First time help

All your console related questions and answers :)
purefish152

First time help

Post by purefish152 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:34 am

I just want to make sure I have my facts straight before I spend the money on an sd media launcher (thecodejunkies one) and new sd card... 1) I currently have GcoS 1.5 downloaded onto my laptop, waiting for the right sd card, however I have a 512Mb standard sd card that I want to use and then switch in a 16gb SDHC card, which I could buy later, that would have my backups saved on it. Is this still true? 2) Playing backups of the sd card will not hurt the integrity of the GameCube so much so that will not be able to play original games correct? Or is it one or the other? 3) I really to play the backups in the easiest way possible while not modding the GameCube, so if there is any easier way than what I am describing can you throw a newb a bone?

Thanks for all the future help. :)
jlo138

Re: First time help

Post by jlo138 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Yes you can switch sd cards out after loading your dol file. We recommend Swiss as it has more features and is still being improved upon. SD loading doesn't effect your disc drive whatsoever so you'll be able to play original games at any time just fine. This is probably the easiest method as it doesn't require any disassembly of the cube, soldering, laser adjustment etc. Keep in mind that your SDML disc may look like an Action Replay but works like SDML when memory card and adapter are inserted before booting the disc.
.timil retcarahc 552 a si erehT .ekam uoy stsop ot dedda eb nac taht txet fo kcolb a si sihT
purefish152

Post by purefish152 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:19 am

Sweet thanks what I needed to hear. In terms of running Swiss instead of GCos... In the folder there is swiss.dol... Is that what I need to run? Or if it's not could you link me towards the Swiss I need or at least send me in the right way? And for saving... If the SDML is in slot b can the game be tricked to save to the memory card in slot a? Or is the game saved on the sd card? Or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks again :D
jlo138

Post by jlo138 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 am

The game will save to the memory card in either slot. SDML can be used in either slot as well. I don't believe Swiss currently supports saving to sd cards. Swiss.dol is the file you need to run.
.timil retcarahc 552 a si erehT .ekam uoy stsop ot dedda eb nac taht txet fo kcolb a si sihT
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:33 am

Swiss has memory card emulation but I heard it's massively broken for now. Don't take my words for taken though. :P
purefish152

Post by purefish152 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:22 am

Sweet thanks guys