Gameboy Fusion.

Portables, case replacements, mods etc, all in here!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Gameboy Fusion.

Post by emu_kidid » Thu May 30, 2013 5:58 am

ok yeah, that's what I was planning too, just didn't know if everyone else was doing it too since no one has really made it clear :)
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Thu May 30, 2013 2:24 pm

I really should make guides up that detail the little things like that. I get lots of questions about stuff like this all the time. :D

I'll have to work on that.
Drakon

Post by Drakon » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 pm

*bump*. I've said it before, but this is outstanding. Asic level soldering...yowza.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:20 am

had to look at the video again...
fine piece of work...

my 7yr old wants to make one.....he is looking for parts right now :lol:
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:16 am

I have a couple of spare case forms for this if you want Mega. I'd love to see your little guy realize his dream. My 6 & 7 year old are always on me to build one for them. The trouble is I always sell them. :/
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:32 am

thanks,....i have other plans i do not want to speak about only because i hope to be the first in this type of direction for a GCP....but i still have a lot to consider and im not in a hurry either....
but damn....you set some high standards....and i really love this design....

i thought about putting in a bid for this build because in my opinion, this is the best design ever....but i also have a few tricks i would like to try out when i get around to making my own....
eventually i will get one done....but hold on to those shells, because if i fail, i will come crying to you for help...
if anything...i look at making my portable as a learning experience with my boy to start him off early..that would be the best part of making this....
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Drakon

Post by Drakon » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:47 pm

I'm curious how both of you (ashen/megalomaniac) got started with this stuff? Do you two have engineering / hardware background? I'm glad you're getting your kids involved. I also don't see how you could possibly top the design of this portable haha.

Looking at the innards, where did you get the sd slot you used for the sd gecko?
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:55 pm

I think it was here or mr where that question was asked, but its from dead wiikey fusions.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Indeed. Dead WKF SD slots, I have a few. You can however find some nice SD slots on e-bay for pretty cheap.

I don't really have an "official" engineering background. But I've always been involved in various types and levels of technical stuff since I was really young. I do have a year and a half worth of college credits majoring in computer aided product and systems design. Unfortunately I was an intern for an engineering firm at the time and hated every minute of it. So I never pursued it any further, and swiftly dropped that career altogether.

Basically I'm a tinkerer, and just pretty good at figuring things out given enough time/exposure.
Drakon

Post by Drakon » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:35 am

Ashen wrote:Indeed. Dead WKF SD slots, I have a few. You can however find some nice SD slots on e-bay for pretty cheap.

I don't really have an "official" engineering background. But I've always been involved in various types and levels of technical stuff since I was really young. I do have a year and a half worth of college credits majoring in computer aided product and systems design. Unfortunately I was an intern for an engineering firm at the time and hated every minute of it. So I never pursued it any further, and swiftly dropped that career altogether.

Basically I'm a tinkerer, and just pretty good at figuring things out given enough time/exposure.
I can appreciate that. I enjoy tinkering too but only in small amounts.