Swiss Nightly Build

Discuss one of the most feature filled GameCube applications here :)
Sugurain

Re: Swiss Nightly Build

Post by Sugurain » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:44 pm

GreyRogue wrote:If you want something quick and ugly to dump the IPL to SD through the SD-Gecko, the patch I attached to Issue 121 should work.
https://code.google.com/p/swiss-gc/issues/detail?id=121
Can someone tell me how can I use this?

I want to dump my IPL, but without this patch I'll have no other way to do it, unless I pay a lot of money for a BBA or those fancy modchips. Any of those would take months to ship and arrive here too. (brazilian's post office is one of the worst and slowest in this planet).
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:40 pm

q8v08 wrote:Someone over at psx-scence.com created a piece of software called GSM that let's you set various resolutions all the way up 1080i on the PS2 also includes pcsx2 widescreen fixes is that the homebrew you mean?
Yes, GS Mode Selector. There's also Xploder HDTV Player, which is a bit better. Still far from Swiss's level, though.

GS Mode Selector does not include any widescreen fixes. Nearly all of those only work in PCSX2 anyway, because it requires even more memory.
Hardware: Wii (PAL)
Hardware configuration: System Menu 4.1E, Priiloader
Swiss boot method: Modified Wii Swiss Booter provided by Extrems
Software medium: Retail discs
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:47 pm

Sugurain I downloaded the patch I am unsure of how to patch what. I am assuming that because it came from the swiss repositories is part of Swiss. So I would assume that you should have an option to dump the IPL to your sd wroth current Swiss. But don't quote me on this. I have yet to try

EDIT: greyrogue might be able to enlighten is on how it is used, or emu.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:44 pm

q8v08 wrote:I have question about swiss, does it perform a reset / reinitialize to the gamecube pad & memory card ports before startup? in the log of nintendon-t it says "Got Shutdown button call" command, can this be disabled since i'm running it on Wii with USB / Front SD, with dios mios lite.
Why are you trying to run a wii program through Swiss, which only runs gamecube programs?
GreyRogue

Post by GreyRogue » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:30 pm

Duhasst0 wrote:Sugurain I downloaded the patch I am unsure of how to patch what. I am assuming that because it came from the swiss repositories is part of Swiss. So I would assume that you should have an option to dump the IPL to your sd wroth current Swiss. But don't quote me on this. I have yet to try

EDIT: greyrogue might be able to enlighten is on how it is used, or emu.
It's a source patch for swiss. You just apply the patch and compile. Once you have the executable, if I remember correctly, you browse to your SD card and then press Start. From there just specify your sd card root as the location to dump the ipl and it should do so. It was just a quick hack to generate the file. I assume when the actual issue is fixed for swiss it will be done in a better manner with normal menu selection, rather than the random button press I threw in.

I used r254 when I created it. It may or may not work with latest, but you can always pull the old version from SVN. It's not all that difficult to compile, but I'm not set up it to do it right now.
Duhasst0

Post by Duhasst0 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Greyrogue, I'm in the same position, don't have any compiling environment setup, and with the new stuff the guys said that they have some custom stuff in libogc and others to get Swiss to where it is. So at this time we must wait til they put it in.
GreyRogue

Post by GreyRogue » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:41 pm

As I said, it can be built with old code. As long as you're only using it to dump the IPL, this should probably work. I think I found the copy I used a year ago. Use at your own risk.
Attachments
swiss.zip
Swiss 254 with IPL patch
(761.71 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
Sugurain

Post by Sugurain » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Ok, I downloaded it and will try it after dinner.
Thanks for all the help! =)

Once I try it I'll let you know if it worked.

EDIT

Here it is!
Uploaded the DOL-002 IPL here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cja2v77bpsep ... e.bin?dl=0

I don't think I can properly test it, so go ahead and do it for me. xP

EDIT 2
Got it to work with Dolphin.
The image is completely messed up though. Obviously, Dolphin wasn't expecting this unkown type of IPL. hahah
q8v08

Post by q8v08 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:18 am

tueidj wrote:
q8v08 wrote:I have question about swiss, does it perform a reset / reinitialize to the gamecube pad & memory card ports before startup? in the log of nintendon-t it says "Got Shutdown button call" command, can this be disabled since i'm running it on Wii with USB / Front SD, with dios mios lite.
Why are you trying to run a wii program through Swiss, which only runs gamecube programs?
I'm not, I was planning on using nitendon-t to run swiss instead of dios mios so I can use my wiimote+nunchuck for gamecube backups / homebrew with swiss 576p patching, swiss would gain access to usb / front sd via the mounted gcm on nitendon-t dvd emulator.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:09 am

There's practically zero chance of that working.
q8v08

Post by q8v08 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:29 am

Well the only thing stopping swiss from being able to support wiimote+nunchuck is the above mentioned gc pad and mc port reset / reinitialization as nintendont needs it for hooking, sdml does the exact same thing as swiss with nitendont but it does boot and run fine otherwise unlike swiss which just blackscreen.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:41 am

Yeah, it's just PAL-M menu, games run in their native 480i NTSC.

Attachments
Image_0103-1910(CVBS).png
(205.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sugurain

Post by Sugurain » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:48 am

emu_kidid wrote:Yeah, it's just PAL-M menu, games run in their native 480i NTSC.

Wich is kinda weird.

Why would they have all this trouble to make a PAL-M menu, and leave the games running in NTSC format? xD
It doesn't make sense!

If your TV didn't have NTSC, your games would play in black and white. lol

Did you find anything else interesting with this IPL?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:56 am

I'll look into it a bit more :)
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:37 pm

emu_kidid wrote:Yeah, it's just PAL-M menu, games run in their native 480i NTSC.

Now I'm curious, how was that determined? By owning a PAL-M capable TV which informs you of the color system in use?
Sugurain

Post by Sugurain » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:52 pm

I'd like to ask something stupid: What's the best way to boot swiss on a Gamecube? I want something... stealth/invisible...

Back when I modded my PS2, I installed a modchip (Thunder PRO II) wich let me boot from the memorycard if I pressed triangle on bootup. And on my memorycard I had the Open PS2 Loader installed. If I didn't press anything, the console would boot as usual.

Is there a similar way to do this on the Cube too?

My original Xbox just boots into XBMC using a cheap Xeno modchip (yep, there are Xenos for the Xbox too xD, it's a clone of the Alladin chip).
I don't really like the original menu of the xbox, and XBMC is so overkill in therms of looks and functionality... I'd rather have it booting directly to XBMC. =P

For the Cube, I want something invisible. Something that only shows up if I press a button while booting or something like this. But I don't want to lose DVD drive support either.

Second question:
In the feature list of Swiss, I saw a "Cover support", but couldn't find any other info about it online.

Can Swiss actually show full covers for the games, like XBMC, Open PS2 Loader, etc, do?
Attachments
videos5.png
(974.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
example_1.png
(455.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
badsector

Post by badsector » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:46 pm

Just buy a MEGAdrive V4 package. It is a whole DVD drive with already installed modchip and SD slot. If no SD card is inserted into the SD slot, you can boot from DVD drive, otherwise it will boot Swiss (if installed to the modchip). But this is not the correct thread and you could have found all those information with the forum search.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:10 am

Sugurain wrote:I'd like to ask something stupid: What's the best way to boot swiss on a Gamecube? I want something... stealth/invisible...
Boot methods for homebrew: https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.p ... g_Homebrew
There may be a few more to add to that list this year.
Sugurain wrote: Can Swiss actually show full covers for the games, like XBMC, Open PS2 Loader, etc, do?
Not at this stage, the best it will do is show you the internal banner, but it would be nice to add in.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:43 am

swiss_r296 posted, adds support for PAL-M

also included file "SWISS_FILE_DESCRIPTIONS.txt" to hopefully clear up any confusion over the various versions of swiss contained within the distribution package...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Sugurain

Post by Sugurain » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:39 am

megalomaniac wrote:swiss_r296 posted, adds support for PAL-M

also included file "SWISS_FILE_DESCRIPTIONS.txt" to hopefully clear up any confusion over the various versions of swiss contained within the distribution package...
Sweet!

Gonna test it on real hardware to see what happens! ;)

EDIT
Let's see:

I booted r296 from SD, using my r294 Swiss DVD.
It recognized the config file of my older Swiss and aplied these settings to itself, so it booted in NTSC (video mode I left the older version was "480i").
Info page showed PAL-M, but my TV still detected the signal as NTSC.

So I changed the config file, video mode to "Auto", and rebooted Swiss.
This time, my TV detected a PAL-M signal. So it's a success! :)
Gotta be careful with the config file though... The video mode option only shows "480i", but not at what color system. Changing from "Auto" to this option makes Swiss go into NTSC mode automatically.

The "System Info" page still shows my Gamecube as a DOL-001. Everything else seems correct.

Booting NTSC games still makes them show a NTSC format signal. I wonder if Swiss could force NTSC games to be displayed in PAL-M, that would be something REALLY usefull, as some older CRT TVs only accept PAL-M signal.

I think I understand what's happening now.

Gradiente made this Gamecube to run PAL-M games, so they would boot and generate a PAL-M signal. Thus, we would have PAL-M menus and PAL-M games.

But PAL-M games were never released (I've never seen one, at least), probably because of finantial problems with Gradiente were starting to show up, so this ability unique to the DOL-002 never saw the light of day.
They made it able to run NTSC games, so that those could be used while pure PAL-M games didn't reach the market.
q8v08

Post by q8v08 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:33 pm

So Tectoy stopped releasing pal-m games with the Dreamcast?
I know the Zeebo contained some wii / gamecube titles does that output in pal-m? any chance Tectoy published these?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vii :lol: shameless ripoff.
Sugurain

Post by Sugurain » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:32 pm

As far as I know, brazilian Dreamcast played NTSC titles, so even if they were pressed here, they were just like your average US copy.

Tectoy was so powerful back in the 80s and early 90s, that it was succesful in selling more Sega consoles than Nintendo consoles. In fact, Brazil is one of the only few countries in the world where the Master System sold (much) more than the NES.
Back in the Master system era, Tectoy translated some titles to portuguese:

Adapted others to our culture:

MADE some games to our culture:

Ported some titles from other consoles (all exclusive to brazilian market):
ImageImage

Ported titles from the GameGear:
ImageImage

And much, MUCH more! xD

I happen to own a Zeebo too. lol
I've never tested to see if the output is PAL-M or NTSC. (I'd strongly guess it outputs in PAL-M)

However, you can be sure of one thing: It does NOT have any game from the GC or Wii.
In raw power, it would be equivalent to a Dreamcast of sorts, but the lame SDK (made in BREW) storage limitations (50MB MAX for one game), and other issues, made the games on the Zeebo look more like PS1 games. hahaha
(There are some PS1 ports to it, BTW. Most games are cellphone ports though)

Just to avoid going offtopic again, it's better to ask me stuff in private.
Or we could make a topic to discuss brazilian game stuff in Other Platforms. xD
Attachments
wondermonica1.jpg
(97.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ttexclusives.jpg
(83.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SMSCapaMortalKombat3.jpg
(11.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
phantasy-star-br2.jpg
(290.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
med_Sitio-Front.jpg
(57.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BZVFAFront.jpg
(34.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BZSonicBlastFront.jpg
(29.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
box.jpg
(19.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ALSINJAN

Post by ALSINJAN » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:45 pm

q8v08 wrote:I'm not, I was planning on using nitendon-t to run swiss instead of dios mios so I can use my wiimote+nunchuck for gamecube backups / homebrew with swiss 576p patching, swiss would gain access to usb / front sd via the mounted gcm on nitendon-t dvd emulator.
I also tried to run Swiss from Nintendont (to get better starting with "Wii Swiss Booter"), but only starts the GUI without text (see picture).

Would it be possible Swiss version for Nintendont?
Attachments
d2c63a32a06c07bb182a7c7dfa799930o.jpg
(11.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Mario64patchedSwiss.zip
(948.69 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
hunter291

Post by hunter291 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:06 pm

I just updated swiss to the newest version. Is there a way to boot the Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition yet? Atleast for the pal version I had to extract the tgcs and convert them to gcms. Will it be possible in future versions to play it without the need of extraction and converting files?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:48 pm

ALSINJAN wrote:
q8v08 wrote: Would it be possible Swiss version for Nintendont?
No, sorry, I don't know anything about how or why you'd want to do that.
hunter291 wrote:I just updated swiss to the newest version. Is there a way to boot the Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition yet? Atleast for the pal version I had to extract the tgcs and convert them to gcms. Will it be possible in future versions to play it without the need of extraction and converting files?
I'm working on it when I can, I did fix the Ocarina of Time collection recently.