the talk, but do they walk the walk? Real life gets in the way, that happens, but people really shouldn't make a cryptic post "keep watching (no sarcasm)" and then go all silent and not follow through with said post. Should such trends continue, we will all know that to be a steaming pile of bullshit.

Univa is right.

I'm not demanding a release date to be announced, etc, what I am trying to figure out is the logic behind such posts that emukidid made. They're cryptic and have no meaning. Wait for what, look for what? No sarcasm for what? As far as I'm concerned, the mods and devs are apathetic.
tysonrss

Post by tysonrss » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:41 am

I'd be fair in my opinion here if only the author was serious about telling the truth on developing the emulator. I'm not gonna kiss ass here, but I'm not gonna go on a bashing spree either, I don't even have my Wii anymore(mostly because I was being teased about an eventual release for this emulator). So to me, I could care less what happens. I will say it's a shame to let all the hard work go to waste. In that same instance, it's not only fair to your supporters emukid, but it's also pretty pathetic to get their hopes when you know damn well yourself that there won't be an release anytime in the distant future, or possibly even at all. There's been rumors that you bailed out on this and went to the PS3/Wii-U. Not sure if they are true. As for the guy that donated, its quite sad to see your money wasted, it'll probably go toward a used game.
mackattack

Post by mackattack » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:33 am

tysonrss wrote:I'd be fair in my opinion here if only the author was serious about telling the truth on developing the emulator. I'm not gonna kiss ass here, but I'm not gonna go on a bashing spree either, I don't even have my Wii anymore(mostly because I was being teased about an eventual release for this emulator). So to me, I could care less what happens. I will say it's a shame to let all the hard work go to waste. In that same instance, it's not only fair to your supporters emukid, but it's also pretty pathetic to get their hopes when you know damn well yourself that there won't be an release anytime in the distant future, or possibly even at all. There's been rumors that you bailed out on this and went to the PS3/Wii-U. Not sure if they are true. As for the guy that donated, its quite sad to see your money wasted, it'll probably go toward a used game.

And like I said in an earlier post, PJ64 gets donations and even that has signs of being alive. That says a lot seeing as it was thought to be dead for the past four years or so. But a lot of work has been done behind the scenes (as I'm an alpha tester for the emulator) and is just now getting more active. :mrgreen: Sad that Wii64's activity is largely unknown, and yeah, self-entitlement or not, that isn't the issue, the issue is that one does not simply get other peoples' hopes up only to have it end up being a cock-tease. It's a real shame. The author wants supporters? I see nothing wrong with him wanting that as it helps motivate, but if he's going to say something and then not do it, that's called hypocrisy IIRC. Anyway, I'm done here, I'm with you as I too have long since stopped caring about this motherf**ing waiting game. If it gets released, great, if not, we should form a team to be sure to spread the word as to why cock-teasing and getting peoples' hopes up is wrong? You in?

Say, do you think I should post a video saying why PJ64 is infinitely better than this? :lol:

So yeah. Feel our wrath!
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:26 am

...and you guys wonder why EmulateMii is all locked up...nothing useful but a bunch of cry baby whiners wanting handouts
take your cry baby whining elsewhere
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image