Qoob Chip

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
novenary

Re: Qoob Chip

Post by novenary » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:45 am

Thanks for confirming, I wasn't too sure about it since I don't have a qoob.
Air Conditioner

Post by Air Conditioner » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:09 am

Does anyone have a clear picture of the 4 blue wires on the Qoob Pro chip? I lost my plug with the wires and the cable that connects the USB a few years ago and I wanted to wire it by hand and install it, only problem is that I cant find a good picture of the plug with the 4 blue wires on it to make new ones ( I have several spare disk drives I can salvage the male and female ports from) Thanks! :D
Formerly Mizumi
ultrageranium

Post by ultrageranium » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:32 pm

Bugalo wrote:Also, I am a Linux user, but I cannot find the Linux flasher, gqoob, anywhere on the internet. Do you know anything about that project?
Late reply, but might be relevant for others as it took me a while to track down this information myself a few days ago.

The GQoobPro/qoob-flasher/libqoob software was written by Joni Valtanen. It seems that there has not been any public clone made of his repos. or any published snapshots. I asked him if he could put the sources back online, now that Gitorious is gone and not sure if/when archive.org will provide access to the repos.

In the meantime, you can use the Ubuntu packages made by the author: http://koti.kapsi.fi/~jvaltane/deb/ .
Personally, I extracted the binaries from libqoob0_0.11_amd64.deb and qoob-flasher_0.11_amd64.deb and they worked like a charm on Debian Sid. Just make sure that you tell the usbhid module to ignore the device.

Code: Select all

# /etc/modprobe.d/qoobpro.conf 
options usbhid quirks=0x03eb:0x0001:0x00000004
If you do not do that, usbhid will claim the Qoob as soon as you plug it and the flasher will not be able to communicate with it. That should also permit a working USB filtering in VirtualBox in case you want to use the windows flasher (untested).

Writing to the onboard memory is then super easy:

qoob-flasher -vv -d -w02 swiss_r334-compressed.dol
There is a very well detailed man page and the CLI has some help for the flags.

Good luck!
ultrageranium

Post by ultrageranium » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:26 pm

Update:
- gitorious.org is back in read-only mode! gqoob repos is here: https://gitorious.org/gqoob/mainline
- some tweaks to compile qoob-flasher on FreeBSD: http://0xa.kuri.mu/2016/02/21/qoob-flasher-on-freebsd/
Bugalo

Post by Bugalo » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:53 pm

ultrageranium wrote:
Bugalo wrote:Also, I am a Linux user, but I cannot find the Linux flasher, gqoob, anywhere on the internet. Do you know anything about that project?
Late reply, but might be relevant for others as it took me a while to track down this information myself a few days ago.

The GQoobPro/qoob-flasher/libqoob software was written by Joni Valtanen. It seems that there has not been any public clone made of his repos. or any published snapshots. I asked him if he could put the sources back online, now that Gitorious is gone and not sure if/when archive.org will provide access to the repos.

In the meantime, you can use the Ubuntu packages made by the author: http://koti.kapsi.fi/~jvaltane/deb/ .
Personally, I extracted the binaries from libqoob0_0.11_amd64.deb and qoob-flasher_0.11_amd64.deb and they worked like a charm on Debian Sid. Just make sure that you tell the usbhid module to ignore the device.

# /etc/modprobe.d/qoobpro.conf 
options usbhid quirks=0x03eb:0x0001:0x00000004
If you do not do that, usbhid will claim the Qoob as soon as you plug it and the flasher will not be able to communicate with it. That should also permit a working USB filtering in VirtualBox in case you want to use the windows flasher (untested).

Writing to the onboard memory is then super easy:

qoob-flasher -vv -d -w02 swiss_r334-compressed.dol
There is a very well detailed man page and the CLI has some help for the flags.

Good luck!
ultrageranium wrote:Update:
- gitorious.org is back in read-only mode! gqoob repos is here: https://gitorious.org/gqoob/mainline
- some tweaks to compile qoob-flasher on FreeBSD: http://0xa.kuri.mu/2016/02/21/qoob-flasher-on-freebsd/

Thank you! I will try it as soon as I can.
Bomberman82

Post by Bomberman82 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:20 pm

Hallo Community

i got a problem, i would play Paper Mario A Thousand Year Doors. In German Language. I got the orginal Pal Version and would play it with my Panasonic Q with Qoob Pro Chip. But it´s only in English possible. The Game use the Systemsettings to change the Language. My Question is: Is there anyway to settup the Qoob Chip to a German Pal System. I could change the Videosignal into PAL but that don´t work it make the same. I hope you could help i wrote this in another Forumsites and no one could help me out.?!?

Maybe i can put the original Germansystem Bios on the Qoob Pro???.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:17 pm

Bomberman82 wrote:Hallo Community

i got a problem, i would play Paper Mario A Thousand Year Doors. In German Language. I got the orginal Pal Version and would play it with my Panasonic Q with Qoob Pro Chip. But it´s only in English possible. The Game use the Systemsettings to change the Language. My Question is: Is there anyway to settup the Qoob Chip to a German Pal System. I could change the Videosignal into PAL but that don´t work it make the same. I hope you could help i wrote this in another Forumsites and no one could help me out.?!?

Boot Swiss, go to the settings and then switch the IPL Language to German, save and then boot your game, it should be in German.
Bomberman82

Post by Bomberman82 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:05 am

emu_kidid wrote:
Bomberman82 wrote:Hallo Community

Boot Swiss, go to the settings and then switch the IPL Language to German, save and then boot your game, it should be in German.

Thx, for your help :-) Which Swiss Version are be good? There are a loot of different Versions. Could you recommend pls?
novenary

Post by novenary » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:04 am

Latest. Don't use anything else.
Bomberman82

Post by Bomberman82 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:51 am

Yeah! Thank you guys. Problem solved. And you need to make this one time and its ok and I thought you have to constantly use the swiss cd to play in German.

Thanks a lot.
AmyGrrl

Post by AmyGrrl » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:21 am

I fixed my issue. My Qoob Pro kept coming up as unknown device in Windows 10. I kept plugging in the Qoob into all my USB Ports and finally it worked.

One other question. I want to install Swiss. Downloaded the current r377. Can I replace the Qoob Pro Bios with Swiss or do I just install the compressed DOL to one of the free slots? If I can't replace the Bios can the Qoob Pro be set to autoboot Swiss app?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:18 am

AmyGrrl wrote:I fixed my issue. My Qoob Pro kept coming up as unknown device in Windows 10. I kept plugging in the Qoob into all my USB Ports and finally it worked.

One other question. I want to install Swiss. Downloaded the current r377. Can I replace the Qoob Pro Bios with Swiss or do I just install the compressed DOL to one of the free slots? If I can't replace the Bios can the Qoob Pro be set to autoboot Swiss app?
You can put the compressed DOL onto the Qoob for now (although someone reported that to be broken at the moment). Try it and let me know.

Hold Y at boot and it'll bring up the flash menu on the Qoob.

On Win7/8/10 you have to plug the qoob in/out about 5-10 times before it enumerates properly, I think it's a timing issue, but eventually it gets there (and you can tell it has worked when the LED on the programmer has lit up).
AmyGrrl

Post by AmyGrrl » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:08 am

emu_kidid wrote:
AmyGrrl wrote:I fixed my issue. My Qoob Pro kept coming up as unknown device in Windows 10. I kept plugging in the Qoob into all my USB Ports and finally it worked.

You can put the compressed DOL onto the Qoob for now (although someone reported that to be broken at the moment). Try it and let me know.

On Win7/8/10 you have to plug the qoob in/out about 5-10 times before it enumerates properly, I think it's a timing issue, but eventually it gets there (and you can tell it has worked when the LED on the programmer has lit up).
Sorry it took so long to reply back. I didn't have the video cable for my GameCube. My brother didn't return all my better cables. Just bought a cheap composite cable today just to get up and running again see what is going on. Getting grumpy with how many times I have to reconnect the USB Cable before my Qoob Pro is finally recognized in Windows 10. I flashed the compressed Swiss r377 and can confirm it does not boot. Just sits at booting DOL. I've erased it and flashed it 3 times and still does not boot. I flashed the GCOM 2.4 dol just to confirm DOL booting is working and that booted fine.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:11 pm

AmyGrrl wrote:
emu_kidid wrote:

Sorry it took so long to reply back. I didn't have the video cable for my GameCube. My brother didn't return all my better cables. Just bought a cheap composite cable today just to get up and running again see what is going on. Getting grumpy with how many times I have to reconnect the USB Cable before my Qoob Pro is finally recognized in Windows 10. I flashed the compressed Swiss r377 and can confirm it does not boot. Just sits at booting DOL. I've erased it and flashed it 3 times and still does not boot. I flashed the GCOM 2.4 dol just to confirm DOL booting is working and that booted fine.
Yeah that confirms what I thought, I'll need to release a DOL with the old compression method as well for Qoob flash users until we figure out what's broken with FIX94's dolxz.
Phynn

Post by Phynn » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:03 pm

So I bought a qoob pro GC. Haven't messed with it much. I thinks it's version 13.04b. Can double check later. I poked around the memory card it came with last night, deleted a file that looked like a Mario save. Now all the cheats that were loaded on it are gone.? Help please?
AmyGrrl

Post by AmyGrrl » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:07 am

I used the d0lLz v3.0 app to compress the main Swiss r377 dol. It was quite a bit larger then the compressed dol you provided. Wasn't sure if it would fit with the massive cheat file I have installed on my Qoob Pro. But I managed to get it to fit and I have no more free slots now. At least I can boot and run Swiss r377 now. Now if only we had a way to auto boot Swiss or boot Swiss when holding a button. Too bad the 1.4 bios never got released. Maybe something like that would have been included.

I also discovered only one USB Port on my whole computer seems to work really reliably with only having to reconnect the usb cable 5 or less times, vs the 50+ times it would take with all the other usb ports.
Jato1

Post by Jato1 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:26 pm

Can I just Download Qoob 1.3c Flahdisk rar and burn to disk to update my Qoob SX ? I have never used Qoob or other programable Mod Chip so this is all new to me.. Any help would be greatly appreciated !
SeeDborg

Post by SeeDborg » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi,
I'm kind of a noob and I'd like to push the latest version of SwissGC on the flash memory of my Gamecube with a Qoob SX. How can I do this ? (I have the ethernet adapter)
Jato1

Post by Jato1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Will i need to change QOOB 1.3 flash disk rar to a iso disk file to upgrade my firmware, or will it work as is ??
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:01 am

SeeDborg wrote:Hi,
I'm kind of a noob and I'd like to push the latest version of SwissGC on the flash memory of my Gamecube with a Qoob SX. How can I do this ? (I have the ethernet adapter)
You can't, the flash is too small.
Jato1 wrote:Will i need to change QOOB 1.3 flash disk rar to a iso disk file to upgrade my firmware, or will it work as is ??
Extract the .iso or .gcm, and burn it to a disc with ImgBurn.
schooluser

Post by schooluser » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:11 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
SeeDborg wrote:Hi,
You can't, the flash is too small.
Jato1 wrote:Will i need to change QOOB 1.3 flash disk rar to a iso disk file to upgrade my firmware, or will it work as is ??
Extract the .iso or .gcm, and burn it to a disc with ImgBurn.
I had the same question as SeeDborg, I am rather new to this as before I just used my gamecube regularly.

I'm wanting Swiss and Action replay on a Gamecube with a QoobSX, I see you saying the memory is too small to upload swiss into it, is there no way to run swiss and action replay with a QoobSX without having to burn a disc?

I thought I could just put the Swiss and Action replay dol files on a memory card and boot them with the QoobSX, is that not true?

Which version of the action replay would I have to use to be able to load the games dol files from memory card with cheats?

I have an action replay disk, one of the ones still being sold online, but I think they removed that functionality from it. Is there any way to tell?

Edit:
If the QoobSX can't do what I need, how do I find a QoobPro? I've checked online for months, does anyone have one stashed they're willing to sell?
Last edited by schooluser on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:17 pm

If you have an SD gecko, it's possible to fit a small loader in the Qoob SX flash, but that'll need a bit of work, libogc is one fat fucker. I made something like that for my Qoob pro, and it needs 192KB of flash.
schooluser

Post by schooluser » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:25 pm

Streetwalker wrote:If you have an SD gecko, it's possible to fit a small loader in the Qoob SX flash, but that'll need a bit of work, libogc is one fat fucker. I made something like that for my Qoob pro, and it needs 192KB of flash.
I'm willing to do it that way, the QoobSX has 1mbit(128Kbytes) of flash memory instead of the 16mbit that a QoobPro has, and I do have a SD gecko(memory card adapter right?)

If there is a small loader in existence for this, can you point me in its direction?
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:05 pm

There is none. I'm going to try and make it fit but I can't promise anything.
schooluser

Post by schooluser » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:32 pm

Streetwalker wrote:There is none. I'm going to try and make it fit but I can't promise anything.
Dude! You're awesome! Thank you so much for giving it a shot!