Development kits

Chat, Off-topic, Research & Development etc
Jerrysk4au

Development kits

Post by Jerrysk4au » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:52 am

I have a friend that is willing to sell me his game developement kits.
He has:
Wii dev kits - he says they are red and green
Gamecube dev kit
DS dev kit
Gba dev kit
PS2 dev kit
Dreamcast dev kit
N64 Dev kit
I have not seen these yet and know nothing about how much dev kits are worth. Do you guys know the current values of these? I am going over to his house this weekend I wanted to know what to look for.
Thanks!
-Jerry S K
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Development kits

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:30 am

Rough prices as I've not looked at dev hardware in a while..

GameCube dev kits come in a few varieties:

GBOX is a PC looking thing with GC controller ports. It's not going to be worth it unless if he has all the connecting cards that need to go in a accompanying PC (and even then that PC would need to run WinXP or older OS with SDK software). These aren't really worth buying.
$50-500 depending on what it comes with

NPDP Reader (Red Cube with Cart slot on the top), there isn't too much you can do with it, even if it comes with a cart.
$250 or $400 if it comes with a cart with something actually on it.

NR Reader (Green cube), as above, this one will only run NR discs which are beta/prototypes
$150-$350

TDEV (Brown cube), as above, this one will only run NR discs but has a whopping 48MB of primary RAM and a USB port. It will require software for both the cube and the PC it connects to.
$500-$1000

The upper prices are if the units are boxed/mint condition - since a lot of this stuff was used by testers it's usually very bad condition.
Jerrysk4au

Post by Jerrysk4au » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:55 am

Thanks for the info. I think he mostly has wii and nintendo ds dev kits and a ps2 dev kit but ill keep my eye out for game cube.
Thanks!
-Jerry S K
Scorpiator

Post by Scorpiator » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:51 am

Does you friend still have the NPDP reader> and wants to sell it?
Jerrysk4au

Post by Jerrysk4au » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:45 am

Scorpiator wrote:Does you friend still have the NPDP reader> and wants to sell it?
Nope but he still has Wii Dev Kits and DS Dev kits
Thanks!
-Jerry S K
Scorpiator

Post by Scorpiator » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:16 pm

I will buy the DS devkits if he still has them
Pinta77

Post by Pinta77 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:04 pm

Gamecube dev stuff is neat. If you have a chance to pick it up for a decent price, you should do it!

I’ll attach some pics of my nr reader for you or anyone else. I spent about $400 for mine with the box
Attachments
0891A203-C193-4C32-A0C2-AE68AD2019FC.jpeg
(2.35 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Penelope78

Post by Penelope78 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:45 am

A friend's offering a goldmine of game development kits, including Wii, Gamecube, DS, GBA, PS2, Dreamcast, and N64 dev kits. I'm heading to his place soon, and since I'm unfamiliar with their current values, I'm seeking advice. Any insights on what to look for or the current market prices for these dev kits? Excited about the prospect, but want to make sure I'm making a fair deal. Any guidance is appreciated!PM kisan status
pstrick2

Post by pstrick2 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:28 am

Penelope78 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:45 am
A friend's offering a goldmine of game development kits, including Wii, Gamecube, DS, GBA, PS2, Dreamcast, and N64 dev kits. I'm heading to his place soon, and since I'm unfamiliar with their current values, I'm seeking advice. Any insights on what to look for or the current market prices for these dev kits? Excited about the prospect, but want to make sure I'm making a fair deal. Any guidance is appreciated!PM kisan status
We would need pictures. There's a huge range of devkits and values for those consoles.

I couple hundred each USD would be fair if you're buying them sight unseen.