F-Zero GX

Talk about games you've played, new games coming out, console hardware, etc..
andzlay

F-Zero GX

Post by andzlay » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Radirgy

Re: F-Zero GX

Post by Radirgy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:18 pm

I wouldn't say the xbox overpowered the gamecube, I mean sure it sold a bit more but it wasn't that big a gap and it only managed it because of Halo 2.
jayplus

Post by jayplus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:39 pm

F-Zero GX is probably my favourite after Metroid Prime/Prime 2. It took me about 8 years to unlock the AX cup but it was worth the effort. Beating the story on very hard is a different story all together!
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:08 pm

jayplus wrote:F-Zero GX is probably my favourite after Metroid Prime/Prime 2. It took me about 8 years to unlock the AX cup but it was worth the effort. Beating the story on very hard is a different story all together!
Haha, I still only have the three first cups!
the game
StarkNebula

Post by StarkNebula » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:36 am

That article is not only badly written but also skin deep. I don't know the quality of that site, but it made me cringe.

Criticisms aside, F-Zero GX is indeed one of the top 10 GameCube games; it being my personal favourite. If you're planning on jumping waist deep into the game, I'd suggest going to the irc2.speedrunslive.com #f-zero for tips. You can find me there. fzerocentral.com is just broken at this point, so getting tips from members in the IRC is probably a better choice.

iamdablasta: Lucky! GX was only hard for the first 3 months. I miss those times. The game is "too easy" at this point. I'm too lazy to pick up MTSing and SSFs to improve my Time Attacks. If you want to beat the game, I'd suggest learning to MT (Momentum Throttle.) It's basic and potent.

Woot! for playing this game for 2 years coming this May.
jayplus

Post by jayplus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:28 pm

iamdablasta wrote:
jayplus wrote:F-Zero GX is probably my favourite after Metroid Prime/Prime 2. It took me about 8 years to unlock the AX cup but it was worth the effort. Beating the story on very hard is a different story all together!
Haha, I still only have the three first cups!
I've read reviews of the machines online and the Mighty Typhoon doesn't get much credit, but I've beat every cup on master with it! It's probably the best handling of the 30 original machines, try using it next time you play ;)
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:41 am

This game wasn't that hard, well I haven't bothered with the staff ghosts but the rest was totally doable. Shame there are no real racing games on the cube, this one is probably the best.
Godlings_Rapture

Post by Godlings_Rapture » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:19 am

I loved the sense of speed in F Zero GX. Too bad the series hasn't gotten a game in over 10 years.