Goals for Swiss 0.4

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
47iscool

Re: Goals for Swiss 0.4

Post by 47iscool » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:46 pm

megalomaniac wrote:
47iscool wrote:Another idea for Swiss, ability to emulate memory card slot B as slot A to avoid "Wrong device inserted in slot A" errors.

This way it thinks that slot B is actually slot A.
what would be the benefit of that?
Wrong device inserted in slot A, so you can use an actual memory card in slot B to avoid those errors.

I know emu_kididd is still working on VMC support so this could suffice for a while.

Can someone tell me which version of swiss can dump a game to SD? 0.1 & 0.3 freeze when I try to copy to SD.
larbysniper

Post by larbysniper » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:32 pm

idk about swiss but i know sdboot-rc4 can dump games to sd cards
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:36 pm

they should all dump, but I'd recommend CleanRip.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:23 am

Thanks for the reply's.

I haven't seen the changelog for the Extrems version of swiss 0.3 but I think it has fragmented file support, it also has a disc browser & can extract files.

Sorry to be going so much off-topic.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:50 am

I'd like to see this Extrems version, do you have a link? :P
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:11 am

emu_kidid wrote:I'd like to see this Extrems version, do you have a link? :P
I think I read extrems, unless it's one of yours. It can browse files on a GC disc & it played my fragmented NFS MW ISO which couldn't be de-fragmented because of low SD space. Please correct me if it's yours, if it's not an extrems version maybe they compiled it? Please don't think I'm trolling, I'm not.

Another question (sorry), what is the best cluster size for SD when using swiss to read ISO's?
Attachments
swiss 0.3 extrems.rar
DOL
(798.17 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:49 am

No problem, it was a version he compiled in my absense :)
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:00 am

emu_kidid wrote:No problem, it was a version he compiled in my absense :)
Thank you for clearing that up, excellent progress dude. Which revision is it? I need to change the name of the DOL.

The main SD card I use for swiss a Wallgreens brand 8 GB SDHC class 2, although copying to is slower than my SanDisk.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:15 am

Extrems offered builds for r206-214. I really need to add in SVN version into my builds ;)
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:23 am

emu_kidid wrote:Extrems offered builds for r206-214. I really need to add in SVN version into my builds ;)
Thanks man 8-)

Also I want to thank you about not getting upset over me going off-topic.
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:34 am

47iscool wrote:Also I want to thank you about not getting upset over me going off-topic.
when it comes to that we could rename the whole forum into gc-offtopic. it's cool and it's what we do all the time haha
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:12 am

liquitt wrote:
47iscool wrote:Also I want to thank you about not getting upset over me going off-topic.
when it comes to that we could rename the whole forum into gc-offtopic. it's cool and it's what we do all the time haha
That's all good to know, people over at gamehacking doesn't like it though. They'll lock the thread if you do it too much.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:58 pm

47iscool wrote:reply's
*replies

Please, don't abuse the apostrophe. It is not used to pluralise.
Hardware: Wii (PAL)
Hardware configuration: System Menu 4.1E, Priiloader
Swiss boot method: Modified Wii Swiss Booter provided by Extrems
Software medium: Retail discs
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:07 pm

BenoitRen wrote:
47iscool wrote:reply's
*replies

Please, don't abuse the apostrophe :cry: . It is not used to pluralise.
The rules didn't say we must type perfectly did it? :roll: Sheesh.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:10 pm

No, but emu_kidid is occasionally a grammar nazi as well, so be careful. ;)
Hardware: Wii (PAL)
Hardware configuration: System Menu 4.1E, Priiloader
Swiss boot method: Modified Wii Swiss Booter provided by Extrems
Software medium: Retail discs
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:26 am

BenoitRen wrote:No, but emu_kidid is occasionally a grammar nazi as well, so be careful. ;)
No...? Enough off topic anyway!
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:48 am

Hey emu, was wondering something. I just got Genesis Plus GX 1.7.4 for Wii & GC & I noticed an option that I have seen in Smash Bros. Melee. An option to turn off the de-flicker filter off, I know it makes the screen a bit shaky but it would be cool if swiss could do this. Could this be a possibility in swiss? Just another idea.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:19 am

are you talking about in Swiss itself or in games booted from Swiss?
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:24 am

emu_kidid wrote:are you talking about in Swiss itself or in games booted from Swiss?
In the games booted from Swiss, just a suggestion as it sounds pretty complicated having to mess with the graphics and all. It would be cool to have it in Swiss too.

Personally I want to thank you for releasing the best GameCube tool ever created, it reminds me of uLE for PS2 only it can do more including running ISO's from an SD card. (& memcard emulation)

BTW, you're the first one to create a disc emulator (ISO loader) for GameCube aren't you? Great job!

Much respect.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:32 am

I'm far from the first to create a ISO loader for GameCube. Look up Animal Crossing Loader or GC Simulator by StarCube, as well as Cobra BIOS has a disc simulator.
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:03 pm

emu_kidid wrote:I'm far from the first to create a ISO loader for GameCube. Look up Animal Crossing Loader or GC Simulator by StarCube, as well as Cobra BIOS has a disc simulator.
I've heard of that loader, I thought it was just a DVD-R loader. Now I know, thanks.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:19 pm

I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but I find it really annoying that I can't back out of the settings screen/cheats screen with a game loaded. Swiss will boot the game if I leave the cheats screen (unless an exception comes up) or if I leave the settings screen. So it's impossible for me to do both right now. :(

Any plans on fixing that? I would like to be able to leave both screens and then boot the game after. Seems odd going into a secondary menu that ends up loading the game after exiting it. Gives me no chance to change my mind on something. Once I save any settings or cheats changes, I either have to live with it or reset the gamecube. :P

Aside from that Swiss is working great for me. Except for my backup of Zelda Collector's Edition....It won't boot. Get DSI exception after Nintendo screen when trying to boot it from my 16GB MicroSD card. I think I did manage to get into the game selection menu when I first booted it on my non SDHC 4GB card, but it sits on black screen after selecting a game.... :(

I plan on getting some mini-DVDs at some point. I heard those have the best compatibility when it comes to any games that use audio streaming.

EDIT:

Another feature suggestion I have. The ability to hide folders/files that have the "hidden" attribute checked in the file system. Aka, I would like to hide the "patch" folders that Swiss creates for some games. Swiss lets me move/copy files but not folders. Ability to delete/move/copy folders would also be a useful addition.

GCI save support for the emulated memory card function would be great to, but that's more of a longer term goal.
ImageImage
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:10 pm

I agree with all the points you've raised there Apache Thunder, I'll see to it about getting them done the next time I work on swiss.
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Apache Thunder wrote: Aside from that Swiss is working great for me. Except for my backup of Zelda Collector's Edition....It won't boot. Get DSI exception after Nintendo screen when trying to boot it from my 16GB MicroSD card. I think I did manage to get into the game selection menu when I first booted it on my non SDHC 4GB card, but it sits on black screen after selecting a game.... :(
I had no problems with this game (US version). It is one of those that has to be patched (irriversibly) so maybe you played around with the settings in swiss? From memory, emu_kidid said once the changes have been written you need to put back the original verified iso on the sd card and start again. Could be wrong but worth a shot
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:38 pm

AC_Orange wrote:
Apache Thunder wrote: Aside from that Swiss is working great for me. Except for my backup of Zelda Collector's Edition....It won't boot. Get DSI exception after Nintendo screen when trying to boot it from my 16GB MicroSD card. I think I did manage to get into the game selection menu when I first booted it on my non SDHC 4GB card, but it sits on black screen after selecting a game.... :(
I had no problems with this game (US version). It is one of those that has to be patched (irriversibly) so maybe you played around with the settings in swiss? From memory, emu_kidid said once the changes have been written you need to put back the original verified iso on the sd card and start again. Could be wrong but worth a shot
It's been a while since you've used Swiss ;) It writes patches for games to separate files now, hehe.

But even this I'd like to change again so that it's done at run-time, so much to do :D