Not64 - an experimental modification

All Wii64 related discussions here
turntablez123

Re: Not64 - an experimental modification

Post by turntablez123 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 am

I was wondering if someone could help me with the install. There are some files in it I am unfamiliar with their location. Where do you place the files...

cube64.dol

source.patch

I am not sure?? Also.... do we keep the files in the wii64/roms folder from the last release Wii64 Beta 1.1 Honey???

fcube.v64

wii64.z64

Thank you. Any input is appreciated.

Todd
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:24 am

The Not64/Wii64 archives are provided in such a state that you just need to extract them AS THEY ARE to your SD device.
turntablez123

Post by turntablez123 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:45 am

ok.... I was just curious. I thought so but wanted to be sure. so the files..

cube64.dol

source.patch

i put in the root of my SD card. Do I still keep these in the roms folder though? Or do I delete them?

fcube.v64

wii64.z64

Thanks again!
sabandellos

Post by sabandellos » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 am

Nobody notice that a new Not64 r20121216 is out a few days ago?

https://twitter.com/SoloEmuladores/stat ... 9201771520

click the "old" link
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:34 am

The update is a rebuild, and the last based on Beta 1.1 'Honey'.
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Extrems wrote:The update is a rebuild, and the last based on Beta 1.1 'Honey'.
Is there a change list of what's been fixed/updated? Have you looked into the Hybrid Heaven camera issue (climbing ladders)?
"Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."

Homer Simpson
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Essentially nothing changed outside of devkitRice's libOGC and Newlibc.

The previous update allowed switching between pure interpreter and dynamic recompiler on the fly.
Switch to pure interpreter when mounting ladders if you're desperate to play this game.
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Extrems wrote:Essentially nothing changed outside of devkitRice's libOGC and Newlibc.

The previous update allowed switching between pure interpreter and dynamic recompiler on the fly.
Switch to pure interpreter when mounting ladders if you're desperate to play this game.
Do you think that issue will ever be fixed using the dynamic as opposed to relying wholly on the interpreter core? I know it's not the game (as other emulators don't have that issue), no one's fault but Mupen64 itself.
"Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."

Homer Simpson
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:08 am

Just registered to say that I can't figure out how to get the "rompath" function/setting to work, specifically what text I'm supposed to put for it in the 'settings.CFG' file. It seems like no matter what I put I always get "Error opening directory" whether it's the SD card or USB drive.

For reference everything else about the emulator seems to work perfectly fine, so I haven't screwed up the configuration or file placement.
JPnintendo

Post by JPnintendo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:12 am

Hello! THANK YOU! I played banjo kazooie in "honey" (I have all pieces and all eggs and the key of "stop "n" swop") And now I am playing tooei on not64. It works 100% with no errors (only the shadow than is missing) but, it works smoothy both video and sound.
I only get 1 code dump in 5 hours playing it.
The game freeze only in a specific part of the first level (I´ll try the "U" version I am using the (E) )
Thanks, and cheers!
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:13 am

Is there any way to map a GameCube controller and a wiimote to the same player, similar to how the virtual console does it?

In particular, my father likes using a GameCube controller while I prefer the classic controller pro. This means that we have to change which controller is set for Player 1 every single time the other person wants to play something in single-player.

Also I still can't get the "rompath" setting to work.
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:Is there any way to map a GameCube controller and a wiimote to the same player, similar to how the virtual console does it?

In particular, my father likes using a GameCube controller while I prefer the classic controller pro. This means that we have to change which controller is set for Player 1 every single time the other person wants to play something in single-player.

Also I still can't get the "rompath" setting to work.
You can't, you can only set one controller type per one controller slot at a time. You can't have two different controllers used in Player 1 at the same time. You'll have to swap back and forth each time unfortunately.

Homer Simpson
julius

Post by julius » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Do you have guys the file of the previous release around there? I downloaded the last biuld and erased the previous one, and now the new one gives me an error in my gamecube.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:Just registered to say that I can't figure out how to get the "rompath" function/setting to work, specifically what text I'm supposed to put for it in the 'settings.CFG' file.
rompath = "[sd,usb]:/path/to/file"
julius wrote:Do you have guys the file of the previous release around there? I downloaded the last biuld and erased the previous one, and now the new one gives me an error in my gamecube.
No, this must be fixed.
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Do you think games like Hybrid Heaven will ever be fixed (the whole ladder issue, etc)?

Homer Simpson
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:23 am

Extrems wrote: rompath = "[sd,usb]:/path/to/file"
This was the cause of the issue. Thanks!

Another question, is there a way to make a separate Wii64 directory for multiple copies of Not64? This would allow two things:

1. Auto-load different games directly from the homebrew channel
2. have different control mappings for those games
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:47 am

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:1. Auto-load different games directly from the homebrew channel
2. have different control mappings for those games
In meta.xml:

Code: Select all

<arguments>
		<arg>LoadButtonSlot = [0-3]</arg>
		<arg>rompath = "[sd,usb]:/path/to/file"</arg>
	</arguments>
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Guess I should have asked that then.

Homer Simpson
julius

Post by julius » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:21 pm

julius wrote:Do you have guys the file of the previous release around there? I downloaded the last biuld and erased the previous one, and now the new one gives me an error in my gamecube.
I tried again to load it in a different way and now works. The matter that some of the gamecube homebrew seems to save the current configuration of the gamecube when it loads for first time and if you try to use that dol you must have the same configuration:the first time I loaded the latest Not64 build I only used one sd gecko with one micro sd and when I tried again I was using two sd geckos with two micro sd (my normal configuration for the Mplayer), so next time I want to play n64 I have to take it in mind.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:45 pm

I changed the device mounting a while back to prefer Slot-B over Slot-A as it conflicts with the BBA and such.
Minimalos

Post by Minimalos » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:49 am

Hi. I'm new here and first of all I must say that I'm very happy and glad with all the team that work on Wii64/Not64 and WiiSx for all they've already accomplished.

Anyway, I read in another thread that another version of Not64 can switch between Interpreter and Dynarec (Also Extrems said it here), and also read that Castlevania 64 can be started on Interpreter and then inside the game switch to Dynarec and "voilà" runs great.

So, ¿i don't know if its possible? and if it is ¿what version does that and where can i download it? In the last build, when I did that it freezes...
Thanks. ;)
Sorry for the bad spell I'm Mexican. :mrgreen:
ShadowOne333

Post by ShadowOne333 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:10 am

Minimalos wrote:Anyway, I read in another thread that another version of Not64 can switch between Interpreter and Dynarec (Also Extrems said it here), and also read that Castlevania 64 can be started on Interpreter and then inside the game switch to Dynarec and "voilà" runs great.

So, ¿i don't know if its possible? and if it is ¿what version does that and where can i download it? In the last build, when I did that it freezes...
Thanks. ;)
Sorry for the bad spell I'm Mexican. :mrgreen:
Hi Minimalos.

Perhaps you read my post in the other thread.
Indeed, both Castlevanias for N64 freeze upon switching to Dynarec.

If you try to change from Interpreter to Dynarec, the game runs fine, but after some seconds the game will freeze.
Although, I have noticed that it occurs only in specific places, you can maybe know where the freeze happens, play that part in interpreter and then switch to dynarec.

You can try out those options, I will wait for a possible little update to Not64 or even Wii64 to see if that problem gets fixed.
Minimalos

Post by Minimalos » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Minimalos wrote:
ShadowOne333 wrote: Hi Minimalos.

Perhaps you read my post in the other thread.
Indeed, both Castlevanias for N64 freeze upon switching to Dynarec.

If you try to change from Interpreter to Dynarec, the game runs fine, but after some seconds the game will freeze.
Although, I have noticed that it occurs only in specific places, you can maybe know where the freeze happens, play that part in interpreter and then switch to dynarec.

You can try out those options, I will wait for a possible little update to Not64 or even Wii64 to see if that problem gets fixed.
Oooh Well, thanks for the reply :) I thought it works normal (You know, except for some missing textures and glitches), but I'll try what you're saying. But, ¿Can this last build switch between those two modes? or ¿Which version does that? And yeah I'm waiting for a newer version too so sooooo badly xD
No complains thou
ShadowOne333

Post by ShadowOne333 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:48 am

Minimalos wrote:Oooh Well, thanks for the reply :) I thought it works normal (You know, except for some missing textures and glitches), but I'll try what you're saying. But, ¿Can this last build switch between those two modes? or ¿Which version does that? And yeah I'm waiting for a newer version too so sooooo badly xD
No complains thou
No actual build can switch between those two modes automatically.

What I did is start the rom with Interpreter, then when I finally got to the gameplay part, I pressed X+Y (which takes you back to Not64's Menu) and then changed the compiler to Dynarec manually in Settings.
Looks nice and made me look all hyped out to know it could run well by doing that, but that was short lived since the game freezes after a while.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Extrems wrote: In meta.xml:

Code: Select all

<arguments>
		[b]<arg>LoadButtonSlot = [0-3]</arg>[/b]
		<arg>rompath = "[sd,usb]:/path/to/file"</arg>
	</arguments>
I think there may be some bugginess with the "LoadButtonSlot" argument. It seemed like no matter what I set the argument to, the Wii64/Not64 default control mapping was used. I haven't really tested it much to see when specifically it doesn't work since I was in a hurry, but setting the argument to "1" and making all 4 button sets be copies of the same thing did make it work.

For reference, what I would expect to work is setting "LoadButtonSlot" to 0 to have it load custom button set 1, which originally was the only button set I customized. This however didn't work, even though the setting works via the settings.cfg file.