Not64 - an experimental modification

All Wii64 related discussions here
nakata

Re: Not64 - an experimental modification

Post by nakata » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:44 am

@king666 Nothing permanent to do yet man, just mostly avoid long contact with the vines (this happens mostly when near their top, near the rotating thingie they hang from) and use savestates often. BTW, one of the savestates i provided is right in front of a set of vines you use at the DK Island hub, when going towards the unlocked 2nd stage. Practice :)

@ShadowOne333 IDK, i pause and then when the game is on pause screen then i hit the Not64 menu and quicksave. I t works fine in DK. Quicksave broke for GoldenEye and Perfect Dark in the latest update, for me at least. It was working until then.
tysonrss

Post by tysonrss » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm interested in only a few games.

The last release made Ocarina of Time worse, not better. FPS dropped and sound was horrible. And the lens of truth problem in Majroa's Mask wasn't fixed, so I don't want to waste my time downloading the new update if these problems are not fixed. If I'm rude, I apologize, are these issues fixed?

And what of the Pokemon Stadium series?
king666

Post by king666 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:48 am

Which version of the rom "Pilotwigs 64" runs best in this latest version? :roll:
Nintendero of heart until death i snatched from them.

Favorite Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYIjkmVj ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqLYjRn--GI
nakata

Post by nakata » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:40 pm

I use the (U) [!] version although it sometimes stutters and has the shadow glitch. It is playable, but not smooth all times. BTW, know that there is a Pilotwings 64 inject wad out there, keep an eye out for it
tysonrss

Post by tysonrss » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Is Conker still a no go?
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:54 pm

tysonrss wrote:Is Conker still a no go?
The game uses custom microcode and is very difficult to emulate. PJ64 does it, but only with the right plugin.
"Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."

Homer Simpson
tysonrss

Post by tysonrss » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:00 pm

What about the Lens of Truth problem in Majora's Mask? I was going to test by my save file was gone :(
nakata

Post by nakata » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Check page 10 and grab a MM savegame.
Conker just boots with interpreter mode IIRC, but that's it for now. Hopefully the talented extrems and the wii64 team will further evolve Not64/Wii64.
king666

Post by king666 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:24 am

nakata wrote:I use the (U) [!] version although it sometimes stutters and has the shadow glitch. It is playable, but not smooth all times. BTW, know that there is a Pilotwings 64 inject wad out there, keep an eye out for it
Pilotwings 64 injected. This is the one i got but they have a problem with the Audio.

It is region USA

http://www.NOWAREZ

Try it out for you to confirm the pass several facets until the sound is heard grated.

The game starts well sounds good audio, but there comes a time in which the sound begins to listen, grated.

If you have or find a wad of Pilot Wings 64 without audio problem you advise please.

Greetings.

Favorite Videos

nakata

Post by nakata » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:44 am

Man, please DELETE the wad link. It is considered piracy!
BTW it is a bad inject. Check your pm's.
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:52 pm

king666 wrote:
nakata wrote:I use the (U) [!] version although it sometimes stutters and has the shadow glitch. It is playable, but not smooth all times. BTW, know that there is a Pilotwings 64 inject wad out there, keep an eye out for it
Pilotwings 64 injected. This is the one i got but they have a problem with the Audio.

It is region USA

http://www.NOWAREZ

Try it out for you to confirm the pass several facets until the sound is heard grated.

The game starts well sounds good audio, but there comes a time in which the sound begins to listen, grated.

If you have or find a wad of Pilot Wings 64 without audio problem you advise please.

Greetings.
Linking to a ROM/wad site? Really? There are rules here you know.
"Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."

Homer Simpson
nakata

Post by nakata » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Come on, he had fixed the link before you quoted him, give the guy a break :)

Anyways i managed to get Pokemon Stadium 2 (a 64MB rom no less, name Pokemon Stadium 2 (E) [!].z64 to be precise) running on the latest release. It has some glitches but is quite smooth. Once again, a big thanks for all the work so far by extrems on Not64 and the wii64 team.
tysonrss

Post by tysonrss » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:09 am

The only problem is the blinking during battles, and using FB textures messes it all up.
magic_sam

Post by magic_sam » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:34 am

Hi :)

Just registered to say thank you Extrems and the Wii64 team for that great emulator !

Only playing Zelda OOT at the moment, works great most of the time @ 20 FPS, with some graphical glitches...

@ Extrems: could you add a "take screenshot" feature in the next release ?

Bye, and thanks again !

Magic Sam
adt1340

Post by adt1340 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Just wanted to give a shout out to Extrems & the Wii64 crew! Great work! Perfect Dark was one of my favorite games years ago and now it's fairly playable! Pretty stoked about being able to play the single player campaign again :D Just wanted to say though that the screens flicker when trying to play multiplayer (This is the same with Goldeneye & Goldeneye X). Hopefully a future release will be able to fix this issue, so we can all have epic multiplayer games again in these games :D
nakata

Post by nakata » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Some more games to add or deduct to the list from page 10.

OUT:
MRC (Multi Racing Championship) shows only half the screen when in game. In the menus, it goes back to full screen. It used be full screen on previous versions.

Off road Challenge Same as above

Paper Mario runs great with FB textures on, but freezes after a while.

Indy Racing 2000 textures are all white

Winback Has some visual glitches (like a floating square) and the pause menu and options are unreadable

IN!:
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer is the opposite of MRC. It USED to have the above issue but now is full screen in the races! It can be playable (ie no glitches) if you get ahead of the pack quickly.

Pokemon Snap runs really well but it doesn't register the C,R and Z buttons when in the cart?!

Knockout Kings 2000 has some glitches but in the ring it is quite playable.

In Fisherman Bass Hunter 2, Blues Brothers 2000 also work. The latter has some slowdowns every now and then.

Knife Edge runs really fast, TOO fast to be precise :P

Some others working now include Road Rash 64, Scooby Doo & Wild Chopper.
Last edited by nakata on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Surfer_Clock

Post by Surfer_Clock » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:55 am

I had a memory dump for Duke Nukem 64, and it took me back to the loader! Amazing improvement over the last one. Also, Blitz 2000 is now playable, albeit with slowdown, but it's WAY better than before (where the game would freeze once the receiver got the ball)!
MaSSiVeRiCaN

Post by MaSSiVeRiCaN » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:59 pm

T'sup guys, I see there were several releases for NOT64 made after the "20121109". I saw there was a link for to a changelog for the latest one on page 7 but the pastebin seems to have been deleted. Any chance someone could post a changelog anywhere?
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:19 pm

:?: :?: :?:

Homer Simpson
king666

Post by king666 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:49 am

MaSSiVeRiCaN wrote:T'sup guys, I see there were several releases for NOT64 made after the "20121109". I saw there was a link for to a changelog for the latest one on page 7 but the pastebin seems to have been deleted. Any chance someone could post a changelog anywhere?
This is the version of the one you're talking about?

http://www.wii-homebrew.com/download/ni ... ren/not64/ ;)

Favorite Videos

nakata

Post by nakata » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:12 am

MaSSiVeRiCaN wrote:T'sup guys, I see there were several releases for NOT64 made after the "20121109". I saw there was a link for to a changelog for the latest one on page 7 but the pastebin seems to have been deleted. Any chance someone could post a changelog anywhere?
The absolute latest version has NAND virtual memory usage and the one before that (which is the one i use) is the same bar NAND usage, from my perspective.

Only change i can say for sure is that some games that weren't working before, now do while a few others that worked, now have issues (check pages 10 and 14). I wish i could be more helpful man. I am sure behind the scenes there have been changes made by extrems, but as an end user i can only say about the game performance.

==EDIT==
Just updated the list on page 10
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:04 pm

December 16, 2012
  • devkitRice: Optimized sqrt/memset.
February 2, 2013
  • Wii: Replaced ROM cache with NAND-backed VM.
  • Missed dynarec optimizations.
  • Ignore audio lists when disabled.
  • Fixed first frame being corrupt.
February 4, 2013
  • Updated 16k EEPROM list.
  • Fixed off-by-one error in glN64.
Genyus

Post by Genyus » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Hey guys, I recently found this awesome modification for Wii64 and I just want to say great job on keeping this up! My good 'ol Nintendo64 recently broke down and until I can find the time and money to buy a new one this is a good replacement. I just have a few questions, please don't take this the wrong way; I was wondering how active the support for this mod is? For example, Goldeneye is running decently on multiplayer right now (except for the flashing screen) and I'm just curious how long it takes to fix something like this and other games. (once again, not trying to say you guys are working too slow, heck I'm glad someone is at least doing this, just want to know what I can expect from feature releases)
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:53 pm

I don't know about normal GoldenEye, but for the Perfect Dark mod "GoldenEye X" if you turn on or off (whichever is not the default setting) framebuffer textures or something it reduces the flickering considerably.

EDIT: though at least for Perfect Dark/GoldenEye X, the body armor is practically useless since the shield effect blinds you whenever you're hit. Therefore it's a good idea to remove it from whatever weapon set chosen.

EDIT 2: Also for Perfect Dark/GoldenEye X, Turbo Mode helps a lot if things are running too slow, such as with 2 players + 4 bots.
nakata

Post by nakata » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Thank you Extrems for the changelog. By the way could i please ask if there are any recent developments/addition to the existing wii64/not64 core, or has the current version reached it's limit?

P.S.
2 more N64 games add to the working with Not64 list
Tamiya Racing 64 demo
Superman 64 beta