USB homebrew problems

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
q8v08

USB homebrew problems

Post by q8v08 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Ok guys I recently got a PAL RVL-001 system menu 4.3E
, I exploited it via wilbrand and installed the cios with base52 following guide here
https://sites.google.com/site/completes ... stallation
along with cmios v4 on ios249 also and the homebrew channel, atm all my homebrew is stored on a 1GB FAT16 partition on my 8GB SDHC
"I think letterbomb and wiibrand both have issues installing off partitions larger than 2GB"
loading homebrew apps off the sdcard card works fine via the homebrew channel including swiss via the swissbooter :-), the problem i'm having now is none of the backup launchers work with my 64GB usb stick, it's currently split into two 32GB partitions one fat32 primary active and the other one is ext4, the only homebrew that can read both partitions are wiiflow via the file explorer, wiiexplorer and wiimc,
usb-loader gx, configurable loader both hang when trying to mount the fat32 partition, nintendont fails to recognise it also, cleanrip dumps the bca file and a partial iso to the fat32 partition, it reports write error with every disc i've tried backuping up within the first 5%, is having a 2nd ext4 partition producing all these problems? I thought you were supposed to be able to have multiple partitions ntfs, fat32, ext4 etc with the usb loaders.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: USB homebrew problems

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:47 pm

A few things that you've done wrong:

Using CIOS
Asking for it to all work magically with multiple partitions
Using a Wii for Swiss ;)

I'd recommend sticking to a single partition because partition support is implemented independently per application sometimes.
q8v08

Post by q8v08 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:00 pm

I also use my usb stick for recording tv though and it only works with a ext4 partition, guess I'll just repartition my sdcard to it's full 8GB no reason to keep it at 1GB anymore now my Wii is exploited, dump via cleanrip to the sdcard then copy to usb and run the iso with wiiflow, is their any downside to using either ntfs or fat32 with cleanrip, I heard that ntfs is slower at dumping.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:03 am

Keep your SD card as FAT32 then copy it to your USB (NTFS).
q8v08

Post by q8v08 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Am I forced to join iso chucks before booting?, I just copied a cleanrip dump to the wbfs folder on my usb stick, Wiiflow listed the game and a white loading bar came up but nothing happened after that, I then checked with the configurable usb loader and it only lists complete isos, am I missing some special naming convention for split isos? also copying files from sd to usb is dog slow using Wiiexplorer 558KB vs the 2.5MB dumping speed to SD I was getting with Cleanrip "the usb stick is usb3.0", is their any better file managers for the Wii? something like a terminal emulator + busybox for typed commands? that I could use for joining the iso chunks, so I don't have to unplug and use my pc.
q8v08

Post by q8v08 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:48 pm

Update: Installing d2x-v10-beta53-alt on top of d2x-v10-beta52 fixed the freezing in USB Loader GX and Configurable USB Loader, I can use / see both the NTFS & EXT4 partitions without problem now.
Cleanrip uses stock ios58 though?