Wii64 and Not64 multiplayer issues

All Wii64 related discussions here
scroterot

Wii64 and Not64 multiplayer issues

Post by scroterot » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:51 am

Hello was wondering if anyone could help, seeing as the not64 page seems to be locked from any new posts. I have had no major issues with wii64 or Not64 on single player so far. However on goldeneye, perfect dark and quake 2 multiplayer is terrible. Using wii64 I've tried turning FB on/off and it just seems to switch which screen is constantly flashing, and Not64 had even worse results, especially with music and sfx. Split screen is obviously the issue, as multiplayer on wwf no mercy is fine. Has anyone experienced this or resolved it or are there alternative builds out there for the wii.

Thanks in advance.
LaidCUE

Re: Wii64 and Not64 multiplayer issues

Post by LaidCUE » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:26 pm

scroterot wrote:Hello was wondering if anyone could help, seeing as the not64 page seems to be locked from any new posts. I have had no major issues with wii64 or Not64 on single player so far. However on goldeneye, perfect dark and quake 2 multiplayer is terrible. Using wii64 I've tried turning FB on/off and it just seems to switch which screen is constantly flashing, and Not64 had even worse results, especially with music and sfx. Split screen is obviously the issue, as multiplayer on wwf no mercy is fine. Has anyone experienced this or resolved it or are there alternative builds out there for the wii.

Thanks in advance.

well the only way to fix perfect dark/goldeneye X is to turn the splitscreen view to vertical. it works way better that way.
scroterot

Post by scroterot » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Thanks for the advice but the sound and lag is still pretty bad on perfect dark (couldn't find an option to change to vertical on goldeneye). I just had a naive vision that due to the wii being more powerful than the n64 it would have NO ISSUES at all with emulating it. I guess I'll continue my project of building a fairly mid-low range gaming PC. "Goldeneye Source" (modified files of half life 2) is what the latest Goldeneye reloaded should have been, although it is purely multiplayer.
manic.blood

Post by manic.blood » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Thanks for the heads up with changing to vertical view for perfect dark. Never heard of that
goldeneye x before looks great tho