AV Mods for nes/snes

NES/SNES/N64
Gixxxer

AV Mods for nes/snes

Post by Gixxxer » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 am

Im just curious ive seen people do RGB mods to nes,snes and 64. I have 2 questions. With the nes and snes i have seen it done both with and without the additional pcb board. Does anyone have any info on if the like 90 dollars is worth it for those extra pcbs vs running your own wires because some people say the pcb is required? Also the toploader nes is excluded from this topic for specific reasons. Also when it comes to the 64 why can is it that people can run wires off the chip vs a pcb addition.I understand times have changed and so has technology I just find it odd.
If you want something bad enough, you will make time to do it
Lander

Re: AV Mods for nes/snes

Post by Lander » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:50 am

RGB Mod For SNES it's a bit easy than the NES RGB mod, you need some resistences and capacitors for each signal. Note that there is a YPbPr mod for some SNEs with S-ENC chip.

I can't help you in that way because i don't have experience in soldering, but any other information such schematics, i can help you to find it
NES :: SNES :: N64 :: PSOne :: GC :: PS2 Slim :: GBA SP iQue (AGP-101) :: Wii :: DSi :: 3DS XL (Smash Edition)
Gixxxer

Post by Gixxxer » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:59 am

im guessing the resistors would have an effect on the color intensity?
Lander

Post by Lander » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:02 am

AFAIK, the YPrPb mod it's not universal, there are people using diferents values of resistors to get the best clear image possible.
NES :: SNES :: N64 :: PSOne :: GC :: PS2 Slim :: GBA SP iQue (AGP-101) :: Wii :: DSi :: 3DS XL (Smash Edition)
Gixxxer

Post by Gixxxer » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:26 am

is there a common factor for that S-ENC chip. like only in original or toploader etc...