Swiss 0.2

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
calibrus

Re: Swiss 0.2

Post by calibrus » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:31 pm

hi!
Thanks for your help but the package that Cubelover offering is no longer aviable...
I've just PM him to ask for reupload the package.
Shinebi

Post by Shinebi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:45 pm

You don't need those. Get the first link from the OP.

It should have a folder called 'Swiss' with contents that you need to place in the apps directory on the SD card which goes in the front port of the Wii.
Place the file called swiss-lz.dol also in the same folder, but rename it to swiss.dol.
Now you can boot swiss from the HBC.

As an alternative, get the Channel Forwarder by installing the wad file for that.
To get this to work, just rename the folder called 'Swiss' to 'SwissBooter'.
Now you can boot swiss from the Wii's main menu.

PS If you experience trouble booting swiss, you might have to place swiss also in the root of the 'WiiKey SD/SDGecko' adapter to get it to work fully.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:07 pm

calibrus wrote:hi!
Thanks for your help but the package that Cubelover offering is no longer aviable...
I've just PM him to ask for reupload the package.
you dont need sdboot. just follow the other hints and tutorial in the thread.
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
calibrus

Post by calibrus » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Shinebi wrote:You don't need those. Get the first link from the OP.

It should have a folder called 'Swiss' with contents that you need to place in the apps directory on the SD card which goes in the front port of the Wii.
Place the file called swiss-lz.dol also in the same folder, but rename it to swiss.dol.
Now you can boot swiss from the HBC.

As an alternative, get the Channel Forwarder by installing the wad file for that.
To get this to work, just rename the folder called 'Swiss' to 'SwissBooter'.
Now you can boot swiss from the Wii's main menu.

PS If you experience trouble booting swiss, you might have to place swiss also in the root of the 'WiiKey SD/SDGecko' adapter to get it to work fully.
Hi! Thanks for your help!
I got blackscreen when I launch Swissbooter from HBC, even with the Channel Forwarder. (sd/apps/swissBooter/boot.dol;icon.png;meta.xml;swiss.dol(ex swiss-lz.dol)
Try with the folder "swiss" on the root of the Sdgecko (sdgecko/swiss) = blackscreen

any ideas?
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:26 pm

switch over to the SwissBooter thread in the Wii subforums - that would be more fitting :)

calibrus

Post by calibrus » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:35 pm

liquitt wrote:switch over to the SwissBooter thread in the Wii subforums - that would be more fitting :)
hi! Thanks for your help!
I'll try this way... I'm close to the nervous breakdown with it!!
I'll let you know my results;
I think I've some problems with ios or something like that, am I the only one who can't launch this app??
Last edited by calibrus on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shinebi

Post by Shinebi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Just place the dol in the root of SDGecko, not the entire folder in the root.
EDIT: Yes, there should be a clear structure overview in both threads' OP to avoid more confusion.
king666

Post by king666 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Hopefully and sentre this project in no longer use DVD obliged, for all the game gamecube, for which we owe the reader of the Wii died, it will be appreciated if some kind. :mrgreen:

Greetings.
Nintendero of heart until death i snatched from them.

Favorite Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYIjkmVj ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqLYjRn--GI
Naxil

Post by Naxil » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:19 am

VERY STRANGE!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I HAVE DO THIS!!!
INSTALL DIOSMIOSLITE WAD 13 (IS cMIOS) on REALNAND.
SD (IN SD FRONT NOT IN SDGECKO).
START SWISSBOOTER 0.3 (swiss.dol in SDFRONT) (NOT IN SDGECKO).
GAMES PROCESSED WITH DISCEX IN SD:\GAMES (SD FRONT FYE).
FIRTS GAME ON SD:\GAMES RUN!
AFTER I HAVE START SWISSBOOTER I HAVE SEE A NINTENDO LOGO without see the GUI OF SWISS!!!! :shock: :shock: .
FOR ANIMAL CROSSING THE GAMES RUN GOOD!
WITH WINDWAKER GAMES RUN BUT WITH NOT RIGHT VIDEO IMPOSTATION FOR MY TV PAL BUT I CAN SEE THE GAME IN B/N AND WITH NOT GOOD REFRESH (I THINK GO IN PROGRESSIVE)!

THIS IS A CASE???? OR SWISS CAN RUN IN WII WITHOUT sdGECKO??????

PLEASE ANSWER ME IF I CAN CHANGE VIDEO IMPOSTATION INSIDE THE DOL OR IF EMUKIDID CAN DO a FIX FOR USE DML MIOS IN SWISS WITHOUT SDGECKO? WII PEOPLE SAY THANKS (g2-d4 people SAY THANKS!) GAMECUBE NEVER DIE!
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:37 am

not sure if this has been discussed on previous revisions...

i just received a batch of GC's so i cracked them open to notate the mobo version DOL-CPU-XX
i was use using swiss R94 to determine the IPL version, also part of my notations

my process was to only gather mobo info to set aside cubes for future portable project.
i popped off the disc drive and just attached my xeno ready drive to quickly boot into swiss..
sometime during the process, i discovered a some of the GC's were listed as "Video: unknown"
since i didnt recognize that unknown status earlier, i couldnt not establish any relation as to why some GC's show status as "unknown" and others show status of "NTSC 480i"
(i was using a composite cable for quick testing)

also, whats the significance of the ECID and how can i use the ECID to establish any relationships or variances between my cubes?

Attachments
IMG_0326.JPG
(1.71 MiB) Not downloaded yet
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:04 am

Video unknown can be fixed, I've just realized my mistake there..
patryc

Post by patryc » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Is it possible to add support for MP3 playlists in Swiss?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:46 pm

sequential/random play is part of my plans.. not playlists though
patryc

Post by patryc » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:07 pm

emu_kidid wrote:sequential/random play is part of my plans.. not playlists though
That would be fine; thanks for your efforts.
Naxil

Post by Naxil » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:33 pm

People can explain to me why DML13 cmios and swiss can go togheter????

Sometimes i start Swissbooter (dvd inside) and firts games of the foldes (sd:games) run!
is swiss or is just DML read the game????
Please tell me that.. and tell me why with this UNUSUAL METHOD some GAMES run good on PAL and some GAMES run in 480p mode...
PS= I can't do any options because if i start SWISS with DIOS MIOS LITE SOURCE PROJECT SWISS NOT SHOW A GUI...
but the games run iam serious!
steffen

Post by steffen » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Swiss booter reloads to MIOS, which you replaced with DML.
Naxil

Post by Naxil » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:41 am

sorry for OT stuff.. i have learn to compile Swiss.. tnx FIX94..
r101 is very fast WINDWAKER run like original RETAIL DISC! (i have very lowcost (2$) microSD inside a MINISD adapter)...
latest SVN not blankscreen...
Shinebi

Post by Shinebi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Can someone please enlighten me on where/how to switch 16/32 Mhz?
(Can't find any setting for that in Swiss... Does it only show up if there's a compatible SD card inserted?)

PS
Just for reference: my PAL Wii also has "Video: unknown"
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Shinebi, the Video Unknown issue will be fixed shortly, you switch 16/32mhz when it asks you if you want "Compatible or Fast" where one is 16mhz (compatible) and one is 32mhz (fast).
partyelch

Post by partyelch » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:35 pm

I´m glad to see a forum still alive and sorry for a stupid question:

I want to use swiss without a mod chip and running from sdml and the game from a backup 12´dvd. I haven´t done a pot tweaking yet. My problem is: After starting swiss and loading from dvd, the dvd loading in swiss is stopping. Because of the missing pot tweaking or a problem with the burned dvd?

Thanks for your help
pr0ton

Post by pr0ton » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:42 pm

partyelch wrote:I´m glad to see a forum still alive and sorry for a stupid question:

I want to use swiss without a mod chip and running from sdml and the game from a backup 12´dvd. I haven´t done a pot tweaking yet. My problem is: After starting swiss and loading from dvd, the dvd loading in swiss is stopping. Because of the missing pot tweaking or a problem with the burned dvd?

Thanks for your help
Probably POT tweak, plus GameCube is very picky. At least Swiss should show the game after selecting DVD Drive. For me it takes Swiss to have the DVD spinning three times. I can hear it spinning and stopping, perhaps the patching?, and the fourth time the game shows up.

I had to go <180Ω (lower resistance, stronger laser) to be able to play the game normally. Even then Disc Read Errors appear in 007 Nightfire, in the cutscenes, but skipable. <100Ω didn't do anything either. Swiss states that Nightfire is an Audiostreaming game, and I have no more crackling sound in cutscenes which was present with the SD Card (32mhz) :).

I have to say, this is my first burned backup. My second one, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, immediately came up with an error: restart console etc. Used these discs: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mini-dvd-r ... -1-8x-4483. NOT because they are cheap, but because of the positive comments and the Media Codec the Gamecube seems to like. ImgBurn showed me this Media Codec: AML, but at dealextreme there is someone with CMC MAG. AF1. Maybe they are shipping different codecs. I don't know about full DVD-R, could they provide a better reflectivity which the GameCube likes?

Also burned @ 4x, because my DVD Burner wasn't able to burn slower. Some say slower is the best, some say the burn speed the DVD Burner likes is the best.
DOL-001&DOL-101 <- PAL
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:34 am

If you need ritekg04 dvd-r et me know, i can sell you some ;) back in the days those were said to be the best!

Mack702

Post by Mack702 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Sorry I am a total gamecube noob , I ordered a gamecube memory card sd holder thing , Can I put this on the sd card and run it on my GC? My gamecube is modded with a Xeno 2.0 chip and has a Region switch on the outside. But I am a super noob when it comes to the GC. Anyhelp would be appreciated. Thank you.
infact

Post by infact » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Mack702, you still need a way to boot swiss. You can put it on a burned dvd or use any of the other methogs mentioned here.

You can download a ready-to-use image on the googlecode download page.
infact
Image Image
Mack702

Post by Mack702 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks for the quick reply , I need to burn swiss onto a dvd or mini dvd , I cannot put it on the sd card? What's the benefits of this swiss ? Or should I stick with mini dvd's? Like I said I am a total noob but would love to have this gamecube at full potential :D If you could point me in the right direction for reading material for better learning that would be appreciated. But everytime I google or search for things I am confused because the Wii pops up all the time.