Bricked

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
LaidCUE

Bricked

Post by LaidCUE » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Okay. Ive had my wii for 3 years. Just last night i found out my usb drive broke inside it, and the wii only would turn on, flash blue, and shut right back off.

So later last night i solved the problem and it was because the metal pieces were touching on the inside of the usb ports. I got a knife, bent them back in place, and the wii powered on again.

Buuuut...... THE BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH HAPPENED! I dont know what to do at this point so i came here to ask, is there a way to fix this?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Bricked

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:43 pm

USB Drive INSIDE your Wii? I think you need to better explain what modifications this Wii has, both software and hardware before we can go any further.

Long shot in the dark, did you perhaps move the bluetooth module out of place and the console can no longer boot up because of it?
LaidCUE

Post by LaidCUE » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:21 pm

emu_kidid wrote:USB Drive INSIDE your Wii? I think you need to better explain what modifications this Wii has, both software and hardware before we can go any further.

Long shot in the dark, did you perhaps move the bluetooth module out of place and the console can no longer boot up because of it?
The 32GB USB thumb drive plugged inside of the wii got stepped on while it was plugged in. So it broke the edge connector on the inside. I had the wii letterbomb'd.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:52 am

were you using anything that relied on the USB drive on bootup like a pre-loader style thing? I'd check the mainboard around the USB connector for any component damage such as blown capacitors or burnt tracks, it may have done more damage than you think.
LaidCUE

Post by LaidCUE » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:27 am

emu_kidid wrote:were you using anything that relied on the USB drive on bootup like a pre-loader style thing? I'd check the mainboard around the USB connector for any component damage such as blown capacitors or burnt tracks, it may have done more damage than you think.
Im thinking the same thing. The last thing i did on my wii was listen to the whole Akumajou Densetsu 3 soundtrack right before turning it off. And no i had no pre-loader.