Super Smash Bros Brawl Save file transfer

Find all your Nintendo Wii related topics here
MockyLock

Super Smash Bros Brawl Save file transfer

Post by MockyLock » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:50 am

Hello
once again i need some help.
As you can guess from the title, i would like to transfer an "internet save file" to my Wii for the SSBB game (my 4yo son love to play this game, but unfortunetly i can't spend so much time to unlock everything).
I've downloaded Wii Save Game Manager (from this link https://code.google.com/p/savegame-manager-gx/ , the HBC setup).
I downloaded the save game from here http://www.wiisave.com/index.php?dlid=1895&limit=30 , PAL save for PAL game.
In the Save Game Manager app, i founded the save on my SD, but i don't have the "Install" option, i decompressed it and i have now a SSBB save file, but still don't have the Install option (Copy or Erase only).
I already have a SSBB save file from my game on my Wii (i know that i must have one on the Wii before installing the new one).
To be short, i can't transfer thi sdamn save file (i must do something wrong).
Any help would be appreciated :)

PS : i would like to do the same for Mario Kart Wii, so any other advices are welcome.
Thank you very much, and Haapy New CubeYear !
AC_Orange

Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Save file transfer

Post by AC_Orange » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:08 pm

If you took the time to read the warning properly you would have noticed that you need to start the game and create a file first before you can install :) So try starting the game and see how you go :)
MockyLock

Post by MockyLock » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:36 pm

MockyLock wrote:Hello
once again i need some help.
As you can guess from the title, i would like to transfer an "internet save file" to my Wii for the SSBB game (my 4yo son love to play this game, but unfortunetly i can't spend so much time to unlock everything).
I've downloaded Wii Save Game Manager (from this link https://code.google.com/p/savegame-manager-gx/ , the HBC setup).
I downloaded the save game from here http://www.wiisave.com/index.php?dlid=1895&limit=30 , PAL save for PAL game.
In the Save Game Manager app, i founded the save on my SD, but i don't have the "Install" option, i decompressed it and i have now a SSBB save file, but still don't have the Install option (Copy or Erase only).
I already have a SSBB save file from my game on my Wii (i know that i must have one on the Wii before installing the new one).
To be short, i can't transfer thi sdamn save file (i must do something wrong).
Any help would be appreciated :)

PS : i would like to do the same for Mario Kart Wii, so any other advices are welcome.
Thank you very much, and Haapy New CubeYear !
Quoting myself : i've created the save file. But i can't copy/replace the save file.
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:38 pm

The only reason why you wouldn't have install is because the file is not present but you are saying it is. When you backup your SSBB save to your SD card does it have the same game code - RSBP?
I don't know
MockyLock

Post by MockyLock » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:12 pm

The weird thing is that i can see the save file of SSBB in the Wii browser itself, but i can't see it in the Savegame Manager. Actually, there are a lot of save file that i can't see in Savegame Manager.Only a few of them are displayed. My Wii must be cursed by the Save Eater Ghost.
MockyLock

Post by MockyLock » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:22 pm

Done it !
Actually, my Wii was not up to date (not enough).
A friend of mine came to my house this afternoon, he's pretty good in all this kind of matter, he's updated my Wii (HBC, USB Loader GX) and now every gamesave display in the Savegale Manager, and i could copy the internet file to my Wii.
Thank you AC_Orange for wasting your time for my request :)
AC_Orange

Post by AC_Orange » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:47 am

No, thank you for telling us how you fixed it