WiiKey Fusion, WODE, XenoGC, SDGecko - OUT OF PRODUCTION

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
megalomaniac

WiiKey Fusion, WODE, XenoGC, SDGecko - OUT OF PRODUCTION

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:47 am

All manufacturing for WiiKey Fusion and WODE has stopped as of mid-October 2013.
This includes all factories which continued to make "unofficial" "clones" or "3rd party" modchips even after the original development teams ended official sales of their products.

I have also learned two long running GC "mainstays" Xeno-GC and SDGecko are now out of production as well.
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
megalomaniac

Re: WiiKey Fusion, WODE, XenoGC, SDGecko - OUT OF PRODUCTION

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:11 am

I discovered this information first hand back in October when I attempted to place a bulk order for WKFs to build up my available stock in support for the release of the next version MEGAdrives. I did not want to rush and post this information until it could be confirmed thru other sources. Last thing i wanted to do was create a scare in the community, however additional sources have recently confirmed this information.

When I discovered this information I hoped it was a mistake, error, or just absolutely wrong..
I spoke to emu_kidid about this and the ramifications this may have on the GC community without having a supply of modchips available to the community...
We discussed the options for a few days of making our own clones, finding alternatives, and just brainstorming to determine how to continue community support and we ultimately decided to take a risk and purchase a small bulk of remaining items still available based on possible mistaken information.

emu_kidid purchased a small bulk of WODE, XenoGC, SDGecko.
APE purchased a small bulk of XenoGC.
I have secured a bulk stock of WASP Fusion and also purchased a small bulk of WODE, XenoGC and SDGecko.

For those not familiar with WASP Fusion, it performs 100% identical to WiiKey Fusion and even uses the same WKF firmware or Swiss on flash.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1564

WASP Fusion paired with the soon to be released versions of MEGAdrive will make for an effortless task for adding a drive replacement modchip even for the novice of all novices. Follow MEGAdrive information and updates HERE > viewtopic.php?f=26&t=838

Anyone who cannot wait about 2 months or so till I begin sales again and really really really needs a WASP Fusion, post HERE > viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1510
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
APE992

Post by APE992 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:19 am

Good thing XenoGCs are easily cloned using Atmega8s but that doesn't help us for the rest.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:22 am

I kind of figured this was coming. In light of this now though, can you put me down for an additional 5 Wasp's on top of the two I've reserved already Mega?

I know I've been quiet lately, but I still have plans for more portables in the future.

Big thanks to all of you for taking it for the team and stocking up on this stuff so it will still be available to the community. My hats off to you all!
deku_scrub

Post by deku_scrub » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:47 pm

WODE stopped?
Why? Maybe they have many in stock, or it wasn't selling well now a days... and the softmod ease helped they make this decision?
I hope I never need a replacement!
__ deku_scrub __ Wii D3-2 | System 4.3 | HC installed using Smash Stack | WODE Jukebox
Xbox 360 Slim 4GB | 320GB Hacked HDD | x360key
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:11 pm

I don't think many WODE have been selling for a while now due to softmod overshadowing it, devolution was the final nail in the proverbial coffin for Wode since it surpassed it with Audio Streaming working too.
Madridi4ever

Post by Madridi4ever » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:16 pm

Thanks for the info mega.

This is the equivelent of SDGecko right?
http://dx.com/p/wiikey-sd-card-adapter-for-wii-3993
Just incase so people want to stock up.. I bought 11 for $30

Sad to hear about WKF though.. Glad I have 2 of them. Xeno should be easy to clone though?
Yeah I don't think WODE sold much due to softmods. O still have one that I got for £25 or £30 (can't remember)
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:51 am

that DX link is where i got mine from...
i suggest anyone who needs SDGecko to purchase some from DX before they run out of remaining stock...

at least for our purposes, SD Gecko is easy to reproduce as well as XenoGC...
so there should be no need for concern with those two items...

Image Image Image
deku_scrub

Post by deku_scrub » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:06 am

Does SD Media Launcher still being manufactured?
Is there a possibility of making some kind of exploit in the gamecube menu to load homebrew? I'm thinking in a distant future where homebrew enablers won't be so easy to find.
__ deku_scrub __ Wii D3-2 | System 4.3 | HC installed using Smash Stack | WODE Jukebox
Xbox 360 Slim 4GB | 320GB Hacked HDD | x360key
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:50 am

deku_scrub wrote:Does SD Media Launcher still being manufactured?
Is there a possibility of making some kind of exploit in the gamecube menu to load homebrew? I'm thinking in a distant future where homebrew enablers won't be so easy to find.
From my understanding the gamecube menu has been looked into for exploits and nothing has been found yet.

No idea about the SD Media launcher, I thought they stopped making it years ago and this is just the stock that's left all this time.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:46 am

Has anyone contacted the Wiikey guys at all? Maybe if we ask real nice like they will give us the stuff we need to produce our own WKF's. Its a long shot, but worth a try.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:31 am

I've tried but that was a few years ago ;)
47iscool

Post by 47iscool » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:16 am

deku_scrub wrote:Does SD Media Launcher still being manufactured?
I hope they sill have some as I'd like one of those boot discs, I was going to get one but 12$ for shipping is a bit much. Instead I bought a DC SD adapter. It'd be good if Datel would just sell the discs by themselves without the gecko.
dilav

Post by dilav » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:48 am

It's a shame to see the discontinued productions of these products.

I've been wanting a couple of WODE for quite some time, if someone is selling or know where I can get a few let me know.
lyberty5

Post by lyberty5 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:31 pm

I managed to get a few from the websites i usually use in france. They still hav a few in stock if anyone's interrested.
ImageImage
L10N37

Post by L10N37 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:43 am

Can't someone find a way to dump the data off the Actel Pro Asic3 A3P250-VQG100, then reprogram blanks to fit on a custom PCB. Maybe one that spreads apart the pins to pads for easy installation. I'm guessing you could still keep them quite small but a 'gamecube friendlier' design???

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/2769770
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/A3P250-V ... 26762.html
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/2744977
http://www.microsemi.com/products/fpga- ... t#ordering
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/80219 ... _1100.html

A good example of these ASIC3 chips, spread out to pads would be the Infectus 2 modchip for xbox360

http://skywired.net/blog/tag/proasic3/
L10N37

Post by L10N37 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:22 am

Just removed the actel IC from a broken WKF with a cheap re-flow/re-balling machine, Cleaned the legs up of bridges and straightened the bent ones with an x-acto knife, put some clean solder down on the pads, used a tiny dot of blu-tac to get it into position and check with magnifying glass that the legs were in place and the knife again to press each leg down, stuck back under the reflow machine and re-seated it. So ultimately if someone makes the investment (quite expensive), knows how to make the SD reader and wasp fusions become impossible to get a hold of, getting the chip seated on the boards only takes minutes (especially considering they'd be new ones) and I'm positive we could clone our own.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:23 am

Designing the PCB, designing the cardslot, getting all the parts, and soldering everything together is the easy part...

Image Image Image
L10N37

Post by L10N37 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:26 am

I suppose there isn't enough demand for them to be spending all that money and time, maybe the infectus 2 being a Multi-Platform tool could be programmed to do similar, has a similar chipset on it.
dilav

Post by dilav » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:06 pm

L10N37 wrote:I suppose there isn't enough demand for them to be spending all that money and time, maybe the infectus 2 being a Multi-Platform tool could be programmed to do similar, has a similar chipset on it.
We don't have the source code of the fusions, and they are most likely have copy protection enabled. But I am not familiar with any security flaws in these ic.
L10N37

Post by L10N37 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:59 am

Was thinking transplant a wkf ic onto infectus board and dump code with usb programmer (infectus or progskeet). I guess with no source code tweaks cant be made. We already have access to wkf 1.5 and 1.2 recovery DOLS (and boot catalogues) though. Maybe an SD micro sd adapter could be wired to it and if we had source code possibly USB functionality as well as SD
L10N37

Post by L10N37 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:01 am

PCB for original infectus is available but I think infectus are out of production too:(
vxbinaca

Post by vxbinaca » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:24 am

There's a lot of dead cubes out the that would make great candidates for drivless modding using an independent/community board. Swiss could be modified so that it's the OS and we don't have to do all these silly mods (pin 29, WBFS etc etc) to get stuff to work. A WASP clone I mean.

Kinda like the Cyclone CIC for the SNES and NES or PSmod(Atmel modchp) /PSIO for the PS1.
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:46 am

dilav wrote:
L10N37 wrote:I suppose there isn't enough demand for them to be spending all that money and time, maybe the infectus 2 being a Multi-Platform tool could be programmed to do similar, has a similar chipset on it.
We don't have the source code of the fusions, and they are most likely have copy protection enabled. But I am not familiar with any security flaws in these ic.
Wait if they have copy protection how do the WASP and other knockoffs even exist ? Also firmware 1.0 and the WBFS ISO were dumped somehow. Or are they not in the FPGA ?
Even with no open source if we have binaries we can make our own chips waiting for a FOSS firmware (that could be optimized for the Cube)
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:23 am

ok....i have just received an "official" report from a vendor that WASP Fusion has also stopped production...
I have negotiated to buy out all remaining quantity they have available to ensure we continue to have this product at lowest cost....
looks like this will be the last run available ever for WASP.....

i hope they are wrong, but i think the factories have truly ended production because the last time i received a message about this concerning Wiikey Fusion, it was true....and no Wiikey Fusion has been seen ever since....
so consider this a last warning.... get it while you can or lose out forever

Image Image Image