Wii64 in Gamecube mode on Wii

All Wii64 related discussions here
Johnny_Bigtime

Wii64 in Gamecube mode on Wii

Post by Johnny_Bigtime » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:47 am

Hey fellas, I'm sure I'm being retarded here, but... can Wii64 be launched on a Wii in Gamecube mode? I've searched around and I can't find any info.

The reason I ask is because of better performance.

I currently run Cube64 through SDML on a Wii with Drivekey 2.0. on the 4.3 firmware.

I have no clue how emulators work, so I thought I'd ask the pros.

And a big up for all those involved in creating these great emulators! It makes it easier when I had to store my original game systems this past weekend. *sheds tear*
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Wii64 in Gamecube mode on Wii

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:26 am

You can't run Wii64 on a Wii in Gamecube mode, but you can certainly run (as you have been) Cube64 on a Wii in Gamecube mode.

There is no advantage of running Cube64 in Gamecube mode on a Wii, in fact, you're missing out on a lot by not running Wii64 in Wii mode as intended! :P
Johnny_Bigtime

Post by Johnny_Bigtime » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks for the reply emu_kidid. That's what I figured. Do you know how to launch emulators via DVD through a drivekey or the like hardmodded? There is seriously nothing I can find on the InterWebs.

I've seen emu ISOs for Wii. But unsure how they work. I'm guessing this is how I can get Wii64 working.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:14 pm

You haven't heard about the Homebrew channel? http://hbc.hackmii.com/
Johnny_Bigtime

Post by Johnny_Bigtime » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:11 pm

HA! Fo sho! I just want to keep my original OS intact. I've always been a fan of hardmod and exploits that don't rewrite code. I don't have the loot to replace a system after I brick it from being retarded. :) Thanks for your replies.
KirovAir

Post by KirovAir » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:45 am

Believe me, the homebrew channel modifies zero code on your system, and it's easy to delete it afterwards. It only adds a custom channel, with an exploit. Nothing is patched in any way, it simply can't go wrong. :P
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."
_Nold_

Post by _Nold_ » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:57 am

KirovAir wrote:Believe me, the homebrew channel modifies zero code on your system, and it's easy to delete it afterwards. It only adds a custom channel, with an exploit. Nothing is patched in any way, it simply can't go wrong. :P
You're right! Installing the HBC is basically the easiest thing in the world :D And it's really a great tool!
Wouldn't know what to do with a wii without it... (except from playing games ^^)
| DOL-001 (EUR) Indigo | WKF Plug'n'Play Diskdrive Replacement | BBA |
| Internalised: WaveBird, Keyboard Adapter, MemoryCard, SD-Adapter |

| DOL-001 (EUR) | >> First Gamecube Portable - Worklog
Johnny_Bigtime

Post by Johnny_Bigtime » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 pm

Thanks for the input fellas.

I kicked around the question HBC or hardmod for awhile and chose a chip. I didn't want to screw around with softmod upgrades/downgrades and the like since I'm on 4.3u firmware. So I just went with a Drivekey and have SDML. Good enough for what I need.

For the N64 games, I did a work around with injected ROMs into a Zelda exploit and running GCM files through SD-Boot. This works fine for me without much extra work and has minimal to zero slowdown on the games I'm running.

Sorry, a little off topic.

Cheers
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:04 pm

No problem, just want to remind you again that you're missing out on a lot without the homebrew channel! :)
KirovAir

Post by KirovAir » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:06 pm

And there is no 'or' with a modchip. Both work very fine together. With the homebrew channel there is also no downgrade needed or anything like that.

But jeah, it's your Wii so your decision. :P
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."