Swiss 0.2

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
infact

Re: Swiss 0.2

Post by infact » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:05 pm

You can use swiss from sd card, but you need a way to start it, download the latest 0.2 release from the download page and burn the included image to disc.
infact
Image Image
Mack702

Post by Mack702 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Thanks for your help , will start from there. :D
SrTommy

Post by SrTommy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi! I would like to know what is the "fix" in the pre-patcher in r102 version. Because I tested a lot of games with r94 version and recently I tested Goldeneye: Rogue Agent and asked me for a pre-patch and have a file of 17mb, and then swiss doesn't do anything. The screen goes black. I hope that the pre-patch doesn't ruin my ISO file and I hope not to redownload it again :(
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Mack702 wrote:Thanks for your help , will start from there. :D
Mack...things are a little assbackwards when it comes to xeno..
xeno will patch the drive to load backups or homebrew discs...without a disc in the drive you go straight to the GC menu..

you only need one swiss or sdload disc to access your SD..then you can load dol's..
you dont need to burn swiss to a disc on every new release....you can use an old swiss disc to load a new swiss version from SD
it sounds weird, but this is a limitation of xeno..
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Mack702

Post by Mack702 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Ok gotcha man thank you for the reply , I really enjoy my gamecube .. For sure it's one of my favorite systems. I just want to be able to explore the whole system and learn new things on it. Also what's the best chip for the GC? I cannot solder ;) Thanks again this is a great site!
infact

Post by infact » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:21 pm

SrTommy, the prepatcher modifies the image to redirect all reads to sdcard. so it is useless to burn it afterwards. create a backup before you patch it.
infact
Image Image
SrTommy

Post by SrTommy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 pm

infact wrote:SrTommy, the prepatcher modifies the image to redirect all reads to sdcard. so it is useless to burn it afterwards. create a backup before you patch it.
I don't wanna burn the game, I only want to know if the "bug" in <r102 versions will ruin the ISO image so I can't play the game even with swiss with my IDE-EXI adapter.
infact

Post by infact » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Okay, I just wanted to make clear, that the patched images are only useful for swiss.

The prepatcher before r102 can't patch big files (>16mb) successfully (no more gamecube memory available),
so if goldeneye has a 17 mb dol file, you have to patch it again. (The new patcher splits the file in chunks)
But, if swiss sets the "already patched" flag, you have to use a clean image.

So, nevertheless you should backup your files, before you patch them.

(also i dont wanted to sound offensive - i'm a nice man, believe me ;-))
infact
Image Image
SrTommy

Post by SrTommy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:58 pm

infact wrote:Okay, I just wanted to make clear, that the patched images are only useful for swiss.

The prepatcher before r102 can't patch big files (>16mb) successfully (no more gamecube memory available),
so if goldeneye has a 17 mb dol file, you have to patch it again. (The new patcher splits the file in chunks)
But, if swiss sets the "already patched" flag, you have to use a clean image.

So, nevertheless you should backup your files, before you patch them.

(also i dont wanted to sound offensive - i'm a nice man, believe me ;-))
HAHA!!! I know that you are a nice man :D. But I can't make a backup of my 156 games that I have stored in my 250GB HDD because I need another HDD, haha!!! :lol:

I was lucky because swiss didn't flag the image so I'll wait a newer release to test that game. By the way, I tested 43 so far. I attach a txt file with my preliminary results
I'll promise that I'll give a nice format to the file once I'll get finish test all the games I have. This txt is only a sketch and have some notes in spanish :P.

You only need to know that "verde" means "green", "amarillo" = "yellow" and "rojo" = "red" (I use the same colors that use the compatibility list)
Attachments
Swiss 0.2 r94.zip
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
computerboy

Post by computerboy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Hello once again Emulator Kid.

I do like the new version of Swiss, Emulator Kid, but I have the following beef with it:

On the Wii (PAL), I have to mount the SD Gecko each time I start Swiiss. Is this something easy to fix, Emulator Kid? I actually had this problem on v0.1 but no one else seems to have it.

Also, you once mentioned you plan to implement some sort of Wii Channels :D - i.e. load Swiis.dol through SwissBooter per game. When can we expect to see that, Emulator Kid?

Thank you for everything, Emulator Kid, I am sure there is more to come.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:04 pm

comp_boy, just give it time (and motivation for me to work on Swiss for more time) is all I can say :p
Air Conditioner

Post by Air Conditioner » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:56 am

Sooooooooo excited for the DD less update!!! Do you have a specific date of the release of this next week? Thank you so much for all the hard work and effort you put into swiss!
Formerly Mizumi
M tha MaN

Post by M tha MaN » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:54 pm

I also wanted to say thx for your great work. Always dreamed that my GC would not die and you made it true =)
roubagalinhas

Post by roubagalinhas » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:57 am

nhec
i have one of the newer wii's, cant test swiss 0.2

is luigi's mansion booting/running fine now?
KunaiFire

Post by KunaiFire » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Hey, Pikmin 2 freezes at the credits for me (you see the credits halfway in the game).
I tried with all settings, but it still froze in the same moment. Any suggestions?
If it helps, it freezes at 0:39 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-aKa6feMNo
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:37 pm

This may be a noobish question (but a question is worth a thousand guesses), but is it possible that Swiss does not support digital video out? It isn't problem but I ask because I always get a black screen when I try to boot Swiss from my PAL Cube when it is connected to to a BlackMagic card in my PC via component video. I just found that it works when my Cube is connected to a TV via AV composite video. I thought the hardware sends out a video signal on all video sockets?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:45 am

Stupid question but, have you changed the capture format to NTSCp?
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:45 am

I've tried it on everything but it only works on PAL.

I've just tried Swiss on a real TV with component video and it works, so false alarm I guess. There is probably some obscure setting somewhere on BlackMagic to fix it. Still, I wonder what is different between regular GC software and Swiss that might cause this.
Air Conditioner

Post by Air Conditioner » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:07 am

So excited for the new release of Swiss 0.2 ( Hopefully) this week!
Formerly Mizumi
julius

Post by julius » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Have anyone used the dvd to sd like feature on swiss 0.2? I tryed to rip a burned disk but it stoped at 16%, so I do not know if this is not completely functional yet or my disk is broken.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:43 pm

I have used it many times and it's gone ok. was there enough space on the SD card?
Shinebi

Post by Shinebi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:09 am

I ripped my complete GC collection to SD already (about 15 games) without troubles on the Wii.
Takes about 25 minutes per game.
When trying to zip the iso's, they remain quite big though... (never touched them with any app, so the sizes are original)

Would it be possible to have an option in Swiss to scrub the iso on the fly when dumping to the SD-card?
I used to dump via my GC BBA before and think these take far less space.(?)

Just to confirm if there's a difference in size, I'll try dumping one of these games via Swiss and compare when zipped.

I could be mistaking, but IIRC, all of the games I dumped via Swiss 2.0 to SD and tried to play from SD STILL NEEDED a disc in the drive.
The ones I obtained elsewhere didn't... (I gotta check again though before I make these statements :lol: )
julius

Post by julius » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:45 pm

emu_kidid wrote:I have used it many times and it's gone ok. was there enough space on the SD card?
Yep, there was enough space in fact, I ripped an original game with clean rip and no problem. Now that I know it works with original disks only remains to know if it does the same with burned ones. Maybe that´s the cause it didn´t work with my disk.
infact

Post by infact » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:08 pm

maybe your laser is weak.
infact
Image Image
julius

Post by julius » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Hey I have a funny story about this : the day before yesterday I successfully ripped an original disk via swiss 0.2, and a cousin asked me to hack a wii he borrowed. That was the perfect moment to show him the capacities of this tool. But when he saw the tutorial I was reading he decided it would be pretty complicated and aborted the operation, since that is not his wii and he doesn´t want any lose of information or something like that. As consolation prize I decided show him swiss running through wii, and when I tried to load a gc iso it told me the file was fragmented, but the weird part is when I pushed a button in the controller , because it displayed textually this message: ´´Fatal: Set your working directory correctly you MUPPET!!!´´, I was surprised but my cousin was scared because he thought I had damaged the wii (he changed his skin color, he he).

I know when memory is fragmented swiss cannot load isos, but specifically that same sd got currupted several weeks ago, so I formated it in order to use it again, and now I only use it to store files I download and to store the files I use with mplayer for gamecube. Is there a way to avoid frecuently fragmentation of memories?
And about the message, is only a joke or is something I have to worry about my sd? That kind of accidental discoveries remembers me the time I discovered a hidden world in The Legend of Zelda-A Link to the past, in the right moment I was very confused but some years later I found out that it was the prize I kid won:having his own stage in the game.