Small side project

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
iamdablasta

Small side project

Post by iamdablasta » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:44 pm

So I haven't been able to work on the gamecube or play it for that matter lately since we've been moving. However, since we've been moving we've had loads of materials ready for use. I decided to something simple, but useful for my lifestyle (I am that guy you find in the middle of the forest listening to music and eating taco's for absolutely no fucking reason).
You could call me spontaneous. Anyway, the music player I have is way too fucking huge. It's a plus for forest parties, but sucks for portability. So I wanted something portable, with the possibility of expansion on demand. Therefore I started making a boombox. It was really simple, you make a smaller boombox than what you have, with possibility of external speakers.

For anyone wondering, everything I have is cheap crap from china, so don't expect much.

Enclosure pieces cut:

Enclosure screwed partly together:

Painting...:

More updates soon.

Edit: Wiring done:
Picture of final product soon.

Edit2: All done.
Internet here sucks so no more pics.
Attachments
IMG_20140713_205533[1].jpg
final
(2.87 MiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_20140713_203352.jpg
wiring
(908.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_20140713_163941.jpg
paint job
(1.33 MiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_20140713_134901.jpg
Enclosure screwed partly together
(1.43 MiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_20140711_202507.jpg
(1.62 MiB) Not downloaded yet
the game
novenary

Re: Small side project

Post by novenary » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:06 am

Lol nice, is that a car stereo ? :P
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:29 am

Streetwalker wrote:Lol nice, is that a car stereo ? :P
maybe you should have asked "is anyone missing their car stereo?"
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
novenary

Post by novenary » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:43 am

megalomaniac wrote:
Streetwalker wrote:Lol nice, is that a car stereo ? :P
maybe you should have asked "is anyone missing their car stereo?"
Hehe, didn't think of it this way... :roll:
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:19 pm

Well the stereo was cheap as fuck, so maybe a shitty china car is missing a shitty car stereo (not sure, bought from china, but the manual was in Portuguese and the website from brazil).
I mean, the VU meter is completely randomized and not matching the music. Even when the music is turned off the VU meter goes up and down.

I have to excuse the ugliness, but if I make something for myself it just becomes ugly because I stop giving a shit, if it's for someone else on the other hand... Those who have seen my WKF wiring probably shouldn't expect anything else.

Either way, the music is clear and loud, without the extensions (huge as fuck, but worth it for long time camping). Battery time is 24hrs+ (8 D cell batteries) on reasonable volume (full volume is unreasonably loud and noise complaints will be filed and suddenly police invades, unless we venture even deeper into the forest of course). No antenna, but fuck radio anyways.
Basically it's like my previous 500$ boombox just 400$ cheaper and even stronger with the external speakers.
the game
deku_scrub

Post by deku_scrub » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:16 am

iamdablasta wrote:Well the stereo was cheap as fuck, so maybe a shitty china car is missing a shitty car stereo (not sure, bought from china, but the manual was in Portuguese and the website from brazil).
I mean, the VU meter is completely randomized and not matching the music. Even when the music is turned off the VU meter goes up and down.

I have to excuse the ugliness, but if I make something for myself it just becomes ugly because I stop giving a shit, if it's for someone else on the other hand... Those who have seen my WKF wiring probably shouldn't expect anything else.

Either way, the music is clear and loud, without the extensions (huge as fuck, but worth it for long time
camping). Battery time is 24hrs+ (8 D cell batteries) on reasonable volume (full volume is unreasonably loud and noise complaints will be filed and suddenly police invades, unless we venture even deeper into the forest of course). No antenna, but fuck radio anyways.
Basically it's like my previous 500$ boombox just 400$ cheaper and even stronger with the external speakers.
I lost count of how many times you said shit and fuck, but anyway, kool project!
__ deku_scrub __ Wii D3-2 | System 4.3 | HC installed using Smash Stack | WODE Jukebox
Xbox 360 Slim 4GB | 320GB Hacked HDD | x360key
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:43 am

3x fuck, 2x fucking(op), 1x shit.
Thanks.

Bad habit of mine, but hey, fuck it.
the game
deku_scrub

Post by deku_scrub » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:17 pm

If this car stereo has Bluetooth, this is a nice streaming box!! :D
__ deku_scrub __ Wii D3-2 | System 4.3 | HC installed using Smash Stack | WODE Jukebox
Xbox 360 Slim 4GB | 320GB Hacked HDD | x360key
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:38 pm

Nah, it's a shitty one. With the exception of the sound though, it does sound nice even at full volume (I can't blow my speakers, which is a pro when it comes to operating while drunk etc).
the game
BoFoSho

Post by BoFoSho » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:03 am

Fucking shitty one or just shitty?

I love this project. Nice to see random "Shit" being built.